!!! X3 Community Patch v1.2 !!! FYI- Fixes Turrets Without Replacing Models!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 21:59

Shada wrote:For some people - PSG, MD and ID weapons cause immense slowdown in patch 1.3 - but did not cause slowdown in patch 1.2. If you can figure out some way of fixing this then I would be incredibly happy and probably go "Yay".
Yes, this is the main problem I have with the game post 1.3. I've found no explanation or workaround for this problem yet (and no, it's not to turn off AQC or whatever it's called because I've never had it on).
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 22:05

i hope to death that egosoft doesnt incorporate these things in their next patch. but as for a mod, sure good luck have fun ^^
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 22:11

Baleur wrote:i hope to death that egosoft doesnt incorporate these things in their next patch. but as for a mod, sure good luck have fun ^^
What things don't you like?

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 00:27

BF, no offense, but I really do think it's best you let Egosoft and it's team fix most of the issues with this game. A community patch is not a patch until Egosoft reconize's it AS a patch (which is why I'm not downloading it, Egosoft hasn't come here and said they approve of it.)

Let egosoft fix the problems, bugs, and whatnot that is missing

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 00:38

Kalshion wrote:BF, no offense, but I really do think it's best you let Egosoft and it's team fix most of the issues with this game. A community patch is not a patch until Egosoft reconize's it AS a patch (which is why I'm not downloading it, Egosoft hasn't come here and said they approve of it.)

It's not fun messing around in the game files trying to get things to work. I got this game in November. It should have been working then. I'd rather them fix it too, but they take too long. Why wait several more months for them to fix what I can fix now?

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 01:04

Bubba Fat wrote:
Kalshion wrote:BF, no offense, but I really do think it's best you let Egosoft and it's team fix most of the issues with this game. A community patch is not a patch until Egosoft reconize's it AS a patch (which is why I'm not downloading it, Egosoft hasn't come here and said they approve of it.)

It's not fun messing around in the game files trying to get things to work. I got this game in November. It should have been working then. I'd rather them fix it too, but they take too long. Why wait several more months for them to fix what I can fix now?
Fix the stuff that is currently broken.. thats all I ask... (Ion,MD, PSG slow down.. stuff like that)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 19:12

If we all wait for egosoft to patch it, we might die of old age before we can fire PSG's again.

Dfeeds
x3

Post by Dfeeds » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 20:21

*moves mouse around dl button* ugh it's so d*mn tempting but I think I'll wait for egosoft's patch's

Elibriz
x3

Post by Elibriz » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 02:31

Peoples on this planet are definitively sheeps and definitively mind-slaves to a rigid hierarchy.

Don't listen to them Bubba, go all the way.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 09:33

No kidding... I think I may have inadvertantly confused some people by calling it a "Community Patch". It just fixes some things in the game. The ships I added in my "Missing Ship Models" mod, were the exact same ones that Egosoft added in their 1.3 patch. Then they forgot a couple models, and messed up some turret views, so I fixed that this time. The only difference is, this time I'm calling it a "Community Patch" instead of a "Missing Ship Models" mod. Which, until I get some help or learn how to fix some other things, is all it really is. I'm trying to learn how to use a 3D modeling program right now, so I can repair even more. It's easy to see from the game files what Egosoft meant to do. They just do a sloppy job of it, which is why I had to add back missing models, repair the Nova turret views, and whatever else I don't even know about yet. One day, probably after patch 2.0, I'll have very little to repair, and I'll hopefully be able to play this game and enjoy it. Until then, I'm going to keep doing my best to heal this crippled game.

Deta7
x3

Post by Deta7 » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 10:38

HI,

I'm really apreaciating what you are doing. Oveousely EGO noticed it as well because you got a fast repaly from them :)

I think esp the part where you collect all kinds of issues might help them to track things down so it's a great thing.

Any effords to fix it faster than next patch is also a great thing.

Thanks for supporting so many people with your work.
@EGO: Thanks to apreachiating that work and making a patch that corrects all the well known issues ;)

Cheerz

P.S. I'm not a native english speaker - please excuse any mis-used words or typing / grammar errors.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 23:50

No problem. Has anyone else noticed anything weird about the Boron Shark and Ray turrets? I was looking at the problem with the Boron Orca's rear turret, and I looked at the Boron M1 and M2 for comparision. Some of the turrets on those ships didn't seem right either. Anyone else notice this?

X3 Community Patch 1.1 is now available for download! It fixes the Boron Orca rear turret. You can get it here...
:arrow: http://x2source.com/forums/index.php?sh ... =0&p=38418&

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 00:12

Maby this is not a patch issue, but all the weapons can't be more unrealistic. The range, spead and strengh of nearly all the weapons are more than just courious.

How can it be possible that impulse weapons only go as fast as 800 km/h ???
shouldn't they be like lightning??

I am working on some balancing system, but there is a lot to do? Since I havn't played X and X2 I am not so involved in this history, but in my opinion
space fight work a little different, than airplanes at the second world war. Space ships usually don't fight in close combats. Thats why they have Ion guns, and rockets.

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 00:32

Blinki1984 wrote:Maby this is not a patch issue, but all the weapons can't be more unrealistic. The range, spead and strengh of nearly all the weapons are more than just courious.

How can it be possible that impulse weapons only go as fast as 800 km/h ???
shouldn't they be like lightning??

I am working on some balancing system, but there is a lot to do? Since I havn't played X and X2 I am not so involved in this history, but in my opinion
space fight work a little different, than airplanes at the second world war. Space ships usually don't fight in close combats. Thats why they have Ion guns, and rockets.
X3: Reunion is far from realistic. It's got goofy aliens, with weird and abstract-looking space ships, and a silly plot. I'm not going to change anything like what you're talking about, but there are several "balance" type mods already out. And even more being worked on. You might want to try one of the "balance" mods already out, before you go and make your own.

Nam
x3

Post by Nam » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 22:28

JonusITA wrote:i think that this work should be done by the ego staff...

they have the right means, they know what to do, and how to do it

this whould be a mod, not a "patch"

anyway goodluck ;)

You know what, that is absolutly correct, and I'm glad you used the main keyword there "should". There are a lot of things the ego staff "should" do or "should" have done but unfortunatly they have not. The game was incomplete and to most is still incomplete.

At the rate things are getting done by the "ego staff" I'm sad to say that they really are dragging their feet on these things. In an undividual or several individuals decided to take the work into their own hands and get things done, that seems to me to show that the "ego staff" really isn't doing all that well of a job in keeping up on their code. For a couple talented individuals such as "Bubba Fat" to take this into their own hands really goes to show how the developers are not doing their job as well as they should be.

I am a programmer myself (Server farm control software and other cool major projects) and I head my own programming department. When things need to get done, programmers have an amazing ability to get them done when given motivation to do it. Maybe Egosoft should look into changing some of it's development standards and methods.

I was a HUGE fan of X2 and I have to say, that Egosoft has a lot of work to do on X3 to earn back the respect the lost. I can be sure on one thing. Many people including myself will be thinking twice about getting another Egosoft game unless something is done to step up their work.

If someone like "Bubba Fat" comes along with the talent to fix all things that egosoft has been taking so long to, well... I have to say he deserves a pat on the back.

*Pats Bubba Fat on the back*

If you come out with a patch to fix all these issues that the ego staff "SHOULD" have fixed I'm sure you will be loved by all. Who knows, maybe it'll even get your a job somewhere... (Showing the egosoft dev team how to develop quicker) ;).

If any ego staff members come and read this, please do not take this as a downer. Learning ones faults, accepting them, and then overcoming them is something everyones does over time. Sometimes you get a helping outside hand which help you realize that.
The state in which the product was release is moot now. Now it is time to step things up and control the damage that was caused. I think the ego staff should take a good look on how their current product reflects back onto them. Whe customers get a product, the quality of the product causes the consumer to reflect that quality upon the company. If the quality of the X3 really what Egosoft and Staff wants to be associated with? I highly doubt it.
Take on the responsibility of the product maker and give it's customers the information they require about their incomplete product. Let us know what bugs are in which state of being fixed, build an automatic update system so small fixes can be applied right away that are important, give status updates, tell the customers what is happening with lots of current news update on what's going on behind the lines which concerns when the consumers where have fixes which bring the product closer to a finished product.
Another things, documentation, documentation, documentation. I think that's my biggest issue with this. As I mentioned above, we (the consumers) get next to no information about what's going on with patches and fixes as well as other things.

A good example a very good development methods are large opensource projects. You can see they have almost everything documented that anyone could ever want. Every possible setting, feature, capability, etc are all documented. There are also changelogs which show all the differences between each version, as well as lots of other documentation people get with a good development enviroment with good development tools/methods/policies.

If you look at one of the biggest new games out there for online playing "World of Warcraft" every patch, every feature is loaded with documentation. Every item which can be purchased is documented, every spell, EVERYTHING is documented. Their modding system is all fully documented with examples of doing things and all kinds of crazy documentation that provides it's consumers with all the information they could ever need. Their patches which come out every few months fix hundreds of issues and add features all the time. They have a development model where everything is modular which allows people to work on dedicated tasks to get the job done more effeciant by having experts in different areas/aspects of the game. Then you look at the mod community for WoW which created it's own reverse engineered server for playing WoW online without paying monthly charges. All of the stuff is documented.

All of these examples have majorly active forums which interact with the company though the forums. Most of the input gathered from the forums comes out quickly in patches. They listen to their consumers because without them, the product is nothing more then a piece of code that no one wants or doesn't want to pay for.

Egosoft, Please fix this and become more interactive and more informative. Create a forum/thread specifically for giving information about current status of fixes/bugs, give detailed change logs, provide a updated X3 scripting guide and what ever else that can be better documented.

It would be nice to have an area where rants on bugs can be put specifically so that they can be looked into and get some interaction from egosoft. Right now you see random rants come up all over the forums, and most of them get no notice from egosoft it seems. There is probably at liest 50 bugs in random rants that where probably missed over because of this... Speaking of ranting, I'm going on at little to much here.

I hope is take as constructive critisizm and is actually listened to... Strive to become better at all time.

And for you Bubba Fat, Keep up the good work.

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 22:49

I Think you just missed one major issue of X3 the detonation graphics are wack. Such a beautifull scenary and such a urgly explotion.

How could this possibly be???

Please can anyone increase the lightning effects on explotions and detonations ???

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 23:39

Some people seem to be confused about some things still. This Community Patch fixes the Nova turrets, and the Boron Orca rear turret. It does so without replacing any ship models. It actually adds the correct ship models on a few ships.

NumNuts
x3tc

Post by NumNuts » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 23:46

Blinki1984 wrote:I Think you just missed one major issue of X3 the detonation graphics are wack. Such a beautifull scenary and such a urgly explotion.
How could this possibly be???
Please can anyone increase the lightning effects on explotions and detonations ???
Gotta agree, lot's of little explosions then the station dissapears? I would like to see a BIG BOOM, shockwave effect doing damage to objects that are too close, and even a little bit of debris wouldnt go astray (randomly - dependant on size of the station).
Good call!

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 00:38

Nam,

One of the 'trademarks' of Egosoft has always been to leave everything in the dark. The game - and all of its features - should be experienced. If all aspects of the game were solved by reading forums etc. the point of the game would be gone.

The game was released too soon, I agree. But with the 1.3 patch they have finally released a game worth calling 'a new game'. It has no flaws, except for issues experienced by some people with certain hardware configurations. I'm 100% certain these issues will be solved in patches/driver updates.

There are dedicated forums where scripts are published to increase the game experience. There are also dedicated forums for developers who might contribute to the game and any future versions constructively. If you are a programmer I advice you to join that community, as your ideas might contribute to the entire community, and help improve an already great game.

obi-HERMITMAN
x3

Post by obi-HERMITMAN » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 04:26

Btw the cockpits in my game are only black with the shader detail on high, if i drop it to medium they are displayed correctly (or atleast a lot better)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”