[MOD]Less Asteroids Update 04/03/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 17:29

Do you need to load this mod with a 1.2.1 save or will it work with a 1.3 save? I ask because I dident notice any difference after using this mod.

Thanks.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

TheRealFixxxer
x3

Post by TheRealFixxxer » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 19:30

Is there any other site aside from Badongo hosting these files (mainly the less enemies file)? I've tried grabbing it from Badongo but I'm only able to upload, won't allow me to download (even after uploading something).

Great mod, though. Just wish I could get it.

:)

EDIT---

Forgot to say I was looking for the updated files.

EDIT #2---

Just read that you will e-mail the files if Badongo won't work.

If you can, please e-mail them to fixxxer-83@rogers.com

With your permission, would you mind me uploading these to Fileplanet if you do e-mail them to me? I know a lot of people dislike Fileplanet, but it is a great site. Even more so for those that have a subscription and don't have to wait in lines to download.

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 19:43

Just pm BlackRain he will email it to you.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 20:23

Da Junka, you need to either start a brand new game with 1.3, or it might work with a 1.2.01 save which you then upgrade to 1.3 although I havent tested this myself but I think it should work.

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 21:42

Well, I have come to the conclusion that removing the excess asteroids through blasting them is far too time consuming and dull for a project that may or may not have the desired end result (ie, they might respawn)...plus my TL and all ships on board blew up in the asteroid field, so I quit and that save is getting shelved until a script or patch comes out to rid me of excess asteroids. In the meanwhile, I did a couple quick tests of new starts and there are a normal number or roids, which is exactly what I was hoping for...so now I just need to decide what start point to use for my second go around...time to start building up again. (Sure, I could cheat myself everything, but sooner or later a solution to the roid problem will show up...)

Anywho, thanks for the roidless start Blackrain...at least there's hope for my new assassin/merchant/explorer...whichever I decide on...
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 22:04

Sorry it wont work in your save Fendalis, but you can always use the cheats to get back what u had.

calgacus
x3

Post by calgacus » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 04:00

how do i download your mod??

when i click the link then click the link on the page it brings up, it then just takes me to a page thats talking about uploading!! and nothing happens?

sorry if im being dumb, but i just couldnt get it to download
amd athlon 64 3000+, 768mb pc3200 ram, 256mb 6800gt

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 05:55

I just clicked on the link and it works fine, you have to closely look for where it says "Click here to download file" It is up at the top below the badongo.com banner and above where it says filename and such, when you click on that link it will automatically download.

chukkie
x3

Post by chukkie » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 07:35

Hmmm.
Something strange happened with my game/saves.
I did the following:
• Patched the game to 1.3 from 1.201.
• I didn’t play the saves games from 1.201, so I could see and test new features.
• Had some problems with asteroids and frame rates.
• Then I saw your mod(less enemies and asteroids), I downloaded it and merged it with my mod.
• After some testing I started to play with my old save game (never used in 1.3) and I see asteroids (smaller groups), only when get near the asteroid swarms they disappear.
• If I leave the sector and return, they are all respawned, but disappear when I get near them.
I don’t know if they have any effect on the AI ships.
AMD 4800+ X2
ASUS A8N32 SLI deluxe
2048 PC3200
ASUS NVIDIA GF 7900 GTX
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality FPS
2x 400Gb Seagate sata
Windows XP pro SP2

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 17:16

You are using the old version I think Chukkie, the new version of the mod completely gets rid of most of those small asteroids, keeps just a little of them.

Let me know if you are able to download the files!

Anoik
x3tc

Post by Anoik » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 17:24

The problem is that he is playing an old savegame. Your mod only works with new games. He need to start a new game to get rid of the smalls asteroids.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 17:33

I know that but it should work if he is using a save game pre 1.3 because the new asteroids have not been calculated into the game. So technically if he loads up a 1.201 save with this mod, it shouldnt add all the new asteroids.

It may be necessary for you to start a new game though chukkie.

Dr. Wernstrom
x3

Post by Dr. Wernstrom » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 18:14

Hello english Community,

Just found out about this mod u did. After reading the thread and was able to download two mods. One of them probably not working.

Anyhow tried both with old saves and a new game (all 1.3) and really cant tell which one is the right one... there was one that helped increasing fps but all roids where still there (until i got close) and one removed the roids with no increase in fps.... so I'm a little confused now.

Could u please (again) tell me which file to download and how to use it? The answers are probably all here in the thread and my english is just too bad. Anyway I'd be very happy if one person could clear things up for me in a single post. :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 19:58

Hello Dr. Wernstrom, of you download the Less Asteroids Mod and start a new game, there will be a lot less asteroids, which should increase the FPS in asteroid sectors because there is less to be processed when in those sectors. If your FPS didn't increase with less asteroids then maybe there is another problem, try turning AQC off because I heard that some people who did got better FPS. The other mods are for less enemies, so maybe you downloaded the one with less enemies and that helped increase your FPS. Try downloading the mod with less enemies and less asteroids and then starting a new game and tell me if your FPs is better.

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 08:28

thx Blackrain;

im going to give this a try tonight (glad i copied off my pre 1.3 saves)

i will pick the last pre 1.3 save in the saves folder.
activate the mod
load the game, jump one sector to fix the cockpit bug.
and save.
Then go back in and check a heavy roid field.
and post back :)

guess ill try out the gun fix and min hud while im at it ...

this should make life bearable now we just need the cockpits working again :)

the less roids worked fine on my 1.2.1 saves now 1.3,
am using it with the hud mod.
instead of less enemies i installed the smart ai mod that has factions call
for backup...

i would also like to try the mod that just has the mk3 taders go where a
special sat is named but i couldnt get the mod manager to run... :(

but your mods are workin great for me , thx blackrain :)

Dr. Wernstrom
x3

Post by Dr. Wernstrom » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 14:51

Allright, I did another test with the two mods and AQC OFF. Started new Games in Argon Prime and flew south to Ore Belt.

LessAsteroids-Mod:
This is the first that was out. It does not remove any small asteroids but gives a significantly increase in fps (from 5 to 25 in ore belt). Problem with this mod is: groups of smaller asteroids disappear when travelling near them.

LessRoids-Mod:
This is the one from 25th of December. It is working an removes all the smaller asteroids but strangely does not give any performance boost. FPS in ore belt was 5 before and is 5 afterwards.

Strange behavior of both mods. Maybe its just my f... up german copy of X3 - probably not. Anyway I gave up playing now. Gonna wait for 1.4...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 16:57

I don't get that, haha, it definately gives others better performance without the Asteroids. Well what I could do is trying giving you the mod with both the original change and the new change and maybe that will work for you? Send me a pm with your email address and I will email you.

chukkie
x3

Post by chukkie » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 20:25

Ok I did the following test with
Res: 1280x1024
Shader and texture quality on high
AQC: off
Ant aliasing: 4x
Anisotropic texture filtering: 4x
Glow: enabled
And EAX: on

Then new “LessEnemiesLessRoids” in a new game, and I went to the Ore belt.
I get with fraps: 11 FPS
http://www.xs4all.nl/~graa2683/X3/x3screen00010.jpg

After this I changed your mod to remove all asteroids and started a new game and I get 20 FPS.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~graa2683/X3/x3screen00014.jpg
AMD 4800+ X2
ASUS A8N32 SLI deluxe
2048 PC3200
ASUS NVIDIA GF 7900 GTX
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality FPS
2x 400Gb Seagate sata
Windows XP pro SP2

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 21:28

well I would imagine that removing all asteroids would give you a performance boost, but not everyone needs to or wants to remove all asteroids. Hopefully in the next patch this mod wont be needed.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 03:23

Just wondering, can I put your less enemy and less asteroids mod into the main X3 folder and rename them to 06.dat and 06.cat??

Reason for asking is cause I use the M6 mod, and I can only choose 1 mod on load :(
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”