[MOD]Less Asteroids Update 04/03/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kvalyr
x4

Post by Kvalyr » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 16:02

I tried it out and it seems to be working fine in that the asteroids disappear upon approach as you said. The only problem I find is that the slowdown still occurs *until* they disappear (as the GPU obviously still has to render them, which is the original cause of the slowdown) so I end up flying around whole sectors to try and clear them all out.
Is there any way you could set up a script to clear them out from every sector automatically?

It's a shame that they kinda went overboard with the asteroids, as I really like the visual appeal they give to sectors and the tactical element they bring in, but the fact that they just added too many for my system to handle is frustrating, and my system isn't top-notch, but it handles everything else X3 can throw at it at max. settings so it's a decent-enough yardstick to judge by.

Compromise would be the best option for me.
Is there any way you could simply reduce the amount of the small asteroids or set an upper limit per sector in the same way that you did with the enemy spawns?
If you could look into that I'd really appreciate it.

Anyway; great work, you've fixed the only 'flaw' in 1.3 for me. :D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 16:33

Hmm, you know it might be possible but I am not certain, I will have to look into the file, the file is actually a seperate file called Tasteroids, the problem is it has a lot of variables that I do not know and no one has mentioned yet, if someone, like Burianek, could tell me what controls what in the file it would be a simple fix, if that is even possible to limit how many are created at start of game.

I will make the files available again, problem is I am using a free hosting service and they dont keep the files up long, if someone wants to host the files for me that would be great.

--edit-- I clicked on the links and they all are still working Xenon, let me know if you are still having issues and I could email you the file.

Kvalyr
x4

Post by Kvalyr » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 16:35

I'll host the files for you if you want.
Email the files to zurechial@hotmail.com and I'll stick them up on my site as soon as I can.

Kvalyr
x4

Post by Kvalyr » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 17:43

Here are the files re-hosted:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~zurechial/b ... eroids.rar

http://homepage.eircom.net/~zurechial/b ... nemies.rar

http://homepage.eircom.net/~zurechial/b ... eroids.rar

I'm not exactly sure of the bandwidth limit, but I have a feeling it's somewhere around the 4gb/month mark, so these miniscule downloads should be just fine.

generalkorrd
x3

Post by generalkorrd » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 18:12

Good mod BlackRain. it works for me(less asteroids). I have a question though, When I leave a sector and have made the small roids go away, I come back and they are all ther again, Whats up with that? Also, would it be possible to remove all the roids from the game? I have an older gfx card, and my only problem is roids, once I get rid of them, I can actually turn up my settings. I don't care about mining, or building facs, so that would be perfect for me until I get a new card.

Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 19:16

Hmm, you seem to be right, the Roads disappear but come back, let me see if I can figure out how to make them go away permanently.

hst
x4

Post by hst » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 20:56

Yeah. I was checking this out in Seizewell around the shipyard. The roids go away but come back again if you move off and come back again.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 21:16

Yeah, I know, I am trying to figure out how to get rid of them permanently, I think someone else might have an answer soon.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 21:34

I think that if they come back you'd need a fresh game to get ride off em ..
(or a pre 1.3 save)

G

generalkorrd
x3

Post by generalkorrd » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 23:30

It's a pre 1.3 save that I started about 5 hours before the patch hit, on a new windows install, and a new mobo.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 05:39

Ok with the help of Red Spot, I have put togethor a new mod which really does get rid of the asteroids, give me a few minutes to upload files.

hst
x4

Post by hst » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 08:55

Cool. Giving it a test now..

NumNuts
x3tc

Re: [MOD]Less Enemies Also Now Less Asteroids(For Real this time)! 12/25/2005

Post by NumNuts » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 09:05

BlackRain wrote:This is NOW updated and will work correctly 12-25-2005

http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=le ... nemies.rar

Link for LessEnemies/LessAsteroids togethor:
http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Le ... sRoids.zip

Link for just LessAsteroids:
http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Le ... sRoids.zip
Hmm, I see the update text in red is dated 25th Dec. but the files are still dated 24th Dec. I tried DLing the Roid only zip and I didnt see any difference. Not even disappearing when flying close to them.... This was a 1.3 save though, and no readme in the .zip to indicate a required restart....
Just wanted to ask if I got the right file??? Or is it a GMT thing...
Thanks for your work guys, especially today of all days. :)

hst
x4

Post by hst » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 09:37

I don't think the roid fix thing is working.

Some pics in Power circle to demonstrate:
[ external image ]
No roids in this view

[ external image ]
Looking back there seems to be plenty of rocks still.

Big frame rate drop, ouch.

ravinhood
x3

Post by ravinhood » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 10:18

GREAT MOD Black Rain, got rid of those annoying asteroids. I don't know why they added so many of them, almost as rediculous as the so many extra Xenons, Pirates and Khaaks, but, I'm still going to see how this turns out with them without reducing anything. They deminished a lot after their slaughterfest around the areas of the galaxy I have explored then went back to just 5 or 6 in a pack again after a few hours of play.

I think most of us just over-reacted to the "rebalancing" of the game as the invasion force it to put players where they "should be" in the game instead of as "advanced" as they are and shouldn't be so far advanced. Especially having millions of credits and 100's of ships. It's really a pretty good balancing patch/mod for that, puts people back into the perspective of what a real live universe should be like and not just an easy traders game.

For those still seeing droids, be sure and put both files in the MODS folder for it to work correctly. I went to Ore Belt and there's nothing there like there was before and when I look behind me in the rear view there aren't any at all.

NumNuts
x3tc

Post by NumNuts » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 12:00

Ok, using the Roid Only Mod on a 1.3 saved game, put LessRoids.cat and LessRoids.dat in /X3 Reunion/mods/ folder, select LessRoids from start up menu MOD list and launch.
Something not right for me, I will try with the enemy reduction and see if thats any different.
Cheers.

*EDIT*
OK, both work when starting a new game but not on saved 1.3 games. I'm sorry if I have missed a post where it says this MOD only works with new games. As far as the asteroid reduction goes I still see some small clusters but 90%-95% less than a default game. Nice work guys, thank you both.
Last edited by NumNuts on Thu, 5. Oct 06, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 13:19

HELP MEEEEEE!!!!
every time I try to download your roids mod I just get sent to the upload page. What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Da_Junka on Sun, 25. Dec 05, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 13:28

Trust me ALOT of people go to the Scripts and Modding section, if you want to reach people who want a mod that does this, they will look in this section. Just like when you sell cars you direct the ad at people looking to buy a car ;P
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 16:31

Hmm, The MOD DEFINATELY works, I know it does. Hmm Da Junka, it should work fine, it always gives you an option to upload, but the download aspect should work, I checked it out myself. IT MAY NOT work with a pre save, I wasnt sure since I had no time to test, I put it togethor real late and I had to go to sleep.

If anyone can host the files for me, please do, I am using free upload sites and they may not save files long.

---Edit--- I checked links and they are all working correctly, at the top it will say Click here to download this file. If you still can't get it, I will email it to you. I will test with a presave and see if this works with a already saved game, you might just need to jump through a gate or something, if not, then it may be because at start of game, all asteroids are created and it may require a restart. I know that is tough but if the roids are really killing your system, then you might as well restart the game, you cant play anyway.

--Ravin I know people overreacted hehe, I am playing with the normal game, but some people do want less enemies because they just want to trade, so that is why I made this.

hst
x4

Post by hst » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 18:00

Blackrain, do you think loading a pre 1.3 patch save will eliminate the excessive asteroids?

Actually guess I can check this out for myself.

[Edit]

Yep, looks like pre 1.3 games have less roids.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”