[MOD]Less Asteroids Update 04/03/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jjoyce
x4

Post by jjoyce » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 22:10

BlackRain wrote:Yes, it is possible to turn off the spawn of enemies completely, but why would you want to?
Probably because it's a single player game and wants to play how they want. Why egosoft have never given a choice of enemy activity is beyond me. Some people like wandering around mining, trading, sightseeing etc and don't really like the fighting. Different stroke for different folks, why can't there be room for everyone ? People are using mods/scripts including yours to tailor the game how they want, tougher or easier surely thats there choice ?

I personally am relieved I haven't installed 1.3 yet but for those loving it and having fun all the best to you but I wish you wouldn't be so critical of those who think otherwise....

Just my two cents

John

Yellowjack
x4

Post by Yellowjack » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 22:29

Thanks, seems just the ticket for those that want to do more than kill things and who have ink on their birth certificate that is well and truly dry. :wink:
In the Spirit of ELITE

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 22:30

I am not being critical, but it just seems to me that if there are NO enemies at all, what is the fun in that? There is no risk, and it just seems easy. I am not criticizing him, if he wants I can easily put togethor a mod with no enemies, all you gotta do is ask.

What my problem is, is people constantly complaining. It is one thing to express your opinion in the proper way and proper place, it is another for the SAME people to create thread after thread about the same thing. Has anyone been using this? I am curious if it meets your needs, or do you think I should lower enemies or anything else, just ask and I can do it quickly.

jjoyce
x4

Post by jjoyce » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 23:29

Sorry I didn't mean to mean you were criticizing him directly and I should have made it clear I am also sick of the endless moaning posts from whatever angle but for example when you get someone I really respect like Giskard muttering about the new asteroids then I listen.

What I would personally like is the same enemies as pre 1.3 ( yes I am a wuss ) and none of the extra asteroids :wink:

By the way many thanks to you and others for the scripts/mods and your efforts are much appreciated

hst
x4

Post by hst » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 23:37

jjoyce wrote: What I would personally like is the same enemies as pre 1.3
This would suit me too.
jjoyce wrote: By the way many thanks to you and others for the scripts/mods and your efforts are much appreciated
Ditto to that.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 23:40

jjoyce, try the mod, I think it might be good for you, if not I can lower enemies even more.

Whitepaw
x3

Post by Whitepaw » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 00:21

Just did some not very scientific testing, just because. I started a new 1.3 game with the cheats script on and added sats to all the sectors, and checked the xenon and pirate sectors out to see how many were in em, before they blew up the sats. This either caused the xenon to want to invade, or they naturaly go on a rampage at the start of games. ;P Had mebbe 20ish Ns, 10ish Ms, a few Ls in Black Hole Sun and Scale Plate Green, with a couple Ps for good measure.

Installed the mod and repeated, about half as many cap ships in the Xenon sectors, noticably less pirate activity. The Xenon still invaded with about the same numbers, but I think it was because I droped a sat in their home. :wink: Unless the Xenon are constantly invading and attacking stations, even at the start of the game? I was under the impression that the Xenon and Khaak invaded to try and bring stations and ships back into balance. Oh well.

Good idea with the mod, will be handy for those that don't want to fight as much I think..

666Villain666
x3

Post by 666Villain666 » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 00:29

Consider this....Blackrain, or anyone else with simular talents with any other name he/she likes, working on the now badly needed 1.4 patch.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 01:11

Well there are MUCH less Xenon ships, it is just that there were so many to begin with so it still seems like a lot, but it really isn't as much. They do attack the other sectors right off the bat, at least from what I have seen by putting in SATs. They don't really make it too far though. If you have LV's JTP Race response script, they will get handled pretty quickly. Or at least be decreased.

I am sorry Villain, I don't get what you are trying to say, are you saying I should work on patch 1.4? Haha, I am not that talented, I just know some simple stuff.

Twelvefield
x3

Post by Twelvefield » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 01:33

My favorite FREE download unzipper is the ever-handy IZARC.

http://www.izarc.org/

The beta is free and fully functional. The beta is free and fully functional. It's so good I had to say that twice!

As well, many kudos to the JTP race response script. It's very easy to install, and makes spacefights seem more realistic in terms of the order of battle. Ship in distress will call on re-inforcements which will rush in to help if they are in the sector, or will jump in from other sectors. It doesn't always make spacefighting easier, but the logic behind what happens in a spaceficght is a lot clearer. Look for it in the Scripts & Mods forum!

JDavies
x4

Post by JDavies » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 02:46

Great job Blackrain. I really like the 1.3 patch, but I was fighting a losing battle against the xenon hordes. Your mod is a nice balance between 1.2 and 1.3.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 02:51

Is is possible to nuke the larger Kha'ak and Xenon to avoid the starting argon systems, at least for the first week or so? I believe most players starting out would feel more secure in knowing the home sectors are safe enough to establish themselves in before having to face a Kha'ak m2.

I believe if you could add this to your current mod that would give players using it added security.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

lealoc
x3ap

Post by lealoc » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 03:11

The file is no longer available unfortunately. Any chance of another copy please BlackRain?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 03:14

I will make the file available again, give me a minute, also I lowered the amount of capital ships Xenon and khaak have by A LOT, which should basically do what you said DGN. I doubt you will be seeing any in core sectors, but I can't be 100%, let me look into the jobs file and see what else i can see.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 03:27

Thank you very much, maybe this will keep the lousy buggers out of the core sectors. :)
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 03:39

Okay gonna upload a new version, I cant see a way to keep them out of the core sectors by changing something in the file but what I did was, I lowered amount of enemy ships as well as capital ships (Capital ships significantly) and I lowered the aggression/morale/fighting skill of enemy ships so they should be easier to destroy and less aggressive. So I call this "Easy Mode" heh

---New version uploaded, just click on the link.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 04:37

Okay, I got the less asteroids aspect to work, but listen up because I have to explain it. This will work with an existing save (The less asteroids) and will eliminate all of those smaller asteroids. When you start the game up and go to see if the smaller asteroids are in fact gone, you will notice that they look like they are still there, but this is just an illusion! Once you approach them, they will disappear like magic! Trust me heh. Also, I wanted to see if it would in fact increase performance so I loaded up a save I had in Brennans triumph. I was fighting a battle with some pirates and for the first time my game was slowing down to a slideshow for maybe 20 seconds then it would be perfectly fine for 30 seconds, then slow down again, so I saved it in the middle of the fight. Loaded up the Asteroids mod and loaded up that save, finished the fight with no slow down. I have not done heavy testing so please let me know, also remember, the small asteroids will look like they are there, but in fact will disappear when you get close to them. Now, I do not know if it is necessary to make them all disappear by getting close to them or if it doesn't matter since they are technically not really there.

Peccavi
x3

Post by Peccavi » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:44

I just gotta say that the X series has by far the best fan base that I have ever come across. The support you all give to your fellow players is just incredible.

So, for BlackRain and all those like him who go out of their way to lend a hand... Thanks.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 15:09

I am glad to help, just let me know how this is working and if anything needs to be fixed.

XenonBuster
x3

Post by XenonBuster » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 15:58

can't get to the site at all

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”