[Script] Satilite Limited MK3 Universal Trader, ready for download.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zzyn
x3

Post by Zzyn » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 23:57

Hello again. When you say properly named sats? Is that the default name? As I have only ever changed the name of my ships.

So i install the scrips. Go to the command console and then activate trade beacon and go through all my sats one by one. I have put one in most sectors i have installed.

Then i activate the trader after clearing out its frieght bay and job's a good'en- yah?
You've got it! But only activate the beacons in the sectors that you want the traders to go trade in. If you know a sector is particularly pirate-ridden, I wouldn't turn one on there, even if you have one there. :-)

To state it clearly: "Turned on" means the Sat is named "Trade Beacon" and "Turned Off" means its named "Your Navigation Satellite" (those are for normal sats, the advanced breed of sats would be "Adv Trade Beacon" and "Your Advanced Satellite" as appropraite.

If satillites are present that have other names for some reason(e.g. the player has renamed them) then the activate and deactivate functions will not work on those. You do, however, get a message in your logbook explaining the problem and letting you know that you should rename them manually. :-)

I'll clean it all up a bit and get version 1.1 out to you all soon. If you have other requests for ver 1.1, get them out here.

Thanks for the support folks. This is my first x-script, and I'm really glad its working for you.

Thanks,
Zzyn

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 01:03

Found another good use for this ..

I had a sector (3 worlds)with quite a few stations, most set to no trade for other races as the goods are for my stations (and I dont want to mess with complexs yet) ... trouble was my UTs kept coming in and buying all my goods ;p So simply turning off the sat in that sector keeps it UT free and I can set the prices low so my regular transports use my stations but my UTs leave em alone :)

Myros

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 09:46

Zzyn wrote:

I'll clean it all up a bit and get version 1.1 out to you all soon. If you have other requests for ver 1.1, get them out here.

Thanks for the support folks. This is my first x-script, and I'm really glad its working for you.

Thanks,
Zzyn
Mate, i had one just above this one you replied to. About the activate all nav sat command etc...

ta

Zzyn
x3

Post by Zzyn » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 19:39

Yes, 'Activate All Beacons' and 'Deactivate All Beaons' are planned for version 1.1

And to the person who responded earlier about a local variable on each; I did some reading and it sounds like you are on the money. I will still focibly rename them, but I will rename them based on the value of the local variable in the satellite, rather than basing it solely on the name. :-) Cheers to you!

:-)

Thanks,
Zzyn

myweb
x3tc

Post by myweb » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 09:33

Like your script.

Can finally get to playing the game and making money instead of nursing UT's who want to go to sectors like bad debt to get killed. Now have a complete embargo on all teladi sectors. After losing 4 UT's to trading with teladi, I haven't lost a single UT yet and no longer get an out of fuel message.

Came close to losing one when a UT decided to try to go through a trading station instead of going around. :headbang:

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 12:25

Zzyn

How is 1.1 coming? I think i will wait for that chestnut before activating the Sat restricted traders; i have far too many sats to turn each one on for the traders.

Also, I think the the 'null value' / 'energy cells to large to be transported' nonsense still applies to the standard UTs as i am still receiveing the help me messages. If this is the case mayby you could fix it for the standard UTs if that is possible.

Final dumb question, do you need to turn on the sats for each UT you own? No dont answer, i can find out for myself when you release 1.1

keep up the good work and ta

drewlad
x3

Well done

Post by drewlad » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 19:59

An excellent script, My UT's will never been so happy.

It will actually make those Super frieghters worth while.

Those damn things cost a bundle and keeping them safe was a nightmare.

<Raptuous Applause>

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 06:06

Hey Zzyn,
Not sure if your still doing updates but noticed your script uses the same code and has the same bug as the default UT autotrader. Listed it here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=115248

Myros

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:42

Zzyn,

Congratulations on a nice script. I'm enjoying it thus far myself. I do have a couple questions for anyone here though...

1. I've run the script that enables the naming of sats and the Limited Universal Trading, do I need to run another one to get the new fuel delivery to work? I just got my first "No Fuel in Range" message just an hour after starting my limited UT's on their way.

2. If you do need to run another script (one of the fuel-related ones), do you have to designate a ship (one that you own) to be your delivery-boy or does it hire an NPC ship automatically?

Anyone that could answer these for sure is welcome to pipe in.

Thanks again for the nice script.

Velox
x3

Post by Velox » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 12:49

Hi there

I seem to be having an issue where my UT's still go into non designated areas. I've only noticed it happen a couple of times and i'm not sure if its something i'm doing.

At first I presumed i'd forgotten to enable the sat trader and used standard UT command instead, but i'm presuming that if he has the "plugin.autotrade.galaxysat.zz" script running he must be in sat limited mode? (I've done some experimenting and the galaxysat script certainly seems to load only when in sat limited mode)

I noticed it happen a few minutes ago and took some screenshots. The first is of him in the sector I least want him in - I'm still new to the game and haven't discovered much of it yet, but this is the first sector i've found with almost constant pirate / Khak traffic in.

[ external image ]

You can obviously see theres no satellite in the sector (trade named or otherwise - there was an unamed one but some little scrote blew it up!).

The second is of his current script set that was running at the time I saw him in Rolk's Fate and took the above screenshot:

[ external image ]

Any thoughts? Is it possible that I did in fact actually have him in normal UT mode somehow?

Many thanks!

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 16:03

It could also be that he was attacked in the sector he was in and jumped out for safety .... though picked a bad one to jump to if so :)

Also it could be that there is no check for Zzyn's version to see if regular UT is already running which might create a conflict. Id totaly cancel everything (ie by giving them a plain dock order) then restart the sat based one and see what happens.

M

Velox
x3

Post by Velox » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 20:09

He's not done it again since I restarted him so might be a one off. I'll keep an eye out!

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 20:44

Okay i dont want to step on anyones toes here, but the problem pointed out by Myros i have taken the liberty of making a temp fix.

I have the file that had the bug up for DL if anyone is interested. Since it seems Zzyn cannot be contacted at the moment i am just saying i fixed the small bug pointed out, nothing more nothing less, this is still all his work. Im just a guy who thought i would like to use it without the small bug.

Anyhow, hope people dont kill me over this.

Download

- Relief
Last edited by Relief on Sat, 31. Dec 05, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.

Arbalest
x3

Post by Arbalest » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 23:19

Relief, thanks for that. Do you (or anyone) know if it's necessary to re-start the UT's after this file is updated?

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 03:38

I am not sure, i dont think you should have to, it loads the script every time you run a save, so it should just check the new file and eveything should be fine, or at least i think it should, no problems on my end.

- Relief

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 09:57

thanks ZZYN, this is one of my favorite and useful scripts it's brilliant... :)

i have a few questions though (anyone feel free to answer)

1. When you set a sat from a ships trade menu to be a becon, is it just a
beacon for that ship only (this is how it seems to be working which is good
for me) i have 2 uni traders atm and set one to trade becons in Boron space
and the other to trade in Split space, they dont seem to be using each others
Becons which is the way i want it for now. If this is indeed how it works i can
just rename my uni traders to "Boron Uni Trader" Split Uni Trader" ect...

Is there any way of changing the Becon names based on the Ship they were
activated from's name, so they would become "ship name" "becon" this would make identifying becons to ships a lot easier to remember :)

2. You should make sure this Script is Added to the offical listing as it
deffinately needs more exposure....

Anyways great first mod, i think it has eliminated my freezes also, which
is just another added bonus.... Great Work....

Devnull.Cat
x3tc

Post by Devnull.Cat » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 22:23

BaronDeKalb wrote:
thanks ZZYN, this is one of my favorite and useful scripts it's brilliant... :)
I'll second that! I've been using it for a little while now and making millions. I wish Egosoft had made a distinction between scripts that automated ship behaviour (such as this one) and scripts that altered the behaviour of other entities in the game. It seems silly to have to go through the "Thereshallbewings" step, save, quit and restart just to install a script like this!
BaronDeKalb wrote:
i have a few questions though (anyone feel free to answer)

1. When you set a sat from a ships trade menu to be a becon, is it just a
beacon for that ship only
No - I set the beacons from the ship I pilot, and other ships take note - they just go on the name. However, if you have 2 sets of beacons far apart, your ships won't jump between them unless there's a compelling reason to do so. It costs time and money to get the energy cells to jump, and so the preference is for local.
BaronDeKalb wrote:
Is there any way of changing the Becon names based on the Ship they were activated from's name, so they would become "ship name" "becon" this would make identifying becons to ships a lot easier to remember :)
In plugin.autotrade.SctrSatNmChk.zz.xml you'll find:

Code: Select all

021    if $SatName == 'Trade Beacon'
022     inc $SatInSector = 
023    end
024    if $AdvSatName == 'Adv Trade Beacon'
025     inc $SatInSector = 
026    end
Presumably you could just change this to add in the ship's name. You'd have to modify the other scripts accordingly, or rename the beacons yourself. Not sure this is the best thing to do, though, if you want to make lots of money.

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 08:22

Devnull.cat " It seems silly to have to go through the "Thereshallbewings" step, save, quit and restart just to install a script like this!

i didnt have to type that in to get this script to work, ermm is that bad :?

Thx for the answers, to me ponders...
perhaps the space is preventing my 2 uni traders from jumping to each others area, that's fine with me.

perhaps a future release could tie Becons to specific ships though, for even
greater control and to prevent 2 uni's from going after the same thing...
or losing a good sell location when another of your uni's gets there first.

that is how i would use the becon naming if they could be associated to
specific uni's...

Arbalest
x3

Post by Arbalest » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 00:01

BaronDeKalb wrote: perhaps a future release could tie Becons to specific ships though, for even
greater control and to prevent 2 uni's from going after the same thing...
or losing a good sell location when another of your uni's gets there first.
I think I read somewhere that when your traders reach level 25, they start cooperating with other lvl 25 traders so they don't compete directly on trade runs. That's more of a "feature" than a problem, since it helps gives the ranking system a purpose, and makes the lvl 25's more valuable.

krynos
x3

Post by krynos » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 01:22

This is a great script, I love it for my UT's :)

Is there anything similar to keep my station traders from wandering aimlessly into pirate sectors? They all seem to have a death wish :(

- Krynos

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”