[Script] Update 17.12.06 V1.26 Station trader, automated supply/trade for stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ajy170
x3tc

Post by Ajy170 » Tue, 27. Jun 06, 12:36

Naffarin wrote:Support for this script is discontinued due to problems with the starforce copy protection along with some severe dataloss due to a sudden reboot. I will return to the x community as soon as the publisher decides to use a customer friendly copy protection.

I recommend using the commercial agent software available in this forum or in the level 3 devent section which is in my opinion the very best available trade software currently.

@Mods: Thread may be closed
sorry to hear it, but i fully understand your reasons. Starforce is evil, ubisoft has dropped it, EA now have no intentions of even considering using it now. The only publishers still going for it are all you European guys, one day i am sure you will wake up to the fact that the no one else is using starforce due to massive fan backlash, as well as the problems it is casuing with your every day consumers hardware and software, and i can only hope that a simila move is taken with X3 like was done with X2, drop copy protection all together!

I don't care if the script is discontinued, its a damn good one and i intend to keep using it! Well done, and have a good one mate :wink:

jbrookins
x3

Post by jbrookins » Sun, 29. Oct 06, 23:57

i installed this script and ive been running it for a few days now and i have lost 3 ships all in xenon 347 they have jump drives why are they even in there?

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 14:50

Don't know why that would be jbrookins, I've never had much problem with this script at all.

Are your factories close to Xenon 347 and causing the ships to fly through to get e-cells when they have none for their jumpdrive?

I have noticed they can go wandering a bit when they need fighter drones.

Apart from that I can't think what the problem might be, I must say I've hardly ever lost any ships that use this script.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 18:42

I'm having a similar problem jbrookins. The only problem with this script that I'm having so far is that the energy reserve for most of the transports is too small.

If your factories are set to jump at a high number, sometimes your ships will jump far enough that over half of their energy reserve is used up. So if they can't find the energy to get back, they just start to head on home the old fasioned way (through Pirate, Kha'ak, and Xenon sectors, of ourse).

I'm looking at the code for the .takefuel script, and seeing if I can modify it at all so that it takes all its energy from homebase. But there's some strange poly variable usage going on that's making it hard for me to understand! But I guess that's understandable considering the tool we have to work with (MCSI).

SirMathew
x3

Post by SirMathew » Sat, 16. Dec 06, 12:16

Naffarin,now that they have included a no cd thing in the latest patch can you not return back ?????????

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Your station trader was the best that i have used so far and IT DESERVED TO BE INCLUDED IN THE BONUS PACK...
X2 STATS:AoA 1th Grade
Proud NOVA,CENTAUR,ZEUS,K,Oddy PILOT

X3 STATS ??
Nova Vanguard,Elephant,centaur,colosseus Owner
Current trading rank : Master Industrialist
Current Combat rank: Warlord
The only hope in my universe

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 17:57

Update 1.26
Player HQ Compatibility fix
Limits for needed resources defined in t/xx8102.xml, change to your needs if you want

BlueSabor
x4

Post by BlueSabor » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 23:36

Naffarin

Thankyou :thumb_up:

Tempelaars24
x3ap

<--- Noob

Post by Tempelaars24 » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 05:53

Hi there :)

Im sorry if thi sounds noobish :oops:

but im not sure i understand how its working,

here's what im doing atm

1 HQ unknown sector
3 Argon super traders (L)

im running terracorp mod on this station which is buyng stuff for upgrading pilots etc doing its own thing (it has its own TL ...i hope)

i am setting the 3 traders to "import" - i have several ships sitting in the repair que ( i have just finnished the mission for the HQ )

here's what has happend so far.. the ships seemed to just idle check market then idle again. so i manually baught energy cells.. then they all started buyng.. so i manually bought some other stuff to get the first ship fixed.. now they seem to be buyng some of the stuff i bought...

but at such quantities that make me wonder what the calculation is i have lots of energy i dont need atm and getting more resources more htan i need.

will they eventually on their own start buyng the things needed to repair the next ship? is there a set amount or some odd calculation im missing as to how much of what they buy?

i dont really have a fleet yet im still learning the game and its ins and outs.

forgive me if i sound noobish im just tryng to figure out if its working or stuck in a loop or i need to imput some data (ie go manually buy stuff) for it to go find what it needs on its own

endo
x3

Post by endo » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 01:36

Hey I have read the readme and some of the posts here but I cant seem to find actuall instructions (?). I only have two new commands and they are trade commands: import and export from station. Is that right or should there be more commands somewhere? I assume I make the home base of the ship the station in question and then run one of the two comands? I am not having any luck with export command as my ships only dock at their home base and remain idle even though I have a full energy cell supply at my complex loop. (I am using Ashleys station mod... ) If I switch back to sell ware for best price command they work fine but I was looking to use this script for its ability to use the jump drive....

EDIT:

OOPS! There is a third command: mailntain station.

Also, I did get this script to work but only seems to work on finall products and not energy cells from a complex loop... even though it says that intermediates are supposed to work....

hipperion
x4

Post by hipperion » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 18:09

Great script although it doesnt work on my HQ ...
I set my ships to import ... and what they do is stand IDLE ... i dont think that 16 microchips is over 80% of HQ cargo space ...

edit: How stupid of me ... i forgot to transfer credits to my station ...
anyway it could be good to implement a message system to your script saying that your HQ had run out of credits ...

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 09:37

Is Naffarin still around and maintaining this script?

*nevermind*

Siath

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 07:22

If this ever gets updated... the trader needs to fill up his cargo hold completely and visit as many places to sell to as he can before returning home. As it is now, he makes one trip per sale, then heads back to get more (ex: I have a cargo hold of 14,000, but he only takes 660, sells it, and comes back for more).

-G

Zafaron
x3tc

Props

Post by Zafaron » Mon, 22. Oct 07, 08:43

Just wanted to give you props Naffarin. This is my favorite script for X3 by far. If I had to pick only one script that I was allowed to use this would be it. Great job :)

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Tue, 5. Aug 08, 03:00

I have a feature request.

I've said it on other forums: this trading software is in nearly all ways perfect, having all the features, all the safeguards, reliability and ease of use. certainly it was the only one I ever bothered using until I got a big hyper complex and PHQ (so for the special case I put some CLS ships in for deliveries)

I now have a minor problem which leads me to request an additional feature.

the background is this: in the XTM mod there are available warehouses, which add very nice amounts of storage space by serving as blank (nonproductive) fabs which you link into a complex. I've made several external warehouses in complexes to serve as pure warehouses, and to serve as a docking buffer for this big complex. Now that is all nice in theory but there is a weakness:

these warehouses consider their stored items as "resources", quite stubbornly refusing to take them as products. Therefore, when I ask my traders to export from station they just sit there sheepishly.

I ask if you can provide some sort of support for this, it would help with a few other special cases too im sure. My approach for it would be to simply add an additional command where you can tell it to add to a personal products list and when the software looks for wares to sell it checks this additional list too and simply treats them like products (when on export mode).

I suspect storing an additional array of wares wouldnt be too difficult? nor would a few lines to cause this to be checked too.

I would do it myself but have never really learnt the x3 scripting language, and only know roughly what is easy/possible/impossible in it. I'm hoping these feature could class as easy :)

If you can't do it, perhaps you know someone who can who knows your script well enough?
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 18:31

I could use a little advice. I've attempted (unsucessfully so i've gone to a backup) to modify this script to be able to sell resources.

The method I did was to simply add an additional command "export from warehouse", initialise it in the setup (that worked). Changed the supply to have a modus 3 and added it to the section for selling (if mode 0 or mode 2). now if it's mode 3 it does that section except for calling a check all wares script rather than checkmultiproducts. The checkall wares only differs in that when it sifts through the list of wares at the station it adds them all to the product list, not just the ones who are products.

and that is it, to my understanding that is all that is really needed to add the functionality without losing the old. What I cant figure out is why, when I use the command, it just goes to none rather than exporting.

Any tips and advice would be welcome from anyone who knows more about this than me (pretty big list)

edit, after looking around a little more and testing a little I suspect it's to do with the buying section. It seems the sell ware commands simply arent compatible with something that isnt a product. Not sure how to fix that
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”