[FIX] - TS out of energy, cannot deliver to NULL (Updated 20.12.2005)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 07:40

Just had one of my UT ships report e-cell problem. First time since using Lebowske's script, or about 6 hours of play time. I did reinit the scripts from within the script editor. I thought my problem was fixed, but seems not the case. Anyone else still have problems after using this fine script? Thanks.

DC

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 19:58

TinkerBell wrote:
UPDATE: There's still problems. Change plugin.autotrade.delivery to

Code: Select all

008 $maxamount = 2700
That seems to work.

BUT....

I save the script than save the game. But then if I reload the saved game the script resets back to number 500!

What am I doing wrong? I am obviously pretty noob to the old scripting malarchy :oops:

Ta

TinkerBell
x3tc

Post by TinkerBell » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 21:14

andysonofbob wrote:I save the script than save the game. But then if I reload the saved game the script resets back to number 500!

What am I doing wrong? I am obviously pretty noob to the old scripting malarchy :oops:
Hey, I'm no expert either.

The first thing I'd try is to reinit the script cache. If that doesn't work, have a look in your scripts folder and see if you've got both plugin.autotrade.delivery.xml and plugin.autotrade.delivery.pck? If you have, I'd try deleting the .pck file (having backed it up first, of course).

Good luck!

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 00:02

Dungeoncrawler wrote:Just had one of my UT ships report e-cell problem. First time since using Lebowske's script, or about 6 hours of play time. I did reinit the scripts from within the script editor. I thought my problem was fixed, but seems not the case. Anyone else still have problems after using this fine script? Thanks.

DC
Well, I think I have discovered my problem. I'm currently helping with the MK3 script that is currently being tested for signing. I'm sure this had overwritten Lebowsky's script fix. Sorry for ever doubting you Leb :) .

DC

zeddius
x3tc

Post by zeddius » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 20:08

andysonofbob wrote:
TinkerBell wrote:
UPDATE: There's still problems. Change plugin.autotrade.delivery to

Code: Select all

008 $maxamount = 2700
That seems to work.

Just to clarify this. Chaning the maxamount to 2700 is that something I have to do or is it in the script? Or is the plugin a file located originaly in my game which I can modify?

Evans3rd
x3

Post by Evans3rd » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 20:08

I’m in the same boat (Ecel problems). I loaded the script yesterday and played for several hours last night. It took a while to assign the satellites in each sector then tell the Mercury’s to UT in satellite trading areas only. I got a couple messages while doing this and manually emptied them then reassigned them to UT in Satellite system. It went well for a while, though I found #5 sitting around doing nothing for a long time on SETA but I got him going and all is good. Then I start receiving messages about them not being able to find fuel. I got four of them and I was able to tell one to start trading again and he did but the other three just kept sending the message and had to be manually emptied and started again. The disturbing thing is that all of them had at least 200 units of Ecels when they sent the message.
I really love the limited trading rout but I can’t keep micro managing my trade ships like this.
If I have read this thread correctly I need to go into the script editor, select the file and edit line 8, save restart, reinit and play. I’ll try this but I’ve never used the editor before.
Two things worry me at this point.
1) I did not save the old file. Oooops!
2) The last entry date on this thread was last February (it’s now July).
Thanks,

Evans3rd

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 20:46

Please do not resurect threads its against forum rules, thanks.

[edit=moggy2]
I'm 99% sure this problem was resolved in one of the later patches. There should be no need to use this script.
-moggy2
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”