[MOD] Salvage Mod V2.2 (March 29)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Higher is Better

61%
24%
5%
1%
9%

Total votes: 121

Dragaineon
x4

Post by Dragaineon » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 07:14

Found some derelicts. Found two of them in the same spot once. Been having the trouble of keeping from crashing and destroying them when I go to move in close enough to use the repair drones. Too much speed i suppose lol
But overall, so far it hasn't really been worth the trouble. But maybe I'll be lucky and find one of the big transports soon!:)

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 07:59

Same spot, how close together?

Is this 'not worth it' with using the rumor information or not?

You only need to get within 1km.

Dragaineon
x4

Post by Dragaineon » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 12:54

well they were in the same sector, one at one end, the other at another kinda. With in 50km of each other though. Not sure the exact details, cause I was busy fighting pirates.
By cost, I mean.. Well after paying for the info, and crashing into them; that was a waste of money. Thats due to my overtunning:D.. But I learned how to get close enough with out that being a problem now.
The cost for the info for where it is, when it does work; plus cost of the drones, energy cells for the jump there, and the occasional cost of damage due to enemey engagements. To only find a M5 in return. Just isn't worth it.
But:twisted: ... the Salvagers make up for it at times hehe. Anyway to increase there spawn rate if I wanted too?

Now, I've paid big bucks for info and got the message "null" in return, and just "X+, Y+, Z-".
As well as 'Xenon Sector" X:39634 Y:7200 Z:37455. Is a Rajin really worth traveling all that way out there? Any quick way to it?
Also.. I'm sick of the civi Ships, are they really needed? Anyway for me to globally destory them, cut down there numbers, or simply reduce them? They just seem to spawn more and more with each hour I play.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:09

Maybe civilian ships were fixed in 1.3, if not, yes there is a script out there to destroy them all.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:18

Hi aalaardb,

Is this 1.3 compatible? I notice that the 05 catalog now has a TWareT file.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:44

I eyeballed the new twaret. It *looks* compatible. Compatible or not, I am rebuilding it and there will be a 1.1.1 version later today, probably much later today.

Edit: The new twaret is exactly the same as the old twaret. Question; are you sure there wasn't a twaret in the previous 05?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 03:28

V1.1.1 is available.

I left out some files from the first zip that I uploaded. There was one person who downloaded that one, so if you downloaded before this post time then try again. The error was minor and probably wouldn't affect you in reality, but still.

QazX
x3

Post by QazX » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 19:54

this mod seemed good untill i started paying 30k for "Null"

It was working fine the other day, now all it gives me is nulls.
:?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 20:49

So many things were broken in 1.3... I will look into it.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 00:12

Bump for v1.2

freelancer6662
x3

Post by freelancer6662 » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 17:49

i dont often post but for your scripts i will. just wanna say thnx for the great stuff, i LOVE the salvage scripts u do...it made me play X2 all over again..and again..and again... when all is done, tired of capping? all relations maxed? waiting for that 100 m to acumulate? raking maxed?...salvageing will keep you going for months past all thesethings to do. its so additing trying to find the rare mother load<cap ship>. just wated to let you know your sh*& doesgreat things for a spent game. DL for X3 now..not sure if ill like the compition for salvaing but we'll see. cudos to you :)

kapitul8r
x3

Post by kapitul8r » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 18:48

im a bit confused (as usual). When you find and salvage a ship, do you gain control of it, as you would if you capped it or found it empty?, or do the drones dismantle it for scrap --> credits? Sounds like a great mod, just curious before i install.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 19:16

I dont have the chatter com network installed, and still not 100% sure to install this due to reasons on what scripts I use and dont....

Does this in turn make it impossible to use this script if i do not have this ?...clues are not displayed on the BBS are they ?
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 23:35

Bump for V1.3, it's a major bug patch.

To answer you questions, yes it is just like capturing a ship. Stations is *not* like capturing a station, that gives you ore (scrap metal).

The description in the first page was now changed to CCM *suggested*. It hasn't been required since 1.1. Clues are not displayed on the BBS, that is the whole point of the CCM.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 23:53

freelancer6662 wrote:i dont often post but for your scripts i will. just wanna say thnx for the great stuff, i LOVE the salvage scripts u do...it made me play X2 all over again..and again..and again... when all is done, tired of capping? all relations maxed? waiting for that 100 m to acumulate? raking maxed?...salvageing will keep you going for months past all thesethings to do. its so additing trying to find the rare mother load<cap ship>. just wated to let you know your sh*& doesgreat things for a spent game. DL for X3 now..not sure if ill like the compition for salvaing but we'll see. cudos to you :)
If you don't like the competition, kill them.

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 22:22

is it true that we can run only one mod at the time?
do you need to install the comm chatter to run the mod?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 00:05

You can only run one mod at a time, unless you take measures into your own hands. You can merge all mods into one, or run one mod and put all others as false patches.

My mod is very unlikely to conflict with other mods. Therefore, you can place is as a false patch and everything will work.

You do not need the CCM to run this, however, if you don't have it you will not be able to hear the hints or purchase the locations to where derelicts are.

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 18:04

ok installed with ccm, nothing changed in the game for what I can see, dont see ant 'chat' or 'messages', what should I expect to reinsure myself that everthing is honky-docky?

kapitul8r
x3

Post by kapitul8r » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 20:57

still having issues with ccm so attempting the salvage mod on its own with a fresh 1.3 patched install. Using the patched salvage mod too. In the artificial life plugins on/off window, the mod is displayed, but although you can toggle between yes and no, whenever you select yes and hit enter, it flicks back to no again. Basically it wont turn on, any suggestions?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 22:51

argharg wrote:ok installed with ccm, nothing changed in the game for what I can see, dont see ant 'chat' or 'messages', what should I expect to reinsure myself that everthing is honky-docky?
Check that you have Navigational command software installed. Check that CCMissions is turned on in the AL settings page. Go to ship commands and look for monitor comm chatter in custom commands. Use it and wait a few seconds, if you get a message everything is fine.
still having issues with ccm so attempting the salvage mod on its own with a fresh 1.3 patched install. Using the patched salvage mod too. In the artificial life plugins on/off window, the mod is displayed, but although you can toggle between yes and no, whenever you select yes and hit enter, it flicks back to no again. Basically it wont turn on, any suggestions?
The Salvage Mod will not turn on if it is installed improperly. The mod cannot find the salvagemod.dat file. Either rename it and the .cat to 06 and place in your main X3 directory, or leave it installed in the mods folder with the same name and select it before you enter the game.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”