AL Plugin : Deathmatch Arena Redux 1.3 30/6/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
3%
4/5
12%
5/5
42%
I sometimes wear womens clothing
39%

Total votes: 207

Bionic-Badger

Post by Bionic-Badger » Sat, 14. Nov 09, 06:14

zdan30 wrote:I slapped a OWP just off the main route between the east and west gate and theres always 5+ ships passing through the sector but the CR on the drone is always 0.

The SDL is 1 and its been like this for 3 game hours now, any idea what im doing wrong?
This reply is about 11 months late, but looking at the scripts, it searches for "Movable Ship" types when computing the defense level, and the OWPs are probably considered immobile ship types so they don't get counted.

Bionic-Badger

Post by Bionic-Badger » Sun, 15. Nov 09, 01:37

There's a bug in plugin.dma.collec.taxes.xml

Line 107:

Code: Select all

skip if not $ship -> is of class M4
This should be M3. As-is, M3 ships are not counted in the military ship taxation multiplier.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 17:03

if it remains in tc i'll fix it, there is little to no chance of me doing it for X3RU as i've forgotten where most of the files and such are

it's also an easy fix for users thanks to you pointing it out :)

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 10:23

Weird problem.

I just finished my 6'th Xtreme victory in a somewhat modified DMA redux.
I used the previous victories to get 4 HQs (I made a small modification to code, lifting the maximum number of HQ's to 10) and one Odin.

... However, once I got to the prize part, I no longer had access to the Xtreme menu.
By looking at the code, I can see that there's a penalty for using big ships (OK, not that I really understand how one can finish DMA using an M4... unless you simply simply fly around waiting for you M2 fleet to clean the sector...), and I also see that there's a weird penalty (and a nice "Cheats Never Win" message) for changing ships. (GAH?!?!?), but for the life of me I couldn't see why the extreme menu didn't display, even though my rank is XTREME ~3500...

Any pointers? Where should I look?

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

Bionic-Badger

Post by Bionic-Badger » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 21:40

At a minimum, you need to reach the M1 level to get Xtreme prizes. Also, what did you use to fight your battles? If you use an M1-class ship, then you only need to make it to the M1 level of the arena to get the extreme. If you're in an M2, you need to finish the M2 level. I believe the Hyperion is considered M2 class, however.

I usually start off in an M1-symboled ship (usually an M7, or even that Odin) and play until the M1 level. If I'm on a supership that sucks for anti-fighter (my flaks never seem to hit), I'll fly around the mothership in an M3+ and kill the smaller ships. There's no penalty for that. The cheater penalty is if you start off in smaller ship, and then jump in a larger one later. Though really, it shouldn't be a cheat, the arena should just periodically set the multiplier value to whatever the largest ship that happened to appear during the battle. Not a big issue though, and those dogfights are really a lot of fun.

I have way too many headquarters because I think it only counts deployed headquarters (which I have not done). There must be 5 or so mammoths with packed up HQs sitting around my bases. Those damn scout drone and marine factories must be mine!

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 11:11

Bionic-Badger,

Sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed your comment.
I finished the complete battle sequence a couple of times, from M5 to multiple M2's in extreme mode.
Everything seemed to be OK, till I deployed the 5'th HQ.

One question: I assume that if I start and finish the arena using the same ship (say, M7), I shouldn't get screwed, right?

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 16:53

the check is start ship/finish ship must be the same ships, not class or type etc.

Hyperions are classed as M7's not m2's the xtreme prizes kicks in with a high enough rank and an amount of credits earned iirc, can't be bothered to check the code, i think it's at least over 20m earned, I could be wrong though, it's not as if i wrote the script :roll:
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 17:51

I checked the code and it seems that using the same ship, start and finish should work OK.

Thanks for the answer.

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).

Olezero
x3tc

Post by Olezero » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 17:44

Okok.
I know this reply is sortoff late :P

But was just wondering, is there any way of manually starting the deathmatch?

Instead of having to wait for the timer to reset?
Or meybe there is somewhere I could change the intervall?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”