AL Plugin : Deathmatch Arena Redux 1.3 30/6/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
3%
4/5
12%
5/5
42%
I sometimes wear womens clothing
39%

Total votes: 207

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 15:57

Great Mod. 4/5 from me.

Sometimes it overdoes things though. Way too many ships and things become a slideshow.

1 khakk destroyer, 1 carrier and 20 clusters!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 19:06

The call is random steve and i've yet to get the Khaak in about 60 goes

I'll add some code to limit the amount of clusters :)

I'm just testing some other things like turning all sats to another race for the DM and swapping them back which will sort that problem.

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 01:53

last night i experienced a bug with this script.

i had docked just before the deathmatch timer had counted down. and when i undocked (there about 15 seconds to wait) then a paranid perseus would turn up and a few seconds alter the game would freeze. this freeze even happened if i jumped to another sector.

i eventually solved it by disabling the plug-in and then jumping out of secotr. the mad thing is even though it was disabled i got attacked by a dragon, 2 mambas, and a falcon. was a fun fight. and once i killed them all i got the choice of continuing or leaving arena. naturally chose leave.

the freezing has not returned even though i have reenabled the plugin afterwards.

v strange.

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 02:41

I always get Khaak in wave 2 or 3 on Medium or harder.

One thing I thought with this: if they kill you you just reload. I think it would be better if they just cripple your ship or something.

You'd need to add something like a notoriety boost or Treasure hunt tips or something to make it worth not reloading your messed up hull but I think degrees of failure or success add a lot of variety.
Always welcome! Cheap and filling!

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 10:04

LV wrote:The call is random steve and i've yet to get the Khaak in about 60 goes

I'll add some code to limit the amount of clusters :)

I'm just testing some other things like turning all sats to another race for the DM and swapping them back which will sort that problem.
Ooops :oops:

My mistake. Feedback on wrong plug-in. Was referring to the one where you are asked to join in on a general barney on one side or the other.

2 khaak cap ships and 20 odd clusters was my signal to reload.

It's a great mod though. You are and the other modders here are rescuing x3 from gorgeous-looking vapidity. Superb work.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 13:55

I was thinking you got mixed up after an hour of trying to force a khaak dma :x :)

Leave it with me, i'll make sure no more than 5 clusters spawn.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 13:58

I've seen them in the DMA. Honest I have.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 15:14

LV wrote:I was thinking you got mixed up after an hour of trying to force a khaak dma :x :)

Leave it with me, i'll make sure no more than 5 clusters spawn.
Sorry about that. One thing that would make the battle mod even better would be if we could 'tune' the messages so that we only received specific combinations. I only take on Pirate and Xenon for instance.

A 'max participant numbers' would be great too. Even on a system that can cope with argon prime some of the bigger combats get laggy. All crits are dwarfed by how much fun your mod is though.

One question. If I don't signal my intention to join a battle, does it take place anyway?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 22:20

SteveMill wrote: A 'max participant numbers' would be great too. Even on a system that can cope with argon prime some of the bigger combats get laggy. All crits are dwarfed by how much fun your mod is though.

One question. If I don't signal my intention to join a battle, does it take place anyway?
Hmn how does the same amount of ships but either staggered or spread out at the xyz axis so in essence you get three waves coming in from 3 directions? would that help peeps?

If you decline no battle ;)

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 23:23

that sounds good. better (in other words more challenging) to have the enemy converging on the player from multiple angles. not so easy to shoot them all up in one or two passes.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 00:18

you should do one to have a special fleet engagement so you can have a nice battle once in a while that would be cool

where do i get these death match missions and how????

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 00:42

Nick 031287 wrote:you should do one to have a special fleet engagement so you can have a nice battle once in a while that would be cool
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 90#1227190
where do i get these death match missions and how????
A random guess would be the first post in this thread
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 00:43

I got 5 Clusters in the M3 wave. Hit em with a Hurricane and when they split it froze up.

However, other times they just don't want to break up. I thought their AI splits at the first wound or when they select a foe. These ones often just hang as a big target.

BTW, I think waves from the four corners (or however you do it) is a good idea.

Ps: IMO the Khaak kind of reduce the immersion for me in this script. All the others might just be up for a playfight but the Khaak?

Pps: Does the other Arena script still have a fight if you don't accept?

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 01:10

i still confused can someone just give me a damn fresh answer on about where i can find these missions

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 01:15

They get sent to you as messages when you've got the script installed. Every ten minutes or so...

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 01:19

i am still confused

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 01:23

???

Install the script into your game. Then every 10 mins, roughly, someone messages you saying 'We'll have a fight in location X in 10 minutes.You want in?'

Have you installed it?

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 01:58

they send me a message?

every 10 minuits?

whouldent that get on your nerves to the constant messages?

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 03:02

You can find the script here. :roll:

You can always disable the artificial life plugin if it gets on your nerves.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 11:05

LV wrote:
SteveMill wrote: A 'max participant numbers' would be great too. Even on a system that can cope with argon prime some of the bigger combats get laggy. All crits are dwarfed by how much fun your mod is though.

Hmn how does the same amount of ships but either staggered or spread out at the xyz axis so in essence you get three waves coming in from 3 directions? would that help peeps?

If you decline no battle ;)
Might help cut down all the lag creating weapons effects.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”