X3RPM - Remote Property Management - v0.7 - New Download Link

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X3RPM...

Is hotter than the dark side of the Sun
67%
Just broke every thermometer in my house
13%
Could fry an egg on my monitor
8%
Keeps my drinks cold all day long
4%
Makes even the Eskimos shiver and get more clothes
8%

Total votes: 92

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 20:32

hows it going sorry for 2 month bump but as sounds like still active I was thinking trying it would work with the latest x3?

xtra
x4

Post by xtra » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 16:07

hi,

that´s very interesting ! Does it work with X3 2.002 too ??

RGanB
xr

Post by RGanB » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 23:21

your server seems to be down :rant:
looking forward to dowloading this

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 28. Jan 07, 11:29

RGanB wrote:your server seems to be down :rant:
looking forward to dowloading this
AFAIK the author no longer browses this forum because he is no longer interested in X3 and his site has been down for a long time, I believe you should ask some other user if he still has this script/program because I really doubt the author will show up.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

T1r4n0

I Can't Download

Post by T1r4n0 » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 18:48

PLEASE!! any1 please post it !!! i Working ATN and I realy need this thing.

I can't download it the site is offline.. pls any1 upload or mail me

Tnx

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 15. May 07, 17:42

I've gotten numerous requests for this package, so I've taken the time to pull my old backups and put it up on my new server. Hope this helps quench everyone's thirst.

BTW, I'm back into the X3 business, nothing serious for right now, just working on a couple minor pieces that may help make working on mod projects much easier in the future. Cheers. ;)

X3RPM Full Version: http://leetcode.net/files/x3rpm-0.7-full.rar

<USERNAME>
x3

Post by <USERNAME> » Tue, 15. May 07, 18:44

Dont leave us hanging!

So, are u going to finish this?

I have watch this thing grow for ages, and was quite inpressed with the concept!

Will you finish this? - or is it dead?

as it would be a great shame if it were!!!!!

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 15. May 07, 19:11

well, nothing's out of the question. I originally had plans to replace the PHP-based version of X3RPM with a C++ based app that would have extra features, so I wouldn't leave it out of the question to either finish or improve upon X3RPM. It all stands to whether or not I have the time to work on everything. I've been incredibly busy lately, so what little time I do have right now is being devoted to building a foundation for some of my future ideas. I'll be giving out more info sometime soon I hope.

<USERNAME>
x3

Post by <USERNAME> » Fri, 18. May 07, 11:05

Most excellent, thank you for your response!

Keep up the good work :!:

RGanB
xr

Post by RGanB » Sat, 19. May 07, 10:39

interesting indeed

i just installed it (would have done so earlier but the server was down).
Just wanted to say this rules!
At last i can efectivly play x3 with two screens (main and secondary pc)

keep up the good work! :thumb_up:

Dragondoom01

Post by Dragondoom01 » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 04:48

Nuclear Eclipse, how does it feel to know that you have caused the destruction of over 100 residences due to fire from computers left on all day unattended?

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 19:57

Dragondoom01 wrote:Nuclear Eclipse, how does it feel to know that you have caused the destruction of over 100 residences due to fire from computers left on all day unattended?
:?:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 20:52

nuclear_eclipse wrote:
Dragondoom01 wrote:Nuclear Eclipse, how does it feel to know that you have caused the destruction of over 100 residences due to fire from computers left on all day unattended?
:?:
I think someone was trying to be funny :roll:

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 21:06

moggy2 wrote:I think someone was trying to be funny :roll:
I was hoping that was the case, but without previous knowledge of the user, and without the typical indicators of sarcasm like winky faces, etc, I started to worry that he/she was being serious.... :oops:

Nemyses
x3ap

Post by Nemyses » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 01:26

LOL too funny. Exploding AFKers... boone or bane?

Being a long time player of both X2 and X3 and a huge fan of custom scripts/mods, this my friend tops the cake.

This gives me hope that X3(4?!?) may just yet be X-Online and then i can throw my EVE account out the window and play a real game :)

I've said it for years... the X universe was built for MMO status... they just don't know it yet.
HA! Boom your... crap I'm dead.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 01:48

Forgive me if someone asked this earlier, but will it work with mods?

I'm running XFP, plus a few extra ships/stations I've added myself.

Just wondered if it will work.

Thanks.

misioooo
x3tc

Post by misioooo » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 02:09

Very interesting thing :D With proper upgrading we can have X-Online :D
If you can send data about all player properties to other machine - then i dont see any obstacle to connect 2 instances of X3 :D

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 02:38

Thraxwhirl wrote:Forgive me if someone asked this earlier, but will it work with mods?

I'm running XFP, plus a few extra ships/stations I've added myself.

Just wondered if it will work.

Thanks.
Yes, this should work with any mod, because it uses the strings defined by the mod and the current game state, instead of using hardcoded names. If you encounter any problems though, post them here and I will try to see if they are easily fixable.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 03:46

That sounds grand. :)

I confess I know nothing at all about webhosting or ports or all that mullarkey... but I have a couple of friends who might understand your Installation instructions.

I don't see either of them too often because they're don't live nearby, but next time one of them's here I'll show them this thread and ask them to help me set it up. :)

I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh, and obviously, I take it that every time you start a New Game, it would require you to re-initiate the setup of the system, yes?

I only ask because I'm currently working on a HUGE overhaul of a mod on my machine - personalising it with extra .XSPs and adjustments to the map. Hence, I don't actually have a constant game running, but instead I am re-starting anew again and again and again. New savegame(indeed a new mod) every time I load X3.

So I take it I'd have to setup the X3RPM from scratch each time, yes?

One tiny suggestion: would it not be possible for the game(upon starting a "New Game") to automate the process for you when you start at Argon Prime(or wherever, if you are running a Custom Game)?

Could it not choose your PLAYERSHIP - ie. your Buster, in the case of the plot game - since you generally start with only one ship... as the chosen property to monitor.

And then, later on, when you have bigger, more durable properties like Capships or Stations, could one not have a command to transfer Property Monitoring to another item - say, an M1, Station, or anything you like?

Maybe that's not possible, I dunno, but it would be more user friendly. :)

Just an idea for you to think about.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 29. Jun 07, 16:30

I do regret not having made this system use the AL plugin menus. Back when I originally came up with the idea, I wasn't too keen on AL scripts, and so I simply wrote a script that needed to be manually started. The result is that yes, you will need to restart the command everytime you start a new game. If you load a previous savegame that already has the command started though, you shouldnt need to explicitly start it again.

If I get some time to revisit the project, I have plans to rewrite the ingame scripting component to utilize the AL plugin system, so that it's no longer tied to a specific ship. However, I don't think that time is anywhere near, unfortunately, as life tends to get in the way of most of my work, and frankly, since X3RPM works as it is, I'd rather spend my time on some more important projects for now. But someday... (c)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”