X3RPM - Remote Property Management - v0.7 - New Download Link

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X3RPM...

Is hotter than the dark side of the Sun
67%
Just broke every thermometer in my house
13%
Could fry an egg on my monitor
8%
Keeps my drinks cold all day long
4%
Makes even the Eskimos shiver and get more clothes
8%

Total votes: 92

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 04:21

nuclear_eclipse wrote:- E-Mail or cellphone SMS messages sent from X3RPM when certain events happen (ship/station attacked, station out of money/resources, etc)
Already told you on AIM...
nuclear_eclipse wrote:- Shoutbox for communication between viewers of an RPM site
I think that'll be kool/great.
nuclear_eclipse wrote:- Group ship management (send command to multiple ships, etc)
It would be very awesome.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 00:53

The feature I want the very most, and would kill for, is a universe-wide best buys / best sell price system.. Or at least a sector-wide one =)
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 01:30

liquidx wrote:The feature I want the very most, and would kill for, is a universe-wide best buys / best sell price system.. Or at least a sector-wide one =)
Sorry, I knew I was forgetting to add something to the list! That is one more item on my idea list.

Any other ideas or thoughts?

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 06:50

Some more in-depth statistics might be nice =)
Things such as station income, rate of income, etc.

One of the features I've seen you mention multiple times is a dynamic signature.. While I personally do not want this feature, I can see why other people would.. And if you'd like some help with this I have extensive experience with PHP, GD, and ImageMagick (MagickWand for PHP).

One thing that would be nice but I don't know how possible this is would be is complex hub support..
Each module to a hub is shown as a station in the property view..
I'm reluctant to modify settings there for fear it may screw up the settings on the hub.

Also, this is a very small thing but it would be nice if the front-page statstics (stats.php) under ships would show individual ship types instead of ship classes.. My game is only 6-7 days in so maybe I don't have a TON of ships yet, but for me the list would not be too long to fit.
The reason:
I go out and cap ships alot, I claim them and then give them order to head to the nearest shipyard to be scrapped.. It would be kinda nice to be reminded that I have ships that need to be sold, as I pay attention to the X3 RPM page while I play (dual computer/monitor setup).

Thank you for an amazing project! (P.S. I love the Daigon Syndicate mod too, that's the game I'm currently playing =)
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

Zzyn
x3

Post by Zzyn » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 03:27

How does this affect the SETA status? Can SETA be turned back of if you issue a new command to a ship or something? I just don't want SETA shutting off and staying off...

Thanks!
Zzyn

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 14:20

liquidx wrote:Some more in-depth statistics might be nice =)
Things such as station income, rate of income, etc.
An small extension to the station information page could easily provide this type of data, but trying to actually track that income would be near impossible, so I'll stick to calculating potential profits.
liquidx wrote:One of the features I've seen you mention multiple times is a dynamic signature.. While I personally do not want this feature, I can see why other people would.. And if you'd like some help with this I have extensive experience with PHP, GD, and ImageMagick (MagickWand for PHP).
I have experience with it too. I use to have a nice little dynamic signature that allowed people to change the quote in it, but thanks for the offer, and if I get behind, I'll talk to you =]
liquidx wrote:One thing that would be nice but I don't know how possible this is would be is complex hub support..
Each module to a hub is shown as a station in the property view..
I'm reluctant to modify settings there for fear it may screw up the settings on the hub.
This could be a viable option, but only if certain naming techiniques were followed, so I could possibly add this as a 'plugin' type of feature, enabled or disabled via a control panel. I could search for specific phrases in the station names that could then differentiate between complex hubs and complex spokes. Definitely would have to be very hard-coded way of doing things, unless 1.3 introduces a nice set of complex-based script commands (very doubtful).
liquidx wrote:Also, this is a very small thing but it would be nice if the front-page statstics (stats.php) under ships would show individual ship types instead of ship classes.. My game is only 6-7 days in so maybe I don't have a TON of ships yet, but for me the list would not be too long to fit.
The reason:
I go out and cap ships alot, I claim them and then give them order to head to the nearest shipyard to be scrapped.. It would be kinda nice to be reminded that I have ships that need to be sold, as I pay attention to the X3 RPM page while I play (dual computer/monitor setup).

Hmm, this might be a tough thing to do, since it would most likely require a LOT of overhead on the X3 side of RPM, but I will look into it, see if I can find a better mouse trap...

--------
Zzyn wrote:How does this affect the SETA status? Can SETA be turned back of if you issue a new command to a ship or something? I just don't want SETA shutting off and staying off...

Thanks!
Zzyn
Unfortunately, if you issue a command to the ship currently occupied by the player, SETA will most likely be turned off, and it cannot be turned back on via script. So if you want to use SETA, just dock your playership somewhere and DONT give it any commands from X3RPM. As long as you don't give the player's ship any commands, SETA should still work just fine.

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 22:21

nuclear_eclipse wrote:So if you want to use SETA, just dock your playership somewhere and DONT give it any commands from X3RPM. As long as you don't give the player's ship any commands, SETA should still work just fine.
Ack you can use SETA while docked too? God hates me =(
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=110251 Post #6 and on.
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 22:52

liquidx wrote:
nuclear_eclipse wrote:So if you want to use SETA, just dock your playership somewhere and DONT give it any commands from X3RPM. As long as you don't give the player's ship any commands, SETA should still work just fine.
Ack you can use SETA while docked too? God hates me =(
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=110251 Post #6 and on.
:oops: My bad, I keep forgetting SETA doesnt work while docked anymore. I rarely ever use it anyways, so I havent really gotten that fact dug into my brain yet... You should still be able to at least park your ship in space somewhere, engage SETA, and as longas you dont issue any commands to your ship and you dont get scanned by sector police (eg. go to a pirate or unknown sector), RPM will not disengage SETA.

However, with all the SETA-related bugs with path-finding and stopping ships, you may be better off just learning to go without it. =\

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 07:29

You can be in any sector, just fly like 150 KM away from the nearest ship/station and you won't be scanned.
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

mikel_furrr
x3

Post by mikel_furrr » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 18:19

I will have to admit, this is one of the most intersting things i have ever seen in gaming. though it would be useless to me still because of my internet connection. just dialup, and can't have it on all of the time. but still... GREAT IDEA!!!!

IneffableModder
x3tc

Post by IneffableModder » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 03:07

I'd like to try this out, I have a web server that acts as my gateway into my network (that way I can tunnel out on any of my other machines). I havn't really read the installation instructions or seen how this app works but if I don't see it right away, can I run the apache and PHP services on another machine but still access my game through the network? It seems like it reads a file. Oh well, I suppose I can look for myself but I thought I might not be the only one that has a network gateway. If I figure it out, I'll post it up here.
AMD Phenom 9600+
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320
4 GIGs Dual Channel Memory
2 250 gig Raid 0 3 Gb/s drives
LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro USB - If I can find it ...

IneffableModder
x3tc

Post by IneffableModder » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 05:21

I just can't get the PHP site to see my Reunion files. I tried a couple things. I created a share "\\webserver\X3 Reunion" and while the page comes up, there is no data. The X3 script created the log file and appears to be working. Just acts like it can not find the files it wants. I also tried mapping a drive to the game directory so the PHP script returns "Z:\" in the Get_directory() method.

Any ideas anyone?
AMD Phenom 9600+
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320
4 GIGs Dual Channel Memory
2 250 gig Raid 0 3 Gb/s drives
LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro USB - If I can find it ...

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 18:09

Well, I know it can work over a network, because someone a couple pages back talked about it. My suggestion right now would be to try using "Z:/" - or "//webserver/X3 Reunion/" and see if that works...

neaput
xr

Post by neaput » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:28

If it helps...I got x3rpm working in this sort of split config by using apache & samba on a linux box.

Is your webserver a Win box? Windoze can be a bit temperamental getting a service (e.g. a webserver) to access another machine.

You could try:

1: creating a user for apache to run as (needs to be the same username + password on both machines)
2: setting the apache service to run as that user
3: sharing the x3 reunion directory on the games box
4: giving the apache user permissions for the shared directory.

Then do the mapping drive or unc path thing in function x3_directory()

I'm happy to help if I can :)

theamper
x3

Post by theamper » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 16:21

Just been using RPM for the first time today. I love the idea! However, I noticed a two things:

1. On the statistics page you have the corvette symbol listed as "M1" when it should be "M6"

2. I made the mistake of ordering the ship my character was in to attack something. I was hoping that this would help deter the combat ranking penalty that comes with long periods of inactivity. Shortly after, the statistics page lists me as:
"Unknown Object piloting null (N/A) in sector null "
Also, the Universe and Property pages display "RPM Host Not Found"

I'm guessing this means that my character was killed and the game is over, although I suppose its possible that some bug in RPM caused it. I guess I'll find out when I get home from work :)

So, is this how RPM shows that you're dead? Maybe you could implement some code that would change your Statistics to "Dead" so it'll be more clear to the user.

Keep up the good work!

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 04:01

Unfortunately, there is no possible way of knowing if the player is dead, or if the game is just not running. So unfortunately, I cannot support that feature. As for dying, that's most likely what happened. For that reason, I suggest that users of RPM try to keep their player ship away from all possible attackers, as losing your player ship means dying and having no way of starting your game again from RPM.

jrholco
x3

Listen up EGOSOFT

Post by jrholco » Mon, 12. Jun 06, 05:51

Did you see how fast this post truned into "We need X MMRPG."
Maybe EGOSOFT will take the hint for "XIV Nations Unite" and "XV Universal Domination".

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 12:00

I was just wondering if there were any updates on the further development on this scipt/mod whatever i should call it !!!

theg3n
x3

Post by theg3n » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 23:44

X3 is taking over the world, soon Egosoft will have Hammerhead missiles installed on their Headquarters, securing their final domination of Earth :D.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 15:58

Augustini wrote:I was just wondering if there were any updates on the further development on this scipt/mod whatever i should call it !!!
Work *is* being done, slowly, but in a whole new fashion. I'm going to be dropping the web server approach and recreating it from scratch. However, I'm also doing a lot of other work at the moment, including many things Firelance, Akeela's Beacon, and more. I'll post more info when it's closer and more defined.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”