doubleshadow's X3 Editor (0.15 - patch 2.0 compatible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 08:45

BlackRain wrote:Doubleshadow just curious when you are going to change the speed equation in the editor or did you already?
Yes I did - in my sources. No new version was released. I'm waiting to gather more informations before I will release new version. The above post from Burianek is a good example :D
Bubba Fat wrote:I want to delete, or change, some turrets on a ship, and add some new guns to the front. I was able to equip front guns on the ship, but they won't fire.
Ehh... this is a bit problematic to explain - mainly with my english (and 'cos I'm lazy). The most important thing about turret and wepons modifications is that all the these informations are connected with the ship scene file.

Look at this post: How Turret and Gun data are conneted to ship scene

And try to look at X2 modding stickies. Can't easilly tell you more as this is the most advanced modding (well after the .obj hacking...). You will have to wait some time untill someone will release X3 modding tutorials (Deadly, Harlock - what do you think :P )
Also, I don't know how to change or add a physical gun model to the front.
Again - you have to change the ship scene file.
OCASPAWN wrote:I find when I create a new sector in a blank spot eg: x=0 y=10 it creates the sector ok but the name of it is [string300007:1021101] how can I give it a name?
Look at value sector - string ID Then you will have to add new string to the resource XML file. (I believe this is in the help)

Again this is somewhat difficult: In all cases you will have to add new entry in page ID 7 or 300007 with Text ID equal to the value found in X3E.

You can make copy of the 440001.xml, add the string and put it in your mod or you can make new xml file called for example 440123.xml and add only the single string you want. In that case you will also have to create an init script (with script editor) which will load such custom xml resource file. I'm not 100% that this approach work with custom sector names but that's what is used by script developers.

OCASPAWN
x3

Post by OCASPAWN » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 11:05

cool it works though there is no sound file to play for the gate/sector enter but that dont seem to cause any probs at mo.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 11:42

doubleshadow wrote:
Galaxy613 wrote:There IS something wrong with the Galaxy Editor! Take a look at this pic. In the lower left you see the list of objects that SHOULD be in that sector... then look at the in-game list. It's all Mammoths!!
:? :? :?
Why do you complain? You have an armada of Mammoths :lol:

I will look at it :D
Ok, the problem is that X3 requires the attributes type (t) and subtype (s) to be in the xml as the first attributes in this order. X3E doesn't quarantee order of attributes. In this particular case the "t" and "s" are the first but they are swapped -> s, t

I've fixed that and it looks ok so far, but you will have to wait for new version.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 15:37

doubleshadow wrote:
doubleshadow wrote:
Galaxy613 wrote:There IS something wrong with the Galaxy Editor! Take a look at this pic. In the lower left you see the list of objects that SHOULD be in that sector... then look at the in-game list. It's all Mammoths!!
:? :? :?
Why do you complain? You have an armada of Mammoths :lol:

I will look at it :D
Ok, the problem is that X3 requires the attributes type (t) and subtype (s) to be in the xml as the first attributes in this order. X3E doesn't quarantee order of attributes. In this particular case the "t" and "s" are the first but they are swapped -> s, t

I've fixed that and it looks ok so far, but you will have to wait for new version.
np. :)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Bubba Fat
x3

Post by Bubba Fat » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 00:03

Look what I found using DoubleShadow's editor.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=105266

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 00:26

Most of us already know this, especially the people using the editor bubba, so seriously stop your whining, I have heard enough of it already over these forums, don't need to start more, it will be fixed when it is fixed.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 03:32

I have no doubt that these models will be included in future patches. I assume that Egosoft was under the gun to get the game out the door, and opted for what they did - intending to fix it when they had time.
Wait and see.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

IneffableModder
x3tc

relvalue

Post by IneffableModder » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 06:53

I know this is not X2 but the definition of the relValue in X2 is far different from what you are describing here. May I ask how you came out to your conclusion?

The relvalue in X2 is the object price when multiplied by its "value factor". If the rel value is now the production factor then how could it calculate the price of the object? BTW, this value is common amongst all objects in the game and that is how I have it in my framework.
AMD Phenom 9600+
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320
4 GIGs Dual Channel Memory
2 250 gig Raid 0 3 Gb/s drives
LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro USB - If I can find it ...

doubleshadow
x3

Re: relvalue

Post by doubleshadow » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 09:18

IneffableModder wrote:I know this is not X2 but the definition of the relValue in X2 is far different from what you are describing here. May I ask how you came out to your conclusion?

The relvalue in X2 is the object price when multiplied by its "value factor". If the rel value is now the production factor then how could it calculate the price of the object? BTW, this value is common amongst all objects in the game and that is how I have it in my framework.
I think that the Production Relative Value worked the same in X2. I'm slowly remembering that Burianek already described in X2 S&M that the price, time to produce and consume rate are bound together.

It just seems that no one was listening to him :D
May I ask how you came out to your conclusion?
It must have something to do with the fact that he's (Burianek) the author of X3 economy (as stated in X3 credits). He is also author of the X2 economy rebalance mod (as stated in his signature).

IneffableModder
x3tc

Post by IneffableModder » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 22:47

Ah, I see. I was going off the X2 Modder Kit 1.4 documents. I read my information from X2 modding.pdf, Page 13 under RelValue for the TShips definition ... it states :

RelValue; RelValue * valuefactor for a ship = ship price.

So is this misleading or am I just not understanding what it means in the X2 documentation?

Oh boy, I have alot of catching up to do. I've only been at this for maybe a week or two now in my spare time.

EDIT : I read back over the comment on this subject and I can see why it wasn't clear now.
AMD Phenom 9600+
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320
4 GIGs Dual Channel Memory
2 250 gig Raid 0 3 Gb/s drives
LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro USB - If I can find it ...

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 14:36

Not sure if this has been mentioned. From some trial and error I've noticed that the X3 galaxy limits are
X = 0-23
Y = 0-19

Thats 480 sectors! So your tool will need some changes.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 09:27

You're the man Doubleshadow, thanks again for your excellent work. I was hoping and waiting for you to release an X3 version of your editor. Thanks!!! :)

Creston

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 16:19

Yeah, your editor freakin' q0wnz! Great job! 8)

deamoclese99
x3

Post by deamoclese99 » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 18:48

Question... can I use the editor somehow to remove the "nose" sticking out ahead of my nova when I fly it? What field do I have to edit if this is possible?

OCASPAWN
x3

Post by OCASPAWN » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 23:03

iv noticed somthing when im creating a new sector it dont show up in the ingame galaxy map, i mean its there i can access it but the image is not there
as shown in screenshot .... http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/4741 ... ere8sx.gif

i have edited file 05.Cat/ 40001.pck adding to 7.Boardcomp. Sectornames adding line 1021106

also edited 19.Sectordescription adding line 1031106

also tryed adding it to 300007.Boardcomp. Sectornames

also tryed editing same files but in 04.cat

im must be missing somthing simple! any one help :cry:

OCASPAWN
x3

Post by OCASPAWN » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 23:13

deamoclese99 wrote:Question... can I use the editor somehow to remove the "nose" sticking out ahead of my nova when I fly it? What field do I have to edit if this is possible?
there is a x2 cockpit replacer so if u want it compleatly gone im sure it would be posable. posably by editing the 03.cat/objects/ships/

if im wrong im sure some one will put me right :)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 00:53

In x2, the 00749.pbd file contained the template for the galaxy map. I did a custom one for my SSG mod(s), which add additional/altered sectors.

There is a thread somewhere in the X2 Scripts and Modding forum that explains (sort of) how to do a custom graphic to match your custom galaxy.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 01:00

OCASPAWN wrote:iv noticed somthing when im creating a new sector it dont show up in the ingame galaxy map, i mean its there i can access it but the image is not there
as shown in screenshot .... http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/4741 ... ere8sx.gif

i have edited file 05.Cat/ 40001.pck adding to 7.Boardcomp. Sectornames adding line 1021106

also edited 19.Sectordescription adding line 1031106

also tryed adding it to 300007.Boardcomp. Sectornames

also tryed editing same files but in 04.cat

im must be missing somthing simple! any one help :cry:
It's something with the universe cutscene. It's number 00749, it should be in "\objects\cut", good luck figuring it out, find the Sydicate Mod for reference because 4 new sectors were sucessfully added and could be of some help.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 09:23

OML wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned. From some trial and error I've noticed that the X3 galaxy limits are
X = 0-23
Y = 0-19

Thats 480 sectors! So your tool will need some changes.
It wasn't but I have this info from CheckerTwo. But thank you :)
eamoclese99 wrote:Question... can I use the editor somehow to remove the "nose" sticking out ahead of my nova when I fly it? What field do I have to edit if this is possible?
No. To do that, you would have to edit the 3D body of the ship. So the easist solution is to use the Cockpit Mod from Galaxy613 or to wait if someone will make another mod which will shift the cocpit parts.
OCASPAWN wrote:iv noticed somthing when im creating a new sector it dont show up in the ingame galaxy map, i mean its there i can access it but the image is not there
This is normal. X2/3 has the galaxy map stored as a 3D object (a scene). You must change that file in order to see your new sectors. Also a 3D modding (read "not easy") work...

Next version of X3E should be out soon ;)

OCASPAWN
x3

Post by OCASPAWN » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 10:08

doubleshadow wrote:Next version of X3E should be out soon ;)
gr8 looking forward to it m8 :D

also thax to all who answered my question, i will now start racking my little brain on how to edit that side of things, (one day hope to fill 90% of the posable sector space) dreams lol..

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”