Joystick button 11 has a mind of its own

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 03:24

This look-at modifier.

Honestly, I cant picture what its doing.

Can you post a pic that shows what is wrong after its use ?

Mophus

Post by Mophus » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 03:41

How can someone post a pic that shows the effects of a look-at modifier...? It turns the joystick into a look-at control, instead of a ship control. It's not really something that shows up on the screen. Just read the thread. Or, if you have a joystick with 11 buttons or more, just try it.

- Mophus

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 03:50

I dont. Mine only has 5 buttons.

Can you give an example of what happens ? How things are before you press it and what is different after ?

Maybe its me and the fact I never use any of the function keys for funny views, but I dont really understand what you mean by a "look-at control".

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 04:32

Did you try disabling the "use POV HAT to look around" option under "Input Devices" on the game launcher?

Mophus

Post by Mophus » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 04:39

apricotslice wrote:Can you give an example of what happens ? How things are before you press it and what is different after ?
I've already described it three times in this thread. There really isn't anything I can add.

Use stick normally (or while pressing any button except #11) -> Stick controls ship yaw and pitch.

Hold down button 11 (regardless of what it's assigned to) -> Stick controls the direction I look at (and stops controlling the ship).
aka1nas wrote:Did you try disabling the "use POV HAT to look around" option under "Input Devices" on the game launcher?
Yes, makes no difference.

- Mophus

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 05:08

What about "configure as joypad"?

Mophus

Post by Mophus » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 05:49

How about standing on my head and shouting "broccoli"? :roll:

Why would I want to configure my joystick as a joypad, and why would a non-joypad configuration make button #11 behave the way it does?

Anyway, I've just tried it and... it makes absolutely no difference.

- Mophus

Menarche

Post by Menarche » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 18:32

I'm getting exactly the same problem, using Logitech Force 3D Pro stick (not the StrikeForce). I've changed just about every option in the game, but button 11's behavior seems hardcoded. Add this one to the bug lists (hopefully someone from Egosoft actually reads them)...

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”