[Modding patch] X2story.obj patch

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zeron-mk7
x3

[Modding patch] X2story.obj patch

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 13:16

X2story.obj patch

This is OBJ patch for modmakers, patch also can be used as a mod.
This patch only for X2 The Threat 1.4 game version.
This patch remove many game limitations and add more modding and scripting possibilities.
All configurations need to change only in INI files.
All Russian texts I translated, there may be grammatical mistakes or wrongly translated words, if you don't understand some sentences or meaning, write, I try to translated more carefully or explain more detail.
Changing parameters in the x2story.obj patch are easy - you need to change files from the "INI folder" with txt editor (for example with notepad you can do it).

Patch features:
-------------------
Remove the limit on the maximum number of guns.
Changed calculation of damage mechanisms, additional customization damage from hits, including damage to the remote battle, as well as damage from collisions.
Completely changed the behavior of shields. Shields now as guns, installed in the slots with a restriction on the installation in each slot. Accordingly, on the ship, a new submenu "shields". Appeared a number of additional properties sheets.
Introduced support equipment configurations for ships. Includes utility txt2ini.exe to build a number of ini-files for files TShips.txt, TCockpits.txt.
Changed the system to set the configuration of equipment in the sale of ships at the shipyards.
Improved the behavior of objects in a collision with inertia included - are now the objects bounce off each other, although this depends on their type. For example, the fighter will bounce from bigship, but not vice versa.
Add ships inertia
Possible change size of the store for the stations.
Add in script editor 39 new commands in the "Extended commands" section.
Possible to add new BBS missions.
And more ...
More detailed info are in the readme files.
Of the 2.1 series of patch includes:

- ActivationController - special flexible nastraivaimy controller that controls the activation / deactivation of objects in the active sector. In version 3.0 all the ships, nahodyashiesya at stations and aboard carriers (this does not apply to external docking) maintained inactive. In general, the controller leads to a significant increase in fps, removing the display and significantly reducing the costs of shortchanging removed from the ship the player objects.
- The new battle script (or rather, the object code), increasing the efficiency of npc-ships in the battle. In version 3.0 introduces a scripting command attack object except those already in existence in the operation room team perform operation. Accordingly, the supplied script! Fight.attack.object.xml, which can be used instead of the standard, or by renaming, along with the standard.
- Simulation of inertia. There are three models of the inertia. In the first simulated motion in a medium without resistance, but with a restriction on the maximum speed. In the second and third option is modeled motion in a resistant medium (in the second resistance is proportional to the speed of the ship, in the third - the square of velocity). For details, see the file Inertsiya.txt.
- Optimized speed downloads sectors. Some of the changes in proizvedenennye ActivationController in version 3.0, still load faster sectors.

In version 3.0 appears:

- The patch is now available in the form of obj-file and does not require compiling.
- All options that were previously assigned in the asm-files, as well as several others, made in the ini-files.
- Changed calculation of damage mechanisms, additional customization damage from hits, including damage to the remote battle, as well as damage from collisions.
- Completely changed the behavior of boards. Shields now as cannons, installed in the slots with a restriction on the installation in each slot. Accordingly, on the ship, a new submenu "shields". Appeared a number of additional properties sheets.
- Remove the limit on the maximum number of guns.
- Many parameters guns, shields, ships and missiles, particularly new ones, made in the ini-files. Added script command, allowing any time to read ini-files.
- Introduced support hardware configurations for ships. Includes utility txt2ini.exe to build a number of ini-files for files TShips.txt, TCockpits.txt.

Other changes:

- Changed the system to set the configuration of equipment in the sale of ships at the shipyards.
- Improved the behavior of objects in a collision with inertia included - are now the objects bounce off each other, although this depends on their type. For example, the fighter will bounce from bigshipa, but not vice versa.
- A number of additional features that will be described below.
- Fixed a bug with the reset ActivationController when booting from conservation.
- Fixed a serious bug that led to the fact that sometimes some of the additional flows (eg, flow simulation of inertia) is not destroyed at the right time and could hang forever.
- Fixed several other bugs of varying severity.

Code: Select all

About bugs:
In the russian forum was talks about this patch one bug ( noone it is not really tested this version)  - after time not loaded save games, no more info about this bug and in what patch version was this bug, so firstly need to test if after long game time working save games.
--------------------------------------------------------
There are 2 archives in the download folder:
"x2story_3_0_03b_EN" - this archive contains full version of patch and examples, this is for modding.
"X2 story patch mod version", this patch version (not contains examples and other not patch staff), this is mod version for playing.

Download folder link

This patch author is "Darth Revan", from russian forum.
Last edited by Zeron-mk7 on Sun, 17. Oct 10, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 17:54

bl++dy hell! you are amazing. could you try to ad quantum physiques as in
Xbtf and X-T?
Splits , for the better things in life...

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 19:53

I tried this mod out. Talk about learning all over again :lol: . now all new mods should incorporate this mod to theirs, this will definitely make any mod fill brand new 8)

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 07:56

dathion wrote:I tried this mod out. Talk about learning all over again :lol: . now all new mods should incorporate this mod to theirs, this will definitely make any mod fill brand new 8)
I think, when we finish P. X. D. mod, I make new addon for P. X. D. mod and integrate this patch in the new addon.
Also possible, we will include this patch in the X2 Infinity, only if I don't found this save game bug, need some time to tested this patch.

I think the best features of this patch are - ship inertia (now flying in the space are much more different) and unlimited weapons counts (now you can create, how much you want new guns), and can change all stations cargo store. :D

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 13:48

have fun testing it. the ship inertia I noticed right away. Auto pilot had no problems with it until a dog fight started then things got a little funny :)

Eduarde Calibal

Post by Eduarde Calibal » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 16:59

I have trouble with this patch and the Linux version of the game:
- Put inside the mods folder (/home/<user>/.lgp/x2/mods) don't make possible chose the mode. To make this work I renamed the 2 files to 05 and put in the root folder.
- Strafe Drive don't work any more. Stay operational but with very small strength, is useless.
- Don't is possible change weapons or shields, after remover (using the freight menu) don't is possible add back to the place.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 07:30

Eduarde Calibal wrote:I have trouble with this patch and the Linux version of the game:
- Put inside the mods folder (/home/<user>/.lgp/x2/mods) don't make possible chose the mode. To make this work I renamed the 2 files to 05 and put in the root folder.
This problem is probably because you used Linux.
Eduarde Calibal wrote:- Strafe Drive don't work any more. Stay operational but with very small strength, is useless.
This maybe because into the patch are add ships inertia and therefore very small strength. Ships inertia are possible to change - NPC and for Player ships.
Eduarde Calibal wrote:- Don't is possible change weapons or shields, after remover (using the freight menu) don't is possible add back to the place.
That can be because I add all patch files into the mod.
If I remember correctly (it's been awhile, since I used patch):
"X2 story patch mod version" is only for testing, it's not for normal playing.
If you want to play this patch as mod, you need unpacked game version (if you have packed game version, simply unpacked game files - CAT, DAT files - backup your game folder before you doing that).
I recomended used "x2story_3_0_03b_EN" full patch version (after unpacking game, copy all files and folders into the game folder), also if you want to use this patch with other mods, used this patch version.
In the archive "x2story_3_0_03b_EN" are readme files, with descriptions.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 11:37

simply unpacking doesn't work for me and I belive for many others too.
I think the shortcut needs to be modified with a small code-add in the gamespath. I don't know it....

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Eduarde Calibal

Post by Eduarde Calibal » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 13:36

Yes... After unpack the game don't work here. Maybe another problem with the Linux version.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 18:15

Shadow dream wrote:simply unpacking doesn't work for me and I belive for many others too.
I think the shortcut needs to be modified with a small code-add in the gamespath. I don't know it....
I don't about that, but I remember about 3 years ago, I unpacked game (I used software from russian forum (not Modmanager), that software unpacking cat, dat files) and after unpacking the game, it works normaly.
I will try to unpack game again, if I success it and game will works, then I make small tutorial about that and add that software link too.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 22:14

sounds nice :D it would be perfect to have all files permanently up to date and now always packing them into a cat - especialy when modding this is the part I hate most >-(

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 15:33

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”