X3 TUTORIAL - Starters controls Mission 1 & 2 Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

charliebravo
x3

Post by charliebravo » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 06:34

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU---for taking the time to help me out---doubt I would have gotten into the game without the simple statement of telling me to fly first through the south dock to meet your waiting wingmen...this is not evident in any of the material or speech from the dude at the beginning Ban Danna or whatever his name is. I flew through the WEst gate countless times looking for my men--figured it was a bug oe something stupid---anyway THANK YOU

charliebravo
x3

Post by charliebravo » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 06:37

Oh and BTW EgoSoft--you spoons--give this guy something for his time since you all failed to achieve what he did...your game is missing tons of would be fans because of the lame-ass first mission

Grassturtle
x3

Post by Grassturtle » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 08:38

pixel wrote:good stuff Chips.

Thx for linking to my weapon loadout guide :)
Ok heres the deal when i look on my hud i see that i have the ability to select upto four different weapon formats or loadout options or configurations however not only does your weapons loadout tut link not work i also cannot find anything anyware that shows a person how to use this feature ................ Please help

Le BeoWulf
x3

Training simulation

Post by Le BeoWulf » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 09:27

I just installed X-3, and when I click on Simulator in the Main Menu, There is no option for Traing simulation for basic steering, docking, navigatin , etc.

Holycow98
x3

Post by Holycow98 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 18:18

I just bought X3 last night as a gift to myself (not really...I was bored while my fiance was shopping for clothes). I had had the thought that it had been quite some time since I have gotten into a space based game. Ever since Elite way back on the C-64 I've had a passion for a space based game with deep and large universe. When I saw X3 (I actually had not heard of it before...live in the US) I was very interested and was happy to see it referenced the old Elite game on the box.

While I was installing the game I was reading the manual and reviewing the hotkeys. This led me to believe there would be a tutorial to play and get introduced to some of the basic controls. Since the Tutorial is not actually in the game I was a little confused and a little frustrated. I'm more frustrated with the Manual than anything.... For example I have pages 1-12...than it skips to page 29 and goes through page 44. You would think the next page would be page 45....but in my manual it has a second copy of pages 29 through page 60. Where Page 61 should be it starts back over at page 45 and goes through page 60 again. After the 2nd page 60 it skips ahead to page 77 and goes through page 86. Sigh....needless to say...I have a good amount of missing pages....a good amount of duplicate pages (and I mean exact dupicates)....no tutorial.... I was totally lost....

I tried to play through the combat simulator and the normal game for about 2 1/2 hours....but I think I was so taken aback by the way the manual was that I was unable to do what should probably be fairly easy (like pilot my ship...).

I've just printed and skimmed through your tutorial Chips while at work...and I now think I will be able to get in and actually play the game. A big thanks to you (and all the other guys who have taken the time and done the work to make this potentially great game playable for newbies like myself.) I will look forward to the Egosoft revised PDF version of the manual as well as looking at all the other tutorials made by members of the community.

Looking forward to playing X3 tonight now...

Brian C

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 02:26

Grassturtle wrote:
pixel wrote:good stuff Chips.

Thx for linking to my weapon loadout guide :)
Ok heres the deal when i look on my hud i see that i have the ability to select upto four different weapon formats or loadout options or configurations however not only does your weapons loadout tut link not work i also cannot find anything anyware that shows a person how to use this feature ................ Please help
Sorry, right now I am studying for a series of 1st year uni exams I have next week (all 4 of em).
Hopefully the new manual can answer your questions, as I simply do not have time for the foreseable future. Sorry!

@everyone else - thankyou for your comments!

ZomZom
x2

Post by ZomZom » Sat, 21. Jan 06, 14:45

Chips - let me add my name to the others who offer our thanks for this tutorial, which has transformed my copy of X3 from a 6-coaster set to a playable game.

JamesKilton
x3

Post by JamesKilton » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 06:24

New to the X-Universe here, and as many others have said, reading this thread has helped me understand just what kind of game I'm in for. Thanks a bunch!

PcGaMeRPc
x3

Cooly Cool

Post by PcGaMeRPc » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 12:41

Thanks for the walkthrough, i'm totally new to space sims and your post help out a lot...Thanks

Amos Hendry
x3

Post by Amos Hendry » Sat, 20. May 06, 06:47

Apologies to be a nuisance, Mission 2 escaping the city is causing me soooooo much grief I'm pulling whats left of my hair out :evil:

I've read every thread possible on it and it seems I'm not Robinson Caruso. This thread talks about "turn off AA". I'm not sure what this is, I've been to the graphics option and turned off every option it gives (3) but none refer to AA. This may be part of my problem as the screen in the chase seen is very jumpy and I can't seem to hit anything. I'm controling with a mouse for the turret as it is much better than the stick. I have the targeting set on * auto

Another tread says is just a random thing and keep firing and should get through. Unfortunately this hasn't worked. I think I've tried about 20 times and loosing patience. I've been trading & capping ships to get to about 2m credits and I'm almost thinking I have to give up on the storyline........

2 Questions, will it effect anything I choose to ignore the story and take over the universe........ :twisted:

and if there are any more tips on the escape I'd be eternally greatful :)

Amos Hendry
x3

Post by Amos Hendry » Sat, 20. May 06, 10:00

Please ignore the previous, when i changed the settings to low resolution at the start up screen it made the scene playable. I got through it the first time.

Thanks

:)

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 20. May 06, 16:44

Amos Hendry wrote:Please ignore the previous, when i changed the settings to low resolution at the start up screen it made the scene playable. I got through it the first time.

Thanks

Linksman
x3tc

Post by Linksman » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 23:15

Awesome write up. Thank you soo much for the time and effort. It really helped me get going.

Universofkiller
x4

Post by Universofkiller » Sun, 17. Jun 07, 11:14

thanks

tsohg

Thanks

Post by tsohg » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 13:31

My friend was telling me about this game (I was a X, and X-tension fan) reciently. I purchaced X2 on the day of it's release but after finding everything had changed i packed it up after about 2hrs of play. That and the ingame help was a joke, and i went back to eve.

I decided to give X3 a go (got X3 2.0 for £10 on play), fired it up, from the main menu looked for a tutorial, couldn't find one so started game. cutscene, then im left floating in space with nothing to do for 20 mins appart from mash ome keys trying to find out if anwering the message will help. after coming to terms that i wasn't going to get any help, i Quit the game and went back to Oblivion.

Seriously Egosoft sort it out if you ever decide on releasing a X4 have some sort of ingame learning / training.. This was made even more infuriating by the 2.0 pack comes with only the CD + bonus contents (no manual).

I wish to thank everyone who has put time into this tutorial for the first missions, I'd otherwise have removed the game and gone back to wow, or oblivion.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Thanks

Post by CBJ » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 13:38

tsohg wrote:This was made even more infuriating by the 2.0 pack comes with only the CD + bonus contents (no manual).
The contents of the different retail versions are decided by the publishers. For reduced-price versions a printed manual is often omitted in favour of a PDF. If the PDF is missing from the disk then it can still be downloaded from the Downloads page here. The manual does include information on default key mappings, and you can also see this in-game in the key-mapping menu.

Regarding tutorials, yes it would have been nice to have those. The forum community has done an excellent job at making up for the lack of them.

wolfmanjack321
x3

Post by wolfmanjack321 » Fri, 2. May 08, 00:19

Even months and years later this is helping people

Namely me :P

Thank you

TheOcho

Post by TheOcho » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 03:25

Still good after all these years. I do wish your site was still active so I could check out the other guides as well.

Anyway, thanks for this it definitely helped me out!!
Huh?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”