NEWS: X³: Terran Conflict announced

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cypherpunk2020
x3

Hmmm....

Post by Cypherpunk2020 » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:06

Someone has to ask, just to make the old timers a little bit space-crazier:

I noticed that the title contains X3. When is X-4 coming out?

:P

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Hmmm....

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:08

Cypherpunk2020 wrote:Someone has to ask, just to make the old timers a little bit space-crazier:

You've got to be kidding. Isn't the announcement of this game enough for one day?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Antilogic
x3tc

Re: Hmmm....

Post by Antilogic » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:10

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Cypherpunk2020 wrote:Someone has to ask, just to make the old timers a little bit space-crazier:

You've got to be kidding. Isn't the announcement of this game enough for one day?
Annouce its multiplayer and then it will be enough ;)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:17

Interesting how the announcement says this is the conclusion to the trilogy...does sound rather final, doesn't it? One wonders what's up next after this game...

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:18

thats easy welcome to the Y- Universe =p

karl_1_marx
x3

Post by karl_1_marx » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:22

...and thanks for all the fish

Cheers
mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:24

Boron Conflict? ;)
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:32

Well, back when X3 was announced as a new game I didn't like it, and even today I still think it would be better as an X2's solid expansion.

But boy, when I see this new game will be a new game, all I can say is "hell yeah!!!!" This means the dreaded economy will be fixed. I swear egosoft, even if it means spending the last of my penny and go to jail, I'll nuke your office if you don't fix the economy. :evil:

Ahem, now with that out of the way. I'm getting impatient already. So when you guys are going to release the goodies (info, screenshots ...etc...)

*btw, I hope there won't be another release fiasco like with X3 back then*
:shock:

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:34

Wonder what do the devs. say about the play.com pre-order. Is it real that I can pre-order it?
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:39

pjknibbs wrote:Interesting how the announcement says this is the conclusion to the trilogy...does sound rather final, doesn't it? One wonders what's up next after this game...
Well, let's go though the trilogy.

X: The Frontier introduced the backstory of Earth, the Xenon, Kyle and let us meet the races.

X2: The Threat introduced the Kha'ak, Terracorp and Julian, while further going into Kyle's search for Earth.

X3: The Reunion continued Julian's story and saw Kyle's dream realized, but ended in a very clear 'be careful what you wish for' way. It also draws the Xenon and Kha'ak elements to their apex, with both races nearing the point of either peaceful resolution or total destruction.

Given that, I don't see how X3: The Terran Conflict can -not- put the trilogy to a conclusion. It will see the universe coming full circle with Earth returning to the greater X-Verse. My guess it that it will probably also see the Xenon (and probably the Kha'ak as well) come to a conclusion, because seriously, the Terrans aren't going to mess around when it comes to the Terraformers.

So anyway, I don't expect this is the end of the X games, but rather it's the end of story that started with Kyle's testflight.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:41

Vitez wrote:Wonder what do the devs. say about the play.com pre-order. Is it real that I can pre-order it?
I expect that if you pay for the preorder, you will get it. It has nothing to do with Egosoft though, except for the release date of course.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:46

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Vitez wrote:Wonder what do the devs. say about the play.com pre-order. Is it real that I can pre-order it?
I expect that if you pay for the preorder, you will get it. It has nothing to do with Egosoft though, except for the release date of course.
Then on to the pre-order! (And now starts another year of non-sleeping)
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:47

Here's a question for you: Will this be available over Steam on release like X2 and X3 are currently?

Razman23

Post by Razman23 » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 21:49

Terrans? Not the Terrans!

They stink and their offspring crap everywhere. :wink:
Raz

karl_1_marx
x3

Post by karl_1_marx » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 22:07

mattstint wrote:Boron Conflict? ;)
No, Douglas Adams, Vol. 4 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy...

Cheers
Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 22:12

Vitez wrote:
Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Then on to the pre-order! (And now starts another year of non-sleeping)
Hold your horses. Wait until it's in the Egosoft shop then order from there. More pizza for the troops that way. ;)

Also remember that whilst the money sits in your saving's account you get interest. Whilst it sits in Play.com's account, you don't get anything.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Maximum476
x3tc

Post by Maximum476 » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 22:21

I don't think the money is taken until the game is shipped. They just want to get the early orderers to go to them, as most people probably wont go to the hassle of canceling.
%41%72%65%20%79%6F%75%20%62%6F%72%65%64%3F%00

Java Jawa
x3tc

Post by Java Jawa » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 22:27

Good! It comes out right after I should be finishing off my new quad-card, quad-core crossfire system.

Some motivation to get back into X3 as well, which I've been a-negelectin' for too long. :wink:
i7 940 @ 2.93GHz
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
XFX GTX 295 1792MB GPU
ASUS Rampage II Extreme MoBo w/ X-Fi
Logitech G19, G9, Z-2300 THX speakers
Sennheiser PC350 headphones

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 22:28

i also belive its the US's turn to be the guine pigs this time for v1.0 ^^
they had it for X2 then us in europe got it with X3 so it's back to you guys. as long as i can get an X-Shuttle i am happy. <3 my old X BTF x-shuttle

Jingleheimer
x3

Post by Jingleheimer » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 22:48

Sweet! I am eagerly looking forward to this... 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”