Walkthrough of Bala Gi Missions *spoiler*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

coaton

Post by coaton » Sat, 5. May 07, 21:06

i just brought 8 nova's and blasted any think in my way MHAHAHA.
ARGON THERE MINE....

stonyclaws
x2

got the station but...

Post by stonyclaws » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 14:28

just placed it in Kingdoms End not at the shipyard. Is there any way to move it after it's placed or did I just waste 30mill credit. I don't own a TL so maybe I can get a mammoth to move it to the shipyard for me?! Or maybe I can tow it to the shipyard with a tractor beam. will any of this work?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: got the station but...

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 14:30

stonyclaws wrote:will any of this work?
No.

Buy a new one, or you'll need to use a script to repack it into a TL.

stonyclaws
x2

Re: got the station but...

Post by stonyclaws » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 15:25

Carlo the Curious wrote:
stonyclaws wrote:will any of this work?
No.

Buy a new one, or you'll need to use a script to repack it into a TL.
tell me you're very uninformed or joking!! :cry:

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 15:30

Once you place a station that's it. There's no picking it up again unless you use a script or mod.

Cheer up it's only 30 million :D
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

stonyclaws
x2

Post by stonyclaws » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 17:33

i might have a close save(probably) but what script would move a station?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 17:54

Moving the station won't help. You need to dock at the shipyard with the undeployed station in your TL's cargo bay.

SharkBait79
x3

Kha'ak cluster in Maelstrom?

Post by SharkBait79 » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 19:49

Anyone else face a Kha'ak cluster in Maelstrom? After MANY frustrated attempts to defeat them, I finally went and bought squash mines. Then, I got the scouts and fighters to follow me, launched a couple, armed them, and watched all but the fighter go bye-bye. Then, it's just a matter of you and the fighter.

Oh, and don't try transporting a jumpdrive and energy cells to the Nemesis either. It won't work.

someone who has completed all of the missions, PLEASE tell me this is the longest d*** part of all of it. EVIL EGOSOFT! EVIL!
<nate><::

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 22:16

Kha'ak clusters pop up randomly, so it's not impossible for one to be in Maelstrom--in fact, undefended sectors tend to be more likely places to find them, because they don't get destroyed by local patrols and thus hang around.

Painman
x3tc

Re: Kha'ak cluster in Maelstrom?

Post by Painman » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 22:25

SharkBait79 wrote:Oh, and don't try transporting a jumpdrive and energy cells to the Nemesis either. It won't work.
Try transporting a jumpdrive, energy cells and Navigation Command software to the Nemmy. That does work. ;)

mattstint
x4

Re: Kha'ak cluster in Maelstrom?

Post by mattstint » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 22:36

SharkBait79 wrote:Anyone else face a Kha'ak cluster in Maelstrom? After MANY frustrated attempts to defeat them, I finally went and bought squash mines. Then, I got the scouts and fighters to follow me, launched a couple, armed them, and watched all but the fighter go bye-bye. Then, it's just a matter of you and the fighter.

Oh, and don't try transporting a jumpdrive and energy cells to the Nemesis either. It won't work.

someone who has completed all of the missions, PLEASE tell me this is the longest d*** part of all of it. EVIL EGOSOFT! EVIL!
If they're just floating around, leave em be, they won't bother you then.
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

Walmartguy
x3

Post by Walmartguy » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 06:38

hey there im almost done with the bala gi missions, all i have left is to mine the nividium asteroids, what i did was after i bought the tradeing station, i had the mammoth follow me and when i got to kingdoms end, i docked my Nova with the mammoth, and brang the mammoth into the shipyard and the moment i docked, i got messaged right away! :roll:
U don't have to like it, u Just have To do it!( Dick Marcinko-Rogue Warrior Series)

Deathshade

Post by Deathshade » Sat, 24. Nov 07, 20:57

It's easy enough so far, i just need directions to Grand Exchange. Probably from Argon Prime or Xenon Sector 347.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 24. Nov 07, 21:52

Spoiler
Show
Go into Scale Plate Green (the sector North of X347), head East until you reach Black Hole Sun, South to Nathan's Voyage, then just keep going east. The East gate in Wastelands is a long, long way east--look for ships that might be heading that way.

Kalah

Post by Kalah » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 04:08

I'm glad this quest isn't on a timer or anything. I gave up getting the Yacht out of Unknown sector after getting pasted by pirate Carracks more times than I can count. After a while, I collected some 50 million bucks and bought myself a Reaver. Fully equipped, I cleaned out the sectors one by one. Then I used the Nemesis to tow the Yacht aaaaall the way back to the shipyard. Whenever a pirate came up on the horizon, I just ordered the Reaver to take it out.

P.S.: Recipe for taking out a Carrack with a Reaver? Here's a hint: "Give me ramming speed!"

Now I am told I need to get hold of a Trading station... Man! Those are like $30M! I thought this HQ thing was supposed to be a reward! A free station, like! I feel like blowing the Bala Gi HQ to bits. :evil:

Please, somebody tell me this HQ is worth it. That there's a huge bonus of some kind waiting for me. That I'll get the 30M back in some form or other.

Deathshade

Post by Deathshade » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 07:00

I just used a buster all the way through. In fact, it was the one i started with... I installed the Xtended mod after that part though.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 08:25

Kalah wrote: Please, somebody tell me this HQ is worth it. That there's a huge bonus of some kind waiting for me. That I'll get the 30M back in some form or other.
You already GOT the huge bonus--the Hyperion is worth around 30 million credits! TANSTAAFL*, as they say.

* There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Kalah

Post by Kalah » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 19:45

Yeah, but I was kinda thinking I'd hang on to it, as a weekend-ship for when I get tired of driving around in my Reaver or my LX... But I guess I should sell it. I was reading a bit about that station, and... I want it.

V.A.N.O
x2

Post by V.A.N.O » Thu, 1. May 08, 20:07

I think it's a dumb question, but still: ho do you get the Hyperion through the gates? Every time I get past the first gateway (in a new claimed Nemesis, around 64m/s), my nemesis explodes 'round 2.5 km away from gates. I tried waiting right after jumping, but nothing happened.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 2. May 08, 07:10

Two words: SQUASH mines. The gate is mined, so you need to clear those mines before bringing an unshielded ship through!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”