[GUIDE] Fight. Trade. Build. Think. An Explanation of Each, God, and More in X.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 22:58

Does the Teladi one have two hubs for transports?

The Argon has that rotation wing. I've turned them to be like a cup, so fighter dock from up to down, and TS from the side. And below ecliptic plane. None should have a reason to go near the rotating part when I'm in sector.

I have Moo-Kye secured, Phoenix and three Elephants. Just to protect a Trading Station down South. But I have not even considered taking the other two.

I would not expect that many Xenons back in X347 if I would leave all the other Xenon sectors to eternal peace. I may be wrong, but so it seems. If they spawn on the other sectors and are not disturbed, why would they ever return?

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 23:10

I have Moo-Kye secured, Phoenix and three Elephants. Just to protect a Trading Station down South. But I have not even considered taking the other two.

I would not expect that many Xenons back in X347 if I would leave all the other Xenon sectors to eternal peace. I may be wrong, but so it seems. If they spawn on the other sectors and are not disturbed, why would they ever return?
- jlehtone

Well I need both of these open.
This is my third game and my self imposed goal from the start has been to
have a universe-wide trade network all inter-linked and centred around Eighteen Billion. So they will be mine.

Won't even attempt it until income is 30m per hour. Twice bitten, third time shy...or somesuch.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 23:28

Nyax wrote:Well technically you have to think to play doom... :)
pjknibbs wrote:Not really. 99% of the time you just need fast reflexes and the ability to tell BIG BAD MONSTER apart from FLOOR, WALL and CEILING.
I am suprised nobody noticed a flaw in the above statement. Doom had no vertical look abilities. There is no worrying about "FLOOR". There is no worrying about "CEILING". There is no "SPOON". There is only "WALL" and "BIG BAD MONSTER" :lol:
Brian

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 23:48

Tiedyeguy wrote:
Nyax wrote:Well technically you have to think to play doom... :)
pjknibbs wrote:Not really. 99% of the time you just need fast reflexes and the ability to tell BIG BAD MONSTER apart from FLOOR, WALL and CEILING.
I am suprised nobody noticed a flaw in the above statement. Doom had no vertical look abilities. There is no worrying about "FLOOR". There is no worrying about "CEILING". There is no "SPOON". There is only "WALL" and "BIG BAD MONSTER" :lol:
Brian
rofl point made, although same applies with thinking an Doom3

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 04:57

Lost Ark wrote:pjknibbs wrote:
Not really. 99% of the time you just need fast reflexes and the ability to tell BIG BAD MONSTER apart from FLOOR, WALL and CEILING.

rofl point made, although same applies with thinking an Doom3
I just finished Doom3 and I enjoyed it. But you are correct... :wink:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

kilauea

Post by kilauea » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 18:46

Just thought I would respond saying that this post helped me quite a bit.. some things I didn't realize at all before. Thanks!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 04:48

Added to the X3 Handbook at long last. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”