Guide: How to Use the Tractor Beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

summon_libre

Post by summon_libre » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 18:25

towing L mines is still a painful experience :(

whats weird is that IF you manage to get a stable lock, all is fine - but most the time it just spins and detaches. using a dragon i had to just keep reversing and re-attaching until it finally attached properly (though for some reason it spain wildly at the start and came back, then remained stable), at which point i was able to turn around and fly at 80ms for 120km to my complex

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 20:02

Ramage wrote:You pull it, but it takes a minute for it to come through just keep going at 80 kps and it will follow but it does take a little while.
Or, if you're cheeky, while you're waiting, jump accross the sector to the next gate and fly through that. The Yacht will keep following accross the whole sector, and the next, and the next. :D It will just keep following you whilst you remain in whatever ship you're towing from (I'm not sure if it will keep following the ship if you get out of it though).
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

WaddleDoodle
x3tc

Post by WaddleDoodle » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 20:21

Hi, I read through all of this thread, but I'm still having problems.

I'm using v 2.0.2, and I've mounted a tractor beam on my Centuar. I'm trying to tow a ship, but I'm having absolutly no sucess.

I can't seem to get a lock. I click my shoot button, while targeting a Nova (Bala Gi missions), and the reticle shakes a bit, turns red momentarily, and then goes back to normal. The beam is a purple color.

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to figure it out, and I can't complete the missions without being able to tow ships. Thanks for your help.

Edit: I can lock onto my advanced sat that is sitting right next to the ship, but when I lock on the ship.....nada.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 22:13

If you don't own the ship and it has shields then you won't be able to tow it--and why would you want to tow it anyway? Just jump out, claim it, and tell it to follow you, it'll be a lot easier.

WaddleDoodle
x3tc

Post by WaddleDoodle » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 22:16

Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. I had read something that you needed to tow the ship somewhere.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 07:38

They were talking about the Hyperion which is part of the Bala Gi missions--that's also found in the unknown sector near Maelstrom.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”