CC.xls V2.1! & FCC.exe V2.0.0.2 ("the old thread")

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Is this usefull for you?

Yes
86%
No
7%
I dont use/build complexes
7%

Total votes: 367

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:41

As a matter of fact, i have thought of it ;)

But then i raised myself the question "what if i do want to sell that silicon (or more likely Argnu Beef, or something)?" what then... If i want to sell it, it suddenly gets used for the SPP.... I suppose i could add another question to ask if this is what you want... i need to think about that ;).

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 21:54

Can't believe your stressing Merroc out over wanting 'extra features'. Just be glad it was usefull to start with.

If you can't do the math yourself.... :D

Silver Surfer
x3tc

Post by Silver Surfer » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 23:04

I thought part of the fun was finding out the needs for yourself, well I enjoy it.

I print out many different permutations so I know what I'm trying to do in game. I probably spend as much time working out complexes as playing the game... oh oh :o

Self-contained SPP loops; if you're not bothered about having an intermediate product to sell then always use Boron Energy loops. They are the cheapest to set up - 21,444,364c. If you want to maximise profit set up Teladi loops - Potential profit/day = 9,920,800.

I've got reams of this stuff :D

Cheers Merroc, where would we be without you (probably over-run with trees!)
Music inspired by the X Universe: Follow Hollow Infinity on Soundcloud Hollow Infinity on the Cloud

Buy X themed music and other wonderful tunes and help your independent, starving composer at Hollow Infinity on Bandcamp

Corella
x3tc

Post by Corella » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 13:28

Great Tool Merroc....

Can someone confirm that the Bliss Place M only has one node?
This is out of line with all similar fabs and makes it pretty much useless. :x

Ta.
X-BTF Veteran and general Boron Hater.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 13:42

There are several that are like that.

Corella
x3tc

Post by Corella » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 15:29

Hmm, looking at the rest of the data it seems the Paranid are the worst culprits for single node factories....

End products I can understand as only having one node, but why have intermediaries designed that way?

Bah Humbug! :x
X-BTF Veteran and general Boron Hater.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 21:38

Check the Flower Farm M of the Teladi.

If you ever SEE one in space, and wander around it looking, you won't SEE an actual node. But hook it up to a station and you realize where its supposed to be. :D

Breaka
x3

Post by Breaka » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 11:19

I’ve found the stand alone exe useful, but I’ve found a couple of bugs (version 1.0.0.5):

(1) The Split 25MJ shield factory cost is incorrect. Your program has it as 324,620cr but it actually is 4,284,976cr (as per the spreadsheet, plus it looks right from what I’ve seen in game);

(2) Selecting the Argon Alpha PPC Forge doesn’t trigger anything other than the columns up to and including “Total Cost” (i.e. nothing after the first blue column) but not including the complex totals. It’s as if the factory is not being “added” to the complex. The Teladi version doesn’t suffer this problem. This was done starting fresh with the aPPC forge first.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 21:34

Thanks for pointing this out.

I went through it with a fine-toothed comb and found some
other factories wrongly priced at 342,620 :

Split, ShieldProdFacility 25MJ = 4,284,976 (as you said)
Split, WaspMissileFactory = 1,675,036
Teladi, QuantumTubeFab = 4,135,652
Teladi, SatelliteFactory = 831,024
Teladi, TyphoonMissileFactory = 9,141,284
the shipyards for these may be wrong as well, I'll check.

The Argon Alpha PPC Forge is the only one 'missing', thank goodness.

I'll fix these and version 1.0.0.6 download link should be with you shortly,
(at the end of the original post)

Apologies to people who have just downloaded 1.0.0.5, but the rest of
it is OK as far as I know.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 23:43

Error !

Ignore version 1.0.0.6,
it has the Argon Alpha PPC using Nostrop Oil !

1.0.0.7 winging it's way....

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 23:56

first post updated.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Tue, 9. May 06, 12:37

Ce fichier est génial !
De +, il représente un gros travail.
Merci et bravo :) !

thorns
x3

Post by thorns » Tue, 9. May 06, 19:19

Just wanted to post a thanks for this, in my third game, I am finally starting to plan my complexes so they don't always leak or overproduce things, this spreadsheet is a lifesaver.

xzorby

Post by xzorby » Wed, 10. May 06, 21:22

Edit: There was a problem with downloading the XLS, but fixed it.
Anyways, thanks a lot! I've hosted the files on my server if ever a backup is needed.

ComplexCalculationsV1.14.xls on my server, 2,343kb
asteroids_x3_1.3.xls on my server, 492kb

Stahn Aileron
x3tc

Post by Stahn Aileron » Sat, 27. May 06, 21:49

Just wondering, not sure if anyone asked this or not...

But is there any chance you can add another checkbox or some thing so we can decide if the complex we're building is going to be an exclusively closed loop or a leaky loop?

I think it might be helpful for those that want to make nothing but fully self-sufficent complexes, as the calculations right now automatically assume you'll buy the resources you're short on.

This is mostly so the efficiency rating for the complex is more accurate for the complexes that are supposed to be self-contained. (Like if I had an SPP XL, only had say 3 Crystal Fabs, and enough other fabs to exceed the energy output made with only 3 Crystal fabs in the loop...The Calc assumes I'll buy the extra crystals, so the efficency rating is a lot higher than what it would be the complex is suuposed to be self-sustatining...Does that make sense?)

Just a suggestion/question...

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Sun, 28. May 06, 16:18

The links to the standalone calc both point back to this thread...unless I missed something. Can someone post the actual link?

Cheers
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 28. May 06, 16:50

The first post of this thread includes a link to a post about the standalone calc (page 7 of this thread?) and the downloads for it. (It's the group of four orange links, easy to miss).
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Sun, 28. May 06, 17:03

NeverSnake wrote:The first post of this thread includes a link to a post about the standalone calc (page 7 of this thread?) and the downloads for it. (It's the group of four orange links, easy to miss).
Silly me, clicking wrong link :oops:
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 28. May 06, 17:05

The bits under that which say 'with big helpfile', 'with little helpful', 'with no helpfile' are the download links for the program.

EDIT: Now you've edited and made me look a fool :P, still I'll leave it here in case it helps anyone else who gets confused.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sun, 28. May 06, 22:42

Stahn Aileron wrote:This is mostly so the efficiency rating for the complex is more accurate for the complexes that are supposed to be self-contained. (Like if I had an SPP XL, only had say 3 Crystal Fabs, and enough other fabs to exceed the energy output made with only 3 Crystal fabs in the loop...The Calc assumes I'll buy the extra crystals, so the efficency rating is a lot higher than what it would be the complex is suuposed to be self-sustatining...Does that make sense?)
You mean that if you have factories which consume more energy than 3 CF (plus SPP of course) can produce, that it will assume that you'll buy the extra crystals? If so, thats only logical in a closed loop, else you'll be running out of EC soon(ish). If not, could you make a concrete example of what you mean with exact factories so that this occours.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”