CC.xls V2.1! & FCC.exe V2.0.0.2 ("the old thread")

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Is this usefull for you?

Yes
86%
No
7%
I dont use/build complexes
7%

Total votes: 367

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 14:20

*ARGH* because jlehtone asked me to add secondary min/max prices. ALL prices are WRONG in V1.06... In the complex calculations its easy to fix. But i need some more time fixing the factories sheet. Jlehtone, thanks for the 'great' idea :roll:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 14:36

:o :oops:
What happened? I suggested adding data, true. Practically, I gave only the secondary price variance. I did notice that you did insert (calculated secondary) columns between primary min and max. Was it lookup that got wrong?

Sorry, not intentional.

Armstrong
x3

Post by Armstrong » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 14:41

Great tool Merroc :thumb_up:

Just one thing, are you able to put in a macro button that clears the sheet when you've finished with one complex and want to restart with another?

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 14:43

Nah, its not your fault, well at least not direct ;).
Because i added the columns the VLOOKUPs went... screwy...
The table_array expands fine, all the others go fine too... Except the col_index_num. Which just doesnt change. Hence pointing to the wrong cells... The same happens in the macro if i add something in the complex sheet... Anyway, let me upload the hotfix V1.07...

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 23:21

I had some fun with my two sheets just now...:
What if you could build an L mine on all asteroids (both silicon and ore) in the game and connect them....

Well, you could, if you look at the ore, also add 4500 (yes four thousand five hundred!!) GPPC forges to that. Though a problem arises. You will need about 340 SPP XL for that to support all the mines, the GPPC forges and the cahoona bakerys/cattle ranches and crystal fabs. But here comes the problem... You will need (340*5+a bit) 1,750 Crystal Fab M to keep the SPPs running. But alas, there is a problem, and that is silicon wafers. You will be 25,115 silicon wafers per hour short. (but do keep in mind that you make ~100,000 silicon wafers per hour, if im not mistaken...).

If you can live with that (and the 12 million bill that goes with that). You will produce 794 GPPC AN HOUR! And if you could theoretically sell them all...: Profit/hour 823,833,252 .........

You might like the filling of EC too... it would take 74.775 DAYS to fill the EC max stock of 380,200,000 (at a rate of ~211,000 per hour...)

Also keep in mind that you need a little bit more than small change to pay for this....94,238,598,152 credits to be precize.... (incl. tubing).
On top of that, i want to wish everyone who wants to build this complex (would it be possible to get all the asteroids in one sector, which would pose its own fun-factor) happy building...
Happy building of 11,914 (excluding tubing) factories, or with tubing: 23,827.
And if you plan on doing this. Might I add: GET A DAMN LIFE :P.
And dont tell that to me, because with my sheets its a matter of minutes to calculate :P
Though the prospect of 19 billion profit a day is nice... By the time your EC stock is full, you'll have ~1420 billion profit... hmm....

Though strangely i doubt you ever get this far... If your pc isnt gonna blow up due to the massive ammounts, you'll get 0.00001 fps by the time you hit the 10,000th factory...

So far useless fun information, provided by your one and only useless information provider, moi :).

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 23:36

Sorry if this has been asked before but as the forum is taking about 2 minutes realtime to reload the pages i will ask again.

Any plans for the future of making this a standalone? I don't use excell (i already feel M$'s hand in my pocket enough with XP pro) and i would very much like to use this tool as the freeware viewer doesn't support macros.

Do any of the other freeware programs support this well enough to make it usable with them?

Thanks
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 23:51

No, currently (and probably untill someone comes up to do it for me) this tool is excel only. I dont have the knowledge to make this into either html or a seperate .exe program. If someone happens to know this, im more than willing to help him/her.

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 00:02

Ack! Merroc, are you starting again with the, new version released each day routine again? :?

I no sooner download one and glance over the changes, and you have another one up. :evil:

Good work on the fast fixes though. I do love your sheet.
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 00:08

If i wanted i could have got one up hours ago already, as i apparantly missed some prices to calculate the min/avg/max profit in a complex :P
But im not going to do it, untill i have some more to show :P.

Corella
x3tc

Post by Corella » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 13:51

Dave Toome wrote:I find 1.05 very useful, but felt the need to add
another column to show how 'balanced' the complex is
(most likely to be useful for designing comlexes from scratch)

I inserted a column before AP called
"% of needed resource"
containing (for row 2)
=IF(AL2 = 0, "", AK2/AL2)

It allows me to get a quicker matching
set of factories when fiddling with the
'Factory'-size, 'Number' and 'Yield' values,
by looking for (new) column AP values around 1.0.

I think other people might find this useful?
Close - the formula is upside down - should be

=IF(AK2=0,"",AL2/AK2)

It was confusing the hell out of me! :P

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 22:32

Should have been

=IF(AL2=0,"",AK2/AL2)

if not a 'zero input' ( ie a not a 'Product') then
'% of resources needed' = resource fac. 'Output' / resource fac. 'Input'

which is what Merroc put into v1.07,
thats right, isn't it?

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 23:59

Yep thats right. If there are goods left, its above 100%, if there is a shortage its below 100%. When i put it in, i was thinking about that too. But its right the way you gave it to me.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 00:05

how about a html version :D Id like that :D

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 00:48

Sure, go ahead, program it, ill help you. With the formula's... :P

Or let me tell you it this way:
My brother had a look at it, he's studying IT, he knows quite a bit about html and other programming languages. He said it would be though to get that into html... So if you want to do it.. sure... Might as well make an .exe. file of it while you're at it...

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 04:08

I dont have excel and I want to see it :P

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 08:17

The spreadsheet package included in the OpenOffice suite (freely downloadable from http://www.openoffice.org/) will open Excel documents, or you may be able to find an Excel file viewer at Microsoft's website somewhere.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 10:00

pjknibbs wrote:The spreadsheet package included in the OpenOffice suite (freely downloadable from http://www.openoffice.org/) will open Excel documents, or you may be able to find an Excel file viewer at Microsoft's website somewhere.
Unfortunately OpenOffice will not run the macros in this file, and as far as I know the Excel viewer can only view excel files, while this one requires interaction :(

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 11:13

Merroc wrote:Or let me tell you it this way:
My brother had a look at it, he's studying IT, he knows quite a bit about html and other programming languages. He said it would be though to get that into html... So if you want to do it.. sure... Might as well make an .exe. file of it while you're at it...
The spreadsheet is basically a "poor man's database". Numbers are looked up from tables, and some number crunching happens, before the results are nicely formatted.

Thus, if one really desires a html, then one should probably look at PHP+SQL backend. Some form to throw in data, and the SQL would do the number crunch. However, that is not a single, nice, copyable and editable document.

One could as well to try convert macros into ordinary spreadsheet functions. Probably an impossibly big task too.

As for me, I am just happy to see the raw numbers. For more 'complex' operations I have a slightly used human brain cell. Not perfect, but usually sufficient. Malfunctions are called 'ideas', but most of the time they do no harm. :roll:

I even refer to this thread frequently, although I do not use the 'Calculator' myself. :o
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 14:33

You lost me about here:
jlehtone wrote:Thus, if one really desires a html, then one should probably look at PHP+SQL backend.
Ah, this i understand again :D.
jlehtone wrote:One could as well to try convert macros into ordinary spreadsheet functions. Probably an impossibly big task too.
Yes, most likely an imposible task, especially the autosorting, i would think...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 14:41

Merroc wrote:You lost me about here:
jlehtone wrote:Thus, if one really desires a html, then one should probably look at PHP+SQL backend.
Again, said the Teletubby:

Some dynamic html pages are generated with PHP scripts. PHP can interact with SQL database server (usually MySQL). Particularly, netstores use this approach. You can see the inventory and even order stuff. HTML forms pass values to PHP script, PHP sends a request to database and receives results, and the HTTP server then converts the PHP document into a html page, which you see. The database queries can do sorting and stuff.

The problem is that then there must be a webserver, which has SQL server running too.

Is it now more clear that this is not practical? :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”