CC.xls V2.1! & FCC.exe V2.0.0.2 ("the old thread")

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Is this usefull for you?

Yes
86%
No
7%
I dont use/build complexes
7%

Total votes: 367

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 14:23

Yield: you are correct, fixed for 1.06

Prices: you can set them yourself, look at the comment in column AQ. There are several ways you can set the prices.... You arent bound by the programmed prices at all.

Crystals: The average of Crystals is 1685, there should be another value used...

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 14:23

Alas, I can't get 1.05 to work on OpenOffice 2.0. To be more precise I get this error when pressing "Calculate Already!":

Code: Select all

A Scripting Framework error occurred while running the Basic script vnd.sun.star.script:Standard.Sheet4.Run?language=Basic&location=document.

Domage
x3tc

Post by Domage » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 13:29

Any chance of an online website based version for thoses of us without excel?

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 13:45

Domage wrote:Any chance of an online website based version for thoses of us without excel?
I honestly have no idea how, but i wont let that stop me ;). I guess i'd have to use javascript...

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 14:03

Since there are a lot of people who have serious questions, but cannot use my sheet. I've decided that any SERIOUS question, so NOT "give me a profitable factory", but like "how much Solar Power Plants would i need to support these and these factories?", questions that are specific and serious, may be pmmed to me. And Ill try and answer them. If the crowd is too big though, Im going to stop that immediatly, I need some spare time for my stuff ;).

Also, ONLY if you dont have excel. If you can download and use the sheet: DO THAT! clear?

Also, do not get mad if it takes a few hours to get a respond, I do have a life and other stuff... ;)

Please try not to overload my pm inbox ;)...

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 14:14

There's life outside of X3 and this forum? :?
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Domage
x3tc

Post by Domage » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 15:43

EidolonsFury wrote:There's life outside of X3 and this forum? :?
"...Say goodbye to social lifeand/or sleep..." - PCZONE

hang what was this life thing again?

:? :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 18:11

Merroc wrote:Prices: you can set them yourself, look at the comment in column AQ. There are several ways you can set the prices.... You arent bound by the programmed prices at all.
Of course I can. My point was that the table should contain most raw data and sensible default values.

One can never sell weapons at price higher than "average". If the table by default calculates "max price" profits, those values are imaginary and unobtainable within the game. Misleading and confusing. Everybody have to ignore or change those values.

The other thing is that the table should contain both primary and secondary price ranges. The Tfiles contain two price modifiers for each ware, one for primary, and another for secondary.

For example, the Crystals have 15% for primary and 7% for secondary.
Thus, average price: 1685
Primary min: 1432
Primary max: 1938
Secondary min: 1567
Secondary max: 1802

Ok, the Crystals are special, so a poor example, but anyway. I think that the only primary buyer of Crystals is the player SPP. AFAIK all NPC fabs buy Crystals as secondary. Therefore, one can never sell them for more than 1802, and Trading station does not pay even that much. It also means that Crystals bought with less than 1567 can always be sold for profit.

Actually, both things mentioned above imply the underlying fact that the buying price range of some wares is not their selling price range. They may even have several different selling price ranges, depending on the buyer.

Naturally, the user has to set the price for calculations, but one purpose of your spreadsheet is to offer the possible prices to choose from in convenient package. And with sensible defaults.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 19:06

jlehtone wrote:One can never sell weapons at price higher than "average". If the table by default calculates "max price" profits, those values are imaginary and unobtainable within the game. Misleading and confusing. Everybody have to ignore or change those values.
jlehtone wrote:Therefore, one can never sell them for more than 1802, and Trading station does not pay even that much. It also means that Crystals bought with less than 1567 can always be sold for profit.
Wrong. One can sell all wares by letting them buy at your station. I'm amazed you didnt realise that... Of course, for some wares this is harder to do. But theoretically all wares can be selled at max.
jlehtone wrote:The other thing is that the table should contain both primary and secondary price ranges. The Tfiles contain two price modifiers for each ware, one for primary, and another for secondary.
Agreeable, do you want to send me the prices? Or is there a formula i can use.
jlehtone wrote:Naturally, the user has to set the price for calculations, but one purpose of your spreadsheet is to offer the possible prices to choose from in convenient package. And with sensible defaults.
I disagree. I calculate the minimum, the maximum and the average profit you can make. These are fixed (see above for the maximum). And the prices put in, I'd rather have the player select their sensible prices than me 'forcing' it. The prices i selected are sensible to me. Besides that. One can easily set their sensible defaults in the prices sheet. If you dont like my prices, set your own and save the sheet. You can (unless i add another ware, which will happen in 1.06) copy them to another version.
I really dont see why i should break my head for someone else's prices. Sorry.
Above that all there is the problem that whatever price you or I set. This will 99% will not exactly happen ingame. As local variables (like competition and buyers) will most likely make the value of profit wrong. Its all an indication.

bladesofdeath
x3

Post by bladesofdeath » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 19:20

great tool thx for it

krynos
x3

Post by krynos » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:28

As promised here is the link to the spreadsheet filled in with the Kryno-Plex station information.

http://www.onlinethingy.com/files/krynoplex.zip

This does not include my expansive mining operations in Montalaar, Rolk's Legacy and New Income :) 100 linked stations in Unknown Sector, and about another 50ish more in mining complexes (silicon / ore mines with power loops) None of these stations sell anything, they are just to support my growing military fleet. I have other smaller complexes for profits :)

Next up is adding ID forges, mine factory, missile production and doubling up on production stations as required.

This is a great tool!

- Krynos.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:57

Merroc wrote:Wrong. One can sell all wares by letting them buy at your station. I'm amazed you didnt realise that... Of course, for some wares this is harder to do. But theoretically all wares can be selled at max.
Really? I know that it was so in X2, but I was under impression that Trading and Equipment docks in the X3 no longer have buyer ships of their own. I honestly thought that every NPC station relies on 'Free Traders', and that 'Free Traders' do not buy at max price. That is the impression I've got from every X3 economy guide.

Merroc wrote:
jlehtone wrote:The other thing is that the table should contain both primary and secondary price ranges. The Tfiles contain two price modifiers for each ware, one for primary, and another for secondary.
Agreeable, do you want to send me the prices? Or is there a formula i can use.
I do not have them in handy form. The doubleshadow's ModManager can extract those text files, and Excel can separate the column of interest, but the Tfiles do not have human-readable names for wares. They are somewhere, since doubleshadow's Editor does show them.

For the rest, I think I can see your point.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 00:49

Cool, though honestly, as to your first post, i expected a little bit more than 100 factories :P. But still very cool, making just about anything in on complex :thumb_up:. Oh, and thanks for that error i spotted in your sheet ;).

krynos
x3

Post by krynos » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 06:02

What error?

Originally there were lots more stations in the complex, I didn't know that player stations didn't need secondary resources, so they were all in there too, quantum tubes etc...

Earlier this week I had a problem where I couldn't add another station to the complex without a crash to desk top... I ended up installing the cheat script so I could destroy the whole complex and then I rebuilt it, I used the same cheat script to spawn a new mammoth (my own was full of goods) and fill it with the original stations. I didn't rebuild all the secondaries again as they just took up space and caused more lag in the sector. I did eat the cost of them however...

- Krynos

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:51

krynos wrote:What error?
The B-PSG had the wrong production per hour.

Anyway, I've been thinking about that Crystal's in and out complexes. I think for 1.06 im going to edit it in a way that the Energy Production is related to the ammount of Crystals Produced (capped at the EC's own production of course). So that you can easily see if the Crystals can support the Complex, via EC. (If that made sense). I will still leave the old value's in it. So you can see both.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 15:23

And now I've done it, Im deciding against doing it, because it wasnt all that great. Too many values and more negative things.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 01:53

I find 1.05 very useful, but felt the need to add
another column to show how 'balanced' the complex is
(most likely to be useful for designing comlexes from scratch)

I inserted a column before AP called
"% of needed resource"
containing (for row 2)
=IF(AL2 = 0, "", AK2/AL2)

It allows me to get a quicker matching
set of factories when fiddling with the
'Factory'-size, 'Number' and 'Yield' values,
by looking for (new) column AP values around 1.0.

I think other people might find this useful?

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 02:57

Good idea, added it in V1.06, which is up now :).

krynos
x3

Post by krynos » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 08:35

The more I use this spreadsheet, the more I like it :)

I just finished optimising my mining operations with it - excellent.

Now to optimise my retail complexes for greater profit :)

Thanks so much for this!

- Krynos

Hyppe
x3tc

Post by Hyppe » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 12:13

This tool is awesome, thanks for this 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”