CC.xls V2.1! & FCC.exe V2.0.0.2 ("the old thread")

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Is this usefull for you?

Yes
86%
No
7%
I dont use/build complexes
7%

Total votes: 367

krynos
x3

Post by krynos » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 19:01

Thanks Merroc for updating this to allow more stations.

I must admit to being wrong about needing more... erm... I didn't see the number column next to the station type.. ops.. sorry. So the Kryno-plex will fit in the original sheet as it's only 26 different types of stations... however once I finish adding missile production, gamma weapons, satellites and mass driver forges and ammo factories I'll need more than 30 different station fields anyway heh!

I've not managed to get everything inputted into the new spreadsheet yet, but when I do I'll zip it up and upload it for you.

I do have a question though regarding mines. How do I enter the yeilds of my differing mining operations? I have some mines on okayish asteroids, and some on pretty pathetic ones, I mined up the whole sector to the left of Unknown sector to try and supply the needs of the complex, which they do, but one of the things I was hoping to use this spreadsheet for is to work out what the current mines can support, before I have to go further a field looking for local resources, I do have a small mining operation left 1 and down 1 from Unknown sector (I forget the names of the sectors right now). I guess this has something to do with the yield calculator...

Soon the Kryno-plex will be complete I hope... then I can start working on a combat fleet without having to search the universe for shields and weapons... oh how I hate having to do that lol.

Thanks for this great work!

- Krynos

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 19:35

Merroc wrote:Ahh, a good night sleep, just what i needed :D

First of, thanks for all the replies :).
muggizuggi wrote:Hmm - This isn't working for me in Open Office 2.0.

It gives the following error message when I click "Calculate Already!":
A Scripting Framework error occured while running the Basic script
vnd.sun.star.script:standard.sheet4.run?language=Basic&location=document.

- Or maybe I am doing something wrong?
Can someone confirm?

If it is a compatibility problem with Open Office, is the another free (zero $, free beer) way of using it?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I forgot to say that I am using script version 1.03 :)
This sounds to me like the link from the button to the macro isnt working. Try to see if there is an option for running the macro seperatly somewhere.
tanaka_k wrote:you can download an excel reader for free from microsoft. it does not allow you to edit excel files, but you can view files and use the calculations. i dont have the link but if you search microsoft.com there should be a free excel file viewer available.
Yes, i have also given this link a bit further up, though it wont be working. Its read only, you need to change things to calculate the complexes, etc. You can however view the prices and (single) factory data thats in it.
Mailo wrote:I tried to use it under OpenOffice 2.0, and got the error message "BASIC syntax error. Symbol expected" while pointing to the line: "Dim Output As Variant"
Actually, I get the same error 5 times, no idea why though.
Hmm, sounds like OO can interpret all things within VBA. Im not sure how i could fix this. (as im already happy that ive got it working in Excel...)
I just tried it in my OO 2.0 at home under Windows (the first try was under Linux), now I get the same error as Muggizuggi.
I tried activating the macro manually (found it under Extras -> Manage macros -> sheet4), but all except 2 lines had "Rem" statements in front of them.

Removing these and trying to run it manually gets me a "BASIC syntax error: sub expected".

Oh well, maybe I'll get Excel with my new computer ... when I get one in a few years :lol:

Still, from what I could see ... really nice work, thanks.

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 00:29

Wow Merroc, I slept and woke up, and you've already got another version posted up. I'm beginning to wonder what you do in your free time, because as complex as this sheet is, and as often as you've updated it...hmmm :lol:

As for my previous post, I didn't mean to spread misinformation. I had been reading over Storm666's guide earlier in the day, and had noticed his comment on it, and it just stuck with me as one of those things I planned to look further into, at a later time in my game to compare.

I just downloaded 1.04 now, so I have yet to play around with it. Will do it shortly though, I'm curious to see how much different it is from the last one, not to mention wanting to compare a couple of the data sheets I printed off yesterday.
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 00:34

EidolonsFury wrote:I'm curious to see how much different it is from the last one,
Did you realise there is a version history in the (in V1.04 called) "credits" sheet? at the bottom... Didnt you listen to the message that you should read that sheet _before_ useing it? :P

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 00:49

Superb idea, design & implementation !

This could probably save me hours of dropping temporary
factories, just to write down the cycle times etc, before
reloading & putting the fact. into a complex.

I'm not sure, but I think there's an Achille's heel.
I think you need another factor to calculate input requirements:
eg Argon drone factory looks up 'input 2' as 'Massom Powder M'
(= 40 massom / min) whereas actually the drone fact. only
requires half (20/min) of this. This may be an exception ?

Anyway, good work :)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 00:57

1) Yeah, i did it for you.. A few hours of scripting in the stations into my TL's cargo bay, then building them, writing down stats, next building, etc.
2) D'uh, its not only the fighter drone fab, a few more. Ill have them corrected in V1.05, which is due tomorrow. (unless i get my DVD burner early :D :D)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:04

Blimee, that was a quick reply :!:

Glad it was just a typo,
it got me worried, wondering if every station's 'inputs'
could be expressed as the outputs from S, M, L, XL factories,
or if there were some that require fractions,
I guess not :)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 01:06

Oh my CR*P, i just realised a GIGANTIC error. Any Yield silicon/ore mine uses either 4500 (L) or 1800 (M) EC an hour. Of course this is sooo not true! :wall: I feel like an idiot for not realising that! :wall:

EDIT: will be fixed in V1.05 (as i already fixed it :P) I have to say, fixing these things is much faster than creating it in the first place...

-{AA}- Salamander

Post by -{AA}- Salamander » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 02:50

umm, i tried an excel reader but it doesn't work because you can only view the calculator... any other free apps for excel?

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 03:28

I did read the first page....well, I read it over the first time I used the sheet. After I upgraded it a few minutes later, I just glanced over it, then in the upgrade a few minutes after that, I glanced only at the change history. I wasn't seeing too much info changed on the first page, so it was going quicker and quicker. With 1.04 though, I went back and skimmed through it all again, just to make sure nothing snuck in there. Speaking of the first page though...or rather first sheet, there's this one cell which has a different color than the rest of the sheet. While the whole sheet is green, the one cell has more of a blue/green tone to it. Just wondered why that one cell gets to be different? :P

Seeing you mention your error on the mines, I never caught it. Actually today I redid the numbers I was running through yesterday, and some things changed slightly for me, but nothing major. I've been just running numbers for different factory complexes, looking to plan fairly large complexes based around a SPP XL, and trying to use them to max, or close to max effieciency. When I input values for a mine, I choose an L size, and then have been playing around with the yields to try and get it to balance out within the needs of the factory. This way, in theory, I know what total yield to be shooting for to support the complex, since I don't plan to build the mines as part of the complex. Once I get my estimated total yield value down, I place the quantity of mines at 0 so that they're not figured into the calculations of energy draw from the complex, as I'm looking for the actual complex to be close to peak efficiency, and I'll handle the external factories and mines through other means.

-Eidolon
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 03:53

I had a look at it. But knowing zip about excel, I had no idea how to use it.

muggizuggi
x3

Post by muggizuggi » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 04:36

Well, I can report that the problem still persists in 1.04...
This sounds to me like the link from the button to the macro isnt working. Try to see if there is an option for running the macro seperatly somewhere.
If, inside Open Office 2.0, I go to "Tools/Macros/Run Macro...", there are a number of macros that I can run.
The link seems to point to the "Sheet4" one. If I try to run it, nothing happens.

If you want to get Open Office, to see what is going on for your self, you can get it at: http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.1/
It is free and easy as 1-2-3 :wink:

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 13:17

EidolonsFury wrote:Speaking of the first page though...or rather first sheet, there's this one cell which has a different color than the rest of the sheet. While the whole sheet is green, the one cell has more of a blue/green tone to it. Just wondered why that one cell gets to be different? :P
It would help if you said which cell :P, I just glanced over it, and all are green to me... (unless i select more than one cell, some will appear as blue, but thats because they are selected).
Well, I can report that the problem still persists in 1.04...
Thats probably because i did nothing to fix it. I might just download OO and see if its easy to get it compatible...
I had a look at it. But knowing zip about excel, I had no idea how to use it.
Did you had a look at the main page? There is a 'manual' there, but if its not clear enough, tell me what part isnt clear, and ill try to explain better.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 20:37

V1.05 released as promised ;).

adowthwaite
x4

Post by adowthwaite » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 21:46

Merroc, even genius has it flaws, your just proving yourself to be a genius.
Glad you fixed the Mines Ecell usage, could see something was wrong their...
It would help if you said which cell Razz, I just glanced over it, and all are green to me... (unless i select more than one cell, some will appear as blue, but thats because they are selected).
Sheet=Main Cell=A42

Cannot check if this is true in game at moment, but:
In the "Use to calcualte how many factories your mines can support, enter yield and type/size." sheet an 'L' mine on a yield 0 (Zero) roid will output / Hour - Ore=29.95 & Silicon=7.49 same behaviour for size 'M' mines too. Is this correct?

Well done on 1.05

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 22:08

adowthwaite wrote:Merroc, even genius has it flaws, your just proving yourself to be a genius.
Glad you fixed the Mines Ecell usage, could see something was wrong their...
It would help if you said which cell Razz, I just glanced over it, and all are green to me... (unless i select more than one cell, some will appear as blue, but thats because they are selected).
Sheet=Main Cell=A42
Yes, i see it now, something for V1.06, hard to see on my laptop...
adowthwaite wrote:Cannot check if this is true in game at moment, but:
In the "Use to calcualte how many factories your mines can support, enter yield and type/size." sheet an 'L' mine on a yield 0 (Zero) roid will output / Hour - Ore=29.95 & Silicon=7.49 same behaviour for size 'M' mines too. Is this correct?

Well done on 1.05
Yes, that should be correct, a 0 yield mine will still produce, though very VERY slowly (as you can see). Remember in X² if you planted the mine on the wrong type of asteroids, its the same effect as a 0 yield mine...

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 22:50

Main Page, Cell A42
it's just a bit more blue, than green.....well, at least for me. Might want to ask other people though, maybe I'm just special.

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 01:51

Hey Merroc, you should be feeling pretty good if so far the only thing I've found to try and nit-pick at is a single colored cell. Not to mention I don't see anything on the list, as a discrepency in version 1.05. Seems like I'm picking at straws here, trying to find something. Plus, it's still plausible that I'm just special. :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 07:46

adowthwaite wrote:an 'L' mine on a yield 0 (Zero) roid will output / Hour - Ore=29.95 & Silicon=7.49 same behaviour for size 'M' mines too. Is this correct?
The cycle time of Ore mine on Zero roid is 10:01
The cycle time of Sil mine on Zero roid is 40:01
See my Mining Station Guide for explanation.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 09:01

I had a look of 1.05 with OO-1.1.2. Did not try anything complex, but...

The yield calculator seems to have 600 seconds as the base time for both Ore and Silicon. Silicon should have 2400. You have it right in the "how much these mines support together".

The selling price of weapons etc. At least 10GJ shield uses the max price. However, weapons, missiles, shields, satellites, and drones can only be sold at either Trading dock or EQ dock. And those chaps never buy for other than average price.

Another thing. The secondary resource consumers have a different price range than primary ones. For example, Stott Spices, bought at average from Trading Station HoL, and sold at max to local Cahoona Bakery gave only 7cr per unit. If you make a complex for selling secondary products to foreign race, you probably want to get realistic estimate. Since the purpose of the sheet is to provide all those values (which it does quite nicely) it must include the secondary price ranges too.

Oddly, the energy price was 20 and crystal price was for some SPPs 1685, while for others 1684. Could be the OO.

However, I have never sold energy at 20 in game. Only 19. It may be that totally empty factory does indeed pay 20, but it is very hard to reach 0, since you usually end up with something more than 0 and less than what is needed in one cycle.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”