CC.xls V2.1! & FCC.exe V2.0.0.2 ("the old thread")

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Is this usefull for you?

Yes
86%
No
7%
I dont use/build complexes
7%

Total votes: 367

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 02:46

Hey Merroc, I'm loving your spreadsheet. I had a couple of questions though. Currently just upgraded it to v1.02 and ran the numbers again. I now see you've just uploaded 1.03, but I don't think you've changed any of this stuff yet. I had a couple questions on the data I input.

In the first part of the form (Complex Calculator) when I enter Argon Firefly Missle Factory, or Paranid Hornet Missle Factory; the cost per factory comes up as 0. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be or not.

Now for the second part of the form (still within Complex Calculator) after calculating the input for a Teladi Typhoon Missle Factory, the form shows a Max Stock of 0, with no data showing in the For Sale/Hour column. I know if it takes more than an hour to produce, there won't be anything in that column, but figured there should still be a max stock listed. Also, I've only been playing with numbers here, so I don't know if a Typhoon missle takes more than an hour to produce or not. Had this same thing happen in version 1.01 of your sheet.

Lastly, in your tabbed pages at the bottom of the worksheet, you have "Pirce Data" wondering if you meant for it to be "Price Data" ?

Anyways, I'm loving this thing. Having lots of fun just trying out different numbers and factors to see how they'd do. I only wanted to bring these things to your attention, as they struck me a bit odd, and wasn't sure if it was supposed to be this way or not.

-Eidolon
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 03:15

1) there is a difference between 1.02 and 1.03, believe me
2) Formula Error, will be fixed in V1.04, it works in the line 2 though (the first input), a way around it till 1.04
3) Small typo on my side i believe... You can easily fix this yourself. on the sheet Factory IO, cell C 203, change Thyphoon Missile to Typhoon Missile. Of course this will be fixed already in 1.04
4) oops, another typo, not to critical, fixed nonetheless.

And keep em comming these odities, often they have a good reason. A reason that needs to be fixed.

muggizuggi
x3

Post by muggizuggi » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 03:57

Hmm - This isn't working for me in Open Office 2.0.

It gives the following error message when I click "Calculate Already!":
A Scripting Framework error occured while running the Basic script
vnd.sun.star.script:standard.sheet4.run?language=Basic&location=document.

- Or maybe I am doing something wrong?
Can someone confirm?

If it is a compatibility problem with Open Office, is the another free (zero $, free beer) way of using it?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I forgot to say that I am using script version 1.03 :)

obi-HERMITMAN
x3

Post by obi-HERMITMAN » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 04:50

muggizuggi wrote:Hmm - This isn't working for me in Open Office 2.0.

Can someone confirm?

If it is a compatibility problem with Open Office, is the another free (zero $, free beer) way of using it?

Thank you in advance!

ditto on all fronts :P

-{AA}- Salamander

Post by -{AA}- Salamander » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 06:08

Errmmmm, well, this tool looks very useful especially since i'm considering a complex but... i don't have excel :|

tanaka_k
x3

Post by tanaka_k » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 07:25

-{AA}- Salamander wrote:Errmmmm, well, this tool looks very useful especially since i'm considering a complex but... i don't have excel :|
you can download an excel reader for free from microsoft. it does not allow you to edit excel files, but you can view files and use the calculations. i dont have the link but if you search microsoft.com there should be a free excel file viewer available.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 08:12

Or you could download the free OpenOffice suite (http://www.openoffice.org)--the spreadsheet included in it will open Excel files quite happily.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 10:00

I tried to use it under OpenOffice 2.0, and got the error message "BASIC syntax error. Symbol expected" while pointing to the line: "Dim Output As Variant"
Actually, I get the same error 5 times, no idea why though.

So I guess Excel is required for this?

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 11:04

I have excel, so not sure what it's like with your Open Office, but could it be something to do with your macro settings? I know I had to adjust my security level in excel for the spreadsheet to work right.
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 11:11

Merroc, according to your spreadsheet, there is a shortfall of 2 crystals per hour for every M pair of SPP and Crystal Fab.

According to LordSuch's Sector Planner and popular convention, 1 SPP-M supports 1 Crystal M, 1 L = 2.5 M and 1 XL = 5 M.

Scaling it up, 2xSPP-L or 1xSPP-XL also produces a shortfall of 10 crystals per hour.

Is this right?

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 11:24

You know people, to be honest, I've had a lot of fun these past few days reading and trying to learn the various calculations and conversations used in X3. Maybe I'm a bit strange for enjoying learning things, and maybe I'm a bit strange for finding this sort of stuff fun, since it's been a while since I was in school. Still, I am thoroughly enjoying this stuff.

Well, I can only speak from what I've from within the spreadsheet, but the 1 SPP XL with 5 crystal fab's, does show the -10 cyrstals per hour drain.

Also of note, is from reading storm666's complex's and consumption guide, it states that there's a difference in production, based on if you're supplying your crystals internally from within your complex, or if you're supplying them externally, not connected to the complex. With the external choice producing slightly more crystals.

What does it all mean? hehe, that's part of the fun I've been having these past few days absorbing it all. I get most of what I've read so far, all that's left for me is really seeing all the numbers working, when placed into the big picture.
Last edited by EidolonsFury on Wed, 11. Jan 06, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 11:33

Wow, I just did the maths myself, there is INDEED a shortfall of 2 crystals per M!

eg SPP-XL needs 20 crystals every 118s. 5 Crystal Ms generate 80 crystals every 480s, ~ 20 crystals every 120s. Due to the 2s discrepancy, it comes up to 10 crystals per hour!

Good job Merroc!

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 12:29

Ahh, a good night sleep, just what i needed :D

First of, thanks for all the replies :).
muggizuggi wrote:Hmm - This isn't working for me in Open Office 2.0.

Can someone confirm?

Thank you in advance!

This sounds to me like the link from the button to the macro isnt working. Try to see if there is an option for running the macro seperatly somewhere.
tanaka_k wrote:you can download an excel reader for free from microsoft. it does not allow you to edit excel files, but you can view files and use the calculations. i dont have the link but if you search microsoft.com there should be a free excel file viewer available.
Yes, i have also given this link a bit further up, though it wont be working. Its read only, you need to change things to calculate the complexes, etc. You can however view the prices and (single) factory data thats in it.
Mailo wrote:I tried to use it under OpenOffice 2.0, and got the error message "BASIC syntax error. Symbol expected" while pointing to the line: "Dim Output As Variant"
Actually, I get the same error 5 times, no idea why though.
Hmm, sounds like OO can interpret all things within VBA. Im not sure how i could fix this. (as im already happy that ive got it working in Excel...)

@arcana75 good thing you figured it out yourself already, saves me from explaining it in the exact way as you did :D
EidolonsFury wrote:Also of note, is from reading storm666's complex's and consumption guide, it states that there's a difference in production, based on if you're supplying your crystals internally from within your complex, or if you're supplying them externally, not connected to the complex. With the external choice producing slightly more crystals.
Quite frankly this is rubbish. Ive gathered all the factory data from the single factories, and a crystal fab produces 16 crystals per 8 mins as a single factory and also 16 per 8 mins in a complex.

And now something else, the yield calculator, has anyone got feedback on that? Is it working, are there errors?, etc.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 12:45

How does the yield calculator work?

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 12:53

You enter a cycle time and a products per cylce, and it will give the yield.
I should have wrote that on the credits page, will do so in the next version.

hola_adios
x3tc

Post by hola_adios » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 13:42

Looks great Merroc. Thanks a lot. Anyway, is there a chance you could send it to me, wanted to have a look to it over lunchtime and my network blocks the web page.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 14:16

Merroc wrote:@arcana75 good thing you figured it out yourself already, saves me from explaining it in the exact way as you did :D
EidolonsFury wrote:Also of note, is from reading storm666's complex's and consumption guide, it states that there's a difference in production, based on if you're supplying your crystals internally from within your complex, or if you're supplying them externally, not connected to the complex. With the external choice producing slightly more crystals.
Quite frankly this is rubbish. Ive gathered all the factory data from the single factories, and a crystal fab produces 16 crystals per 8 mins as a single factory and also 16 per 8 mins in a complex.
Some of the numbers in Storm666's guide look odd.

There is one thing, and that is related to that wonderfull explanation by arcana75. The SPP could consume crystals faster than you can make them ( SPP M - Crys M or SPP XL - 5*Crys M). However, it will not consume more than what is given to it. It may briefly flash yellow, but as long as the energy consumption is less than or equal to production, that is ok. If energy consumption is very close to production, then it is better to have a good float of resources within the complex.

The common misinterpretation by many is to build SPP XL, two Crystal Ms, and think it is sufficient because it seems to work fine. It is sufficient as long as total energy consumption is less than 32 crystals per 8 minutes.

So what is the difference between crystal production in the SPP complex and outside? Internal production does not fetch external crystals. It can do so, if a ship can be assigned to that role. The external crystal retrieval has the mindset of getting all the crystals that it can. That includes stealing those 10 crystals per hour from the NPC to the SPP XL. It may work and if it does, then the energy production, not crystal production, is increased by that 120/118.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 14:54

While playing with the sheet myself, i have found an error which will take me a bit longer to solve. If the product per hour are less than .50 (think of GPPC, GPSG, 10 GJ, etc), than it will say that the product per hour is 0. Expect a fix in the next version. In the mean time, you got to live with it :P.

EDIT: the problem was different than i thought, the correct number is used, it only displays 0, because it doesnt display any decimals. If you increase the number of decimals, you will start to see the correct number.
In the next version the default number of decimals will be 2.

EDIT2: while playing with the gamma ppc, i noticed another error, which is a stupid think-error on my side, will be fixed too.

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 15:57

Interestin Excel sheet. To bad I use StarOffice myself.
Does this sheet work with Ms Excel viewer?

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 16:20

Merroc wrote: Its read only, you need to change things to calculate the complexes, etc. You can however view the prices and (single) factory data thats in it.
A quote from me a few posts up, that will answer your question.

BTW, V1.04 comming within the hour (unless i stumble on more problems).

EDIT, V1.04 released!.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”