X3: Sector Planner v1.2 sp1 Released (19 March 2006)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Iwo
x3tc

Post by Iwo » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 20:44

Can't download anything from: http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/downloads.asp
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@b-one.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Kenkthulhu

Importing?

Post by Kenkthulhu » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 08:28

How can I import my xuniverse into the Sector Planner? It keeps giving me an error like "can't find log09999.txt".

Thanks
~ken

Jase555
x4

Re: Importing?

Post by Jase555 » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 15:26

Kenkthulhu wrote:How can I import my xuniverse into the Sector Planner? It keeps giving me an error like "can't find log09999.txt".

Thanks
~ken
I also get that message. It installed and runs no probs.
thanks for the tool

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 20:59

You have to run an internal script in the game to create the log09999.txt file. My problem is creating it, the planner program cannot read it correctly and errors out.
This program is extremely flawed. It tells me unknown sectors and xenon sectors are demanding resourses (like ecells) even though are are NO factories in these sectors. Would be really nice if it worked correctly.

esse
x3

Post by esse » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 09:51

Is there any way to get this program to work with dotnet2.0? I'm hesitant to uninstall 2.0 to install 1.1...seems a bit backwards.

Cheers1

Sirus5
x4

Sector Planner

Post by Sirus5 » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 10:28

Dotnet 1.1 and 2.0 can both coexist on the same machine...
You shouldnt' have to uninstall 2.0

I think the only way would be to get L.S.'s source code and compile it in 2.0.

I wrote the Sector Viewer for this and if anyone wants the code, they can have it. (it's written in C#).

Treachery
x3tc

Post by Treachery » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 00:02

LS,
Did you develop this in .NET. I saw in one of the replies someone was talking about installing the Framework 2.0?

Taniniver

Post by Taniniver » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 22:07

I looked through this thread and couldn't see anyone else reporting this...

I'm using the current latest X3 Sector Planner, version 1.2 sp1 (1.2.2269.19506), along with X3 version 2.0.0.2, and found a couple of problems - one minor, one major.

The minor first - Senator's Badlands and Elysium of Light are missing if I import the universe. The info about them is present in the data files generated by the X3 export script, it just doesn't seem to get taken into the program. Presumably since these sectors are new.

Now the major - numbers for SPPs in terms of Resource Usage seem to be way off, unless my understanding the production of these factories is wrong. It looks like it is currently being assumed that one M SPP can provide the energy for one M factory, one L SPP for one L factory, and so on. Example:

Antigone Memorial in my game has:
Equipment Dock
Cattle Ranch L
Cattle Ranch M
Trading Station
Solar Power Plant L
Solar Power Plant M
Wheat Farm L
Wheat Farm L
Wheat Farm M

On the resource usage tab, energy is listed as -12. But unless the info I have read elsewhere is wrong, doesn't one M SPP power several M factories?

This has a huge effect on the rest of the program - trying to find the "Greatest Needs", and using a jumprange of 5, the greatest need listed for all 156 sectors (should be 158, see the minor problem above) is energy cells, so I can't find the ACTUAL greatest needs.

Can anyone else confirm this problem, or is it just my copy?

EDIT: Just realised this only occurs after having imported the universe, not if using the built-in one. The difference seems to be in the Qty field of the SPPs - in the built-in universe it is 4.4, but in imported ones it is 1.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 00:26

As some people seem to have realised, due to a pretty hideous year or so I haven't had the time or the inclination to update sector planner until now. So I apologise for my absence.

As a teaser, I can confirm that I have released an updated version of X3SP that fixes all of the problems I am aware of including those mentioned by "Taniniver" above to a subsection of the community. In particular it fixes the two issues that Taniniver has correctly diagnosed (missing sectors & SPP problems after import).

I will be making a general release in due course. More information available at http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch as usual.

Cheers

LS

Squelch
x2

Post by Squelch » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 01:24

Hi LordSuch,

Good to see you back. I'm glad to see Sector Planner is still going.

I pretty much relied on X2SP and have used the new one only seldomly due to me not building much quite yet.

Apart from the issues noted before (I hadn't noticed due to me manually adding stations so far) Will you allow for easier addition of complexes? What I mean is, rather than setting the price to 0 as used to be the case for loops, perhaps a field to assign a station to a complex instead.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 01:45

Squelch,

I'll bare the complex handling in mind, however I have yet to build a station in my own game..... It may be that once I start building complexes I'll come up with a sensible way to handle them. However for the time being just setting the prices to zero is the only option.

On a related note, I can't quite remember what happens when you "import" from a game with complexes in - I assume it does something sensible, but its been a while since I wrote that code...

Enjoy!

LS

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 02:05

It adds them all as separate stations.

Taniniver

Post by Taniniver » Sat, 31. Mar 07, 18:33

Glad to hear you are back and updating again LordSuch :)

Thanks for the excellent program by the way - I'm looking forward to the new version already :D

I actually tried working out all this stuff on paper (well, Word document) before I found your program - it certainly makes life a lot easier for planning!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 31. Mar 07, 19:05

Looking forward to this update !

I remember the first time I used this in X2 & getting a huge
feeling of relief that I didn't have to use any more tree's worth
of paper doing each new 'probable best place for factory loop' by hand.

iirc the original X3 versions were not really usable, due to the various problems,
but it was a good attempt :)

Good to hear you're going to have another bash at it,
if you were looking for a challenge you could try including an option for Ashley's Fabs mod (XXL sizes etc)

good luck with the update.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 30. May 07, 19:34

I downloaded 1.3, but whenever I run it I get 'SectorPlanner.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services. Application has generated an expcetion that could not be handled'.

Running .NET 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0.

EDIT: Seems it was because I was running as a limited user (XP Pro) - works ok as computer admin.
Last edited by Carlo the Curious on Sat, 9. Jun 07, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

APOLLO13
x3tc

Post by APOLLO13 » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 17:52

Hi

I notice that some people are posting a problem when running Import Universe regarding log09999.txt not being found. I am also having this problem and would appreciate any advice as to how to resolve it.
Many thanks

l00ps

Post by l00ps » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 19:24

The Import Universe works fine for me. You need first to run the script "SectorPlanner.Export.Universe.xml" that comes with sector planner. Follow the instructions described in the help file to run the script.

Does someone could see sectors comming from a mod with this tool ?
I'm playing with XTM mod and despite the fact I can see the new sectors in the log09999.txt they do not appear in SectorPlanner. I can't find any more the "Add Sector" option in the 1.3.2695. Is it the same for you ?

Goober
x2

Post by Goober » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 07:11

Hi,

Anyone had any luck running this with XTM and Ashleys Factories mod?

Very cool program. I would love to help update it!

Peter.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 07:50

LordSuch hasn't posted on the forums in over a year--you could try PMing him to see if you can help out, but I think it's unlikely he'll respond.

Goober
x2

Post by Goober » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 16:31

Thanks for that.

<cute robo voice on> Disassemble? No Disassemble! <off>

I think I'll hack LordSuch's prog! Good old dot net ... I hope he will be cool with that.

I'll see how I go.

Goober.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”