X3: Sector Planner v1.2 sp1 Released (19 March 2006)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 15:23

I think I'll hack LordSuch's prog! Good old dot net ... I hope he will be cool with that.
Did you get anywhere with that? I'm thinking of doing something in C#.
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

dombay2001
x3tc

Post by dombay2001 » Wed, 27. May 09, 13:21

Anyone know if this will work with x3:TC rather than reunion? I imagine not as many of the wares and productions have changed, I just don't know how much info Lordsuch's program grabs from the universe and the save files rather than is hard coded...

any ideas?
Space is big, really big. you may think it's a long way down the road to the co-op but thats just peanuts to space, listen;

zzzzz

Post by zzzzz » Fri, 7. May 10, 23:31

Maybe this Sector Planner should be removed from the The Ultimate X resource and guides list - last updated 04/03/2010 page since is does not work with any Net. version but 1.1.4322 and Net is now version 4. So if one downloads it and has to get and install Net. in will not work.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sat, 8. May 10, 00:05

You can have several versions of .Net framework installed. I have had 1.1, 2.0, and 4.0 .NET framework installed for use by different software.

Sewerman
x4

Post by Sewerman » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 21:15

Sorry for the necro- but has anyone done any work to this for the latest X3TC?

For one thing, the SectorPlanner Exporter script isn't showing up on my script window.. and we have all those nice, new stations as well.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 20:15

Unlikely I'd guess...

Trouble is with X3 and particularly TC the planning of complexes in a sector,
based on surrounding sector outputs & inputs, is not so useful c.f. X2.

mainly due to:

1 GOD ('semi-random' universe NPC factory updates)
2 jumping NPC traders (TC)
3 Universe Traders
4 jumping CAG & CLS traders
etc

I did start a TC test version of 'Universe Planner' but due to
the above it wasn't really worth continuing with,
the universe can change fairly rapidly & dramatically in its economy 'needs'

Really the only thing you might want is a universal list of resource sinks and pumps,
so you can put corresponding factories up (practically anywhere on the map).

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 6. Sep 10, 20:30

Sewerman wrote:For one thing, the SectorPlanner Exporter script isn't showing up on my script window.. and we have all those nice, new stations as well.
You can probably fiddle the SE version numbers in the script to get it to show up, but I imagine it would still flake due to all the new factories.

Sewerman
x4

Post by Sewerman » Tue, 7. Sep 10, 16:33

Carlo the Curious wrote: You can probably fiddle the SE version numbers in the script to get it to show up, but I imagine it would still flake due to all the new factories.
Yah- I did try that, but no luck. Maybe I'll try cracking the script and try to get it working. It would be handy to have a tool to view your empire off-line (I say this as my wife is using my computer, so I have to use our dinky back-up laptop :P )

Mystra007
x3

Post by Mystra007 » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 21:49

I just wanted to say that the code is easily obtainable with reflector. What if the author is gone in and unknown sector and I can't get his permission to post x3tc sector planner?

exogenesis: I'd like some explanation about the features of x3 sector planner that wouldn't be useful with Terran Conflict.

Thanks!

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 23:39

Mainly that the TC universe economy isn't 'sector based'
due to the potential large degree of jump drives (i.e. most particulary in your own jumping traders)
So it's universal rather than sector.

Still some useful tool could be created with that in mind I guess.

Personally I wouldn't re-use someone's code directly without explicit permission,
but no reason not to let the code inspire you if you feel so inclined :)

Darkhymn
x4

Post by Darkhymn » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 00:47

I just wanted to point out that this tool was highly useful for pointing out significant holes in the economy for filling in X3:R, as well as for locating high yield asteroids and other goodies. While a large fleet of UT's could certainly mitigate some of the usefulness, it's still better than placing stations blindly, particularly when considering how massive some of the holes in the X3:R economy were. Even with 30+ UT's flying, the Argon systems surrounding Argon Prime suffered a severe lack of Cahoonas and would grind to almost a halt in a few hours of gameplay, the Boron core systems in the top left were always wanting for ecells... I can't remember the other major gaps, but there were several huge ones. I'm not certain if the TC economy is much more stable, but a tool like this for TC certainly wouldn't hurt.

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 21:30

Not working download
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 21:40

@ Helios01: It was released in 2006 for X3 Reunion you know. The author LordSuch has not posted (under that name) since 2007. Are you playing Reunion? If not then you probably do not want it anyway.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 21:53

Of course, I am playing it right now. Recently I've noticed that many posts, even from the ultimate guide for X3R have not working downloads (of course, people with not so weak single core PC like me are playing only TC/AP) so I was just saying
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 22:17

Oh OK but as I said, the author has not posted anywhere on these forums since 2007 so I don't think anything will happen now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 19:41

Might only be a temporary problem, the site is still there, but shows only text.

I can offer to mirror a zip of the files as installed, if that a done thing ?,
even then can't remember if it really needs to be properly installed.

Certainly doesn't run on my Win7 64 bit from the files I've got,
'not compatible with the version of windows you are running',
it might run on a 32 bit system.

I remember it needs '.NET framework' to be installed, which is pretty standard now,
possibly the installer was only needed to check/install that ?

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 21:56

Well I have a WinXP 32bit. But I don't really need it, I was just wandering around the ultimate guide threads and trying to find some interesting stuff...

So you could upload it and send here the link? If you won't break any author or copy stuff, then why not? I don't know much about it, but an admin told one person trying to share Argonopedia (X2 encyclopedia) offline files which he got from me to stop it and closed the thread I think, so I am just keeping it in my PC

FnordMan
x3tc

Post by FnordMan » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 02:08

managed to grab a copy of both files courtesy of archive.org
see here

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 02:44

So I guess the X3: sector planner has gone missing from cyber space?

Shame. I have the X2 version and used it in my playthrough.

Or.....just maybe someone has a copy...and would send me a copy?

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 12:34

Well here's the .msi installer file as downloaded from FnordMan's link (when it used to exist),

http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/x3sp-1-3-2695.msi

Just tried installing it on my Win7/64 system & was pleasantly surprised that it works perfectly :)

However there may be a compatibilty problem with Win7 &/or 64 bit windows:
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/X3SP1.png

But if you click Yes, then Microsoft's web page for downloading .NET Framework 1.1 is brought up in your web-browser.
When I ran the .NET installer I got:
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/X3SP2.png
If you click 'Cancel' you get
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/X3SP3.png

But when I clicked 'Run program' it installed fine, & then re-ran the SectorPlanner installer it installed & ran OK:
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/X3SP4.png

The .NET 1.1 'incompatibility with ISS services on this platform' is the only worry,
so I guess it's a case of use at your own risk....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”