[7.0 Beta 2] Elevator Controls or Bridge seats become unaccessible (on very rare occasions)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Metran

[7.0 Beta 2] Elevator Controls or Bridge seats become unaccessible (on very rare occasions)

Post by Metran » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:56

As the topic title says, on very rare occasions I have experienced Elevator Controls on stations and Ships (also bridge seats) become inaccessible, meaning not clickable. I have not been able to consistently replicate this issue, all the information I can give at this time is where it has happened:
  • On PHQ: Elevator at Trader's Corner (Basic Dock) and Personal Office.
  • On Hydra: both Elevator Control panel and Gunner's seat.
Game Version: 7.0 Beta 2
Game Start: Custom Game

I will attempt to provide more details if, or when, I can more consistently reproduce it. Or take screenshots when it happens (forgot the times it has already happened :oops:). Now I can usually "fix" this by using Teleport.
While it's unlikely to be hardware related but here are my Specs:
Show
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D
GPU: RX 6900XT
Ram: 32GB 3600MHz
System Storage: 1TB WD BLACK SN850X (NVME)
2nd Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (NVME)

castleberger
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Elevator Controls or Bridge seats become unaccessible (on very rare occasions)

Post by castleberger » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 04:17

It has something to do with teleporting. I haven't experienced it with the betas, besides the prison spacesuit docking part of the curs story after you solve the puzzle. In 6.2 I experienced it decently often.

Lazybun
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Elevator Controls or Bridge seats become unaccessible (on very rare occasions)

Post by Lazybun » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 13:59

Happend to me without teleporting in beta 3. Taking controls of the ship solved this, but i didnt even unlock HQ at that time.
Didnt save at that time and couldnt replicate, unfortunately.

Gomorragh
x4

Post by Gomorragh » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 07:13

Still happening in Beta 3

Ive had this Happen too, only solved it by quicksave quickload, this was with captured Xenon PE, shows the elevator shaft but no call or platform option, and if inside the ship you cant get out of the ship except by spacesuit.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 11:17

I reported an issue, with a Save, back in Beta 1 I think it was, where the Pilot's console on a Phoenix E was inaccessible. I couldn't talk to the Pilot either. This issue persists in Beta 3. I have several Phoenix E's and cannot fly any of them myself, which is a bit of a pain.

I'd recommend uploading a Save showing the issue, as I'm guessing this means multiple ships are affected by this bug.

sabbede
x4

Post by sabbede » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 23:59

Interesting. What would happen to me (haven’t made the mistake lately) is that I would use a station teleporter, and then accidentally hit shift+d, jumping back to my ship. After this, the teleporter would stop working.
I once broke four teleporters in a row.

Since then, I stopped trying to map shift+w as run.
Asus TUF x570 PRO Wi-Fi
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
32gig Patriot Viper PC4-35200
RTX 3070Ti
EVGA 850 GS PSU
Windows 10 x64
and a joystick.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”