[7.0 Beta 2] Abandoned Xenon S/M Ships can't be claimed via a marine - fixed after beta 2

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

FatalKeks
x4

[7.0 Beta 2] Abandoned Xenon S/M Ships can't be claimed via a marine - fixed after beta 2

Post by FatalKeks » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 16:24

As the title says. Abandoned Xenon S/M Ships can't be claimed via a marine. The marine Pod connects to the abandoned ship, then the pod disappeares without claiming the ship. The marine is lost in the process.
(Don't have a save right now, can provide one later.)

Scoob
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Abandoned Xenon S/M Ships can't be claimed via a marine

Post by Scoob » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 17:12

FatalKeks wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 24, 16:24
As the title says. Abandoned Xenon S/M Ships can't be claimed via a marine. The marine Pod connects to the abandoned ship, then the pod disappeares without claiming the ship. The marine is lost in the process.
(Don't have a save right now, can provide one later.)
I've claimed dozens of ships via this method in Beta 1 and Beta 2. Perhaps it's specific ships that cannot be claimed via this method? I've claimed a variety of SCA Pirate ships, as well as those from enemy factions, both S and M-Class. Fighters, Heavy Fighters, Corvettes and Frigates. I did try to claim a Xenon ships once - one of my small fleets made it bail - but that ships just VANISHED (not wreck) after I (remotely) tried to Claim it. That's likely a separate issue though.

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 17:40

I assume it's only broken for xenon ships then.

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 20:05

Was going to make a thread about this can confirm cant claim xenon M bailed ship ,i managed to dock with spacesuit but obviously could not get in pilot seat

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 00:24

Looks like this topic has been edited by a moderator. It originally didn't have the Xenon distinction, but just S/M ships in general. I can confirm, having just made a Xenon B bail - that the Boarding Pod just vanishes.

I have a save, which might help: Link

In it you're piloting a Cerberus Vanguard, and have just made a Xenon B bail. You have Marines aboard, so the right-click > Claim option is available. Try it, you'll see that the pod just vanishes.

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 13:16

Any news on this one? Is this maybe WAD? I assume the problem is that the xenon ships do not allow a pilot, so the usual claiming process via marine does not work. By now I have a little xenon graveyard at a gate I'm guarding and I will not claim all the ships manually :|

https://i.imgur.com/xsphl6R.jpeg

(All the white ships in the Screenshot are claimable Xenon ship)
Last edited by CBJ on Fri, 19. Apr 24, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 13:51

Additional information is always welcome, but hassling for "news" won't get you a response. When someone has had time to investigate, they may reply in the thread if they have time. If not then you may just have to keep an eye on the release notes. The fact that we cannot reply to every thread individually is made clear in the forum rules.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 22:11

FatalKeks wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 13:16
Any news on this one? Is this maybe WAD? I assume the problem is that the xenon ships do not allow a pilot, so the usual claiming process via marine does not work. By now I have a little xenon graveyard at a gate I'm guarding and I will not claim all the ships manually :|

https://i.imgur.com/xsphl6R.jpeg

(All the white ships in the Screenshot are claimable Xenon ship)
Unfortunately the Xenon S/M ships can not be claimed by a Marine. The player has to do it manually as the player is the only person that can pilot them...

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 04:28

i can confirm it, as soon as i send a marina to claim a xenon ship that is abandoned the marins start to fly there and puff they vanish, but the ship is not claimed

on any other ships its working fine.

Metran

Post by Metran » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 23:54

If you have scanned and look at the "abandoned" Xenon ship you'll see that it still have Crew 1/1 which means that there is no room for your marines and thus cannot claim it that way, whether or not this is the intention I cannot say but I don't really see it as an issue (mild annoyance, yes).

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 18:07

Metran wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 24, 23:54
If you have scanned and look at the "abandoned" Xenon ship you'll see that it still have Crew 1/1 which means that there is no room for your marines and thus cannot claim it that way, whether or not this is the intention I cannot say but I don't really see it as an issue (mild annoyance, yes).
It's not an Issue in early game, in late game it us. Look at the screenshot ( https://i.imgur.com/xsphl6R.jpeg ). They really start to pile up, if your fleet is guarding a gate. And this is the situation at every gate, that ist guarded. Also the interface suggests, that it should be possible via marine.

Vayde
x3tc

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Abandoned Xenon S/M Ships can't be claimed via a marine - fixed after beta 2

Post by Vayde » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 20:03

Check the crew compliment. Some of the Xenon ships don't even have a pilot option, likely why they won't allow a marine to dock.
Still life in the old dog yet...

FatalKeks
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Abandoned Xenon S/M Ships can't be claimed via a marine - fixed after beta 2

Post by FatalKeks » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 21:18

Nice. This seems to be fixed after beta 2. Thanks!
How does the fix look like? Do xenon ships require pilots now?

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 13:21

I had an opportunity to claim a Xenon PE - first I tried with the Claim command. The marine went outside, boarded the ship and instantly disappeared.
When I'm boarding the ship myself via spacewalk, I can enter the ship, but the pilot's chair can't be interacted with. Is this is the desired behaviour in Beta 2?

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 11:34

As I had a different problem,
Novvak wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 24, 13:21
I had an opportunity to claim a Xenon PE - first I tried with the Claim command. The marine went outside, boarded the ship and instantly disappeared.
When I'm boarding the ship myself via spacewalk, I can enter the ship, but the pilot's chair can't be interacted with. Is this is the desired behaviour in Beta 2?
Yours should not happen. In the early game I played (still ongoing) I tended to capture myself two X-ships, not realizing this thread had captured a problem with marines, I did not had this problem (pre-beta 2 I guess).

Recently I started to use a cheat, because I was so sick of incapable pilots that I had to releave my anger and so on, but I was also able to commandeer from pilots seat to claim a few Xenon ships, without a problem...
So, as far as I see, this works...
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 11:36

FatalKeks wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 21:18
Nice. This seems to be fixed after beta 2. Thanks!
How does the fix look like? Do xenon ships require pilots now?
I think so, I had two Xenon ships patrolling for a long time from the first intro of version 7 and all of a sudden (after beta 2) I noticed in the list this red acclimation mark next to its ship's name, it needed a pilot.
So, yes...
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”