[FEEDBACK] Tutorials

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Tutorials - Travel Mode

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 23:35

DarkBelzebut wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 18:45
I am disappointed because the consequence of this bug: it is not possible for me to complete the list of tutorials to test the Timelines games :evil: .
As mentioned before, Timelines is not part of the beta:
Gregory wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 17:33
Frequently Asked Questions

[...]

I can't access "Timelines", it's greyed out.
The 7.00 Public Beta does not include our next expansion X4: Timelines. The expansion will not be part of any public beta tests. You will not be able to test X4: Timelines in the 7.00 Public Beta of X4: Foundations. The menu item being greyed out is therefore intentional.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

curiaregis
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Tutorials

Post by curiaregis » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 13:46

Arisaya wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 24, 20:16
Combat tutorial does not complete:
* Perform tutorial steps up until a drone drops the the heavy tracking missiles.
* A voiceline will play about the missiles being a different type
* No objective exists past this point, but I presume that what was supposed to happen is that you get introduced to swapping ammo types
Bump. Same issue here in Beta 2. Tried that combat mission 7 or 8 times, each with different combinations of actions, but was never able to proceed past that voice-line / absence of objective.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 05:29

Weapons and turrets tutorial can not be finished, once the missile from the Behemoth hit my ship, my plasma turret stopped and all the tutorial stuck.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 01:15

Ok, the bug is triggered by the plasma turret destroys the missile turret. If I turn around and avoid the plasma shooting the L turret, the mission completed as normal

Koshea
x4

Post by Koshea » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 22:15

Beta 3!
Finished the Combat Tutorial
Still can't finish Combat Scenario Tutorial, still getting the K stripped of surface elements, hull down to 70% and then infinitely respawning Xenon Fighters without being able to damage the K. The objective is "Defend"

Pathocyte
x4

Post by Pathocyte » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 22:31

Koshea wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 24, 22:15
Beta 3!
Finished the Combat Tutorial
Still can't finish Combat Scenario Tutorial, still getting the K stripped of surface elements, hull down to 70% and then infinitely respawning Xenon Fighters without being able to damage the K. The objective is "Defend"
I'm also experiencing this while playing on the Steam Deck with Beta version: 7.00 (529848). Xenon fighters keep spawning and the K just stays there with 70% health.

Koshea
x4

Post by Koshea » Thu, 2. May 24, 19:03

Beta 4!
Was finally able to finish the Combat Scenario!
I liked the fact that it was pointed out large ships blow up and you need to clear the area.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sat, 11. May 24, 05:51

Beta 5

Long Range Scanner.

I completed the Tutorial successfully.
Just mentioning when I got to the lockbox the instructor explains about lockboxes, that some may explode and to open this one without doing too much damage.
We are then tasked to open the lockbox and the mission objective changes to 'destroy'.

This seems opposite to what the instructor just said.

The usual lockbox missions are:
1. Find lockbox
2. Open lockbox
3. Deliver contents of lockbox.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sat, 11. May 24, 06:06

Is there going to be a Tutorial about Crystals Added?

I've started noticing some crystals again in Heritic's End and elsewhere.
And I'm not certain what the correct process of crystal extraction and collection is?

Will low power ship weapons work? Is the spacesuit hand laser applicable?
I remember the container magnet will collect the extracted crystal shards.

I've checked the Basic Mining Tutorial and the Mining Orders Tutorial and so far Crystals have not been mentioned.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 11. May 24, 18:31

<beta 5>

Walking around tutorial: for the crouch step, I jumped up on the central table (because I just got taught out to jump) and did it there. The next step was to follow the golden line... but there was no line!
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ZlothX/sc ... 923802751/

When I got down, the line showed up. I went to the elevator, turned around, and the line was still there, pointing back to the flight instructor! There's a pulse coming toward me along the line, so I think most people will get it, but why is that line even there?
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ZlothX/sc ... 923835266/

Naturally, I went to the wrong location. When I stepped out of the elevator, there was no line to help me.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ZlothX/sc ... 923847596/

It did show up eventually, when I wandered near another elevator.

BIG plus on the spacesuit tutorial - we are told how to get back into the ship!!

On the flight assist tutorial, we're supposed to experiment with it but we're out in space with nothing around. It's hard to tell what's really going on without having something stationary to compare with. Could we get the derelict ship back on that step?

Something that isn't taught now is that you can turn your ship by holding down the left mouse button. It used to be in the tutorial, but now it's gone for some reason. That's a really important control! It's critical when you want to use right click menus. Can we get it back, even if there's no voice to cover what's happening?

Ormac wrote:
Sat, 11. May 24, 05:51
We are then tasked to open the lockbox and the mission objective changes to 'destroy'.
It says 'destroy lock' - which is what you are doing.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”