[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

angrytigerp
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by angrytigerp » Mon, 6. May 24, 07:07

I want to use the EVE Factions (and doing a VRO modlist in general), but I'm confused on what exactly is and isn't supposed to be used together, what supersedes what, etc. Playing 6.20/stable build.

The faction mods have Eco as a dependency; there are also all the other more specific extensions, but they seem to be replaced by functions in other more all-encompassing ones?

So what exactly should I be using? I... think, if I'm reading this correctly, I should use... Eco and Scripts? And that should be it, those are the only two I need, they replace everything else?

user1679

Post by user1679 » Mon, 6. May 24, 07:23

angrytigerp wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 07:07
I want to use the EVE Factions (and doing a VRO modlist in general), but I'm confused on what exactly is and isn't supposed to be used together, what supersedes what, etc. Playing 6.20/stable build.

The faction mods have Eco as a dependency; there are also all the other more specific extensions, but they seem to be replaced by functions in other more all-encompassing ones?

So what exactly should I be using? I... think, if I'm reading this correctly, I should use... Eco and Scripts? And that should be it, those are the only two I need, they replace everything else?
These are what I use in 6.20:

deadairdynamicwars
deadairfactionamarr
deadairfactioncaldari
deadairfactiongallente
deadairfactionminmatar
deadairfactionshareditems
deadairjobs
deadairware
lc4hunter_xenon_overhaul
lc4hunter_xenon_overhaul_vro
vro
vro_assets

When I put this together for my 6.20 build, there was a DeadAir version of VRO but it wasn't compatible with other mods I had so I use the full version.

ECO/SCRIPTS combine a lot of DeadAir's mods into one. For example, ECO has jobs/ware in it but I didn't want the god/gate that's also there so I use the separate mods. Scripts contains dynamicwars/xenon evolution (which improves Xenon) but I already have mods that change Xenon (the lc4hunter mods) so I use the separate dynamicwars.
Last edited by user1679 on Mon, 6. May 24, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

angrytigerp
x4

Post by angrytigerp » Mon, 6. May 24, 07:31

user1679 wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 07:23
angrytigerp wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 07:07

These are what I use in 6.20:

deadairfactionamarr
deadairfactioncaldari
deadairfactiongallente
deadairfactionminmatar
deadairfactionshareditems
deadairjobs
deadairware
vro
vro_assets

When I put this together for my 6.20 build, there was a DeadAir version of VRO but it wasn't compatible with other mods I had so I use the full version. Also, deadaireco and deadairevolution didn't exist so I can't comment on them.
If I try to use the current versions of the EVE factions, the extensions are highlighted as red. DeadAir_Eco is a dependency.

Maybe Deadair updated the factions to make those a requirement when they started working on the collective Eco/Scripts extensions as all-in-ones to replace all their patchwork stuff previously?

user1679

Post by user1679 » Mon, 6. May 24, 07:43

angrytigerp wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 07:31
If I try to use the current versions of the EVE factions, the extensions are highlighted as red. DeadAir_Eco is a dependency.

Maybe Deadair updated the factions to make those a requirement when they started working on the collective Eco/Scripts extensions as all-in-ones to replace all their patchwork stuff previously?
Reading a few pages back, I think the new mods have things you can disable once you start your new game. At least I hope that's the case, I've been playing without several of the smaller mods and like the way my universe is working.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 6. May 24, 21:46

angrytigerp wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 07:31
*snip*

I will clarify this.

1) Eco + Scripts is not just a collection of my mods. It is a complete redesign as I move more and more away from diff modding.
2) Eco contains the majority of my DIFF changes. This is things like fixing some things with ware baskets, lack of resources in sectors for a faction, larger station capability, ware pricing, fixing skeleton crews on AI ships, improving production balancing, and other things. It adds three new production wares that are OPTIONAL for production of other wares, that boost the productivity.
3) Scripts is just that. A rewrite and rework of all my mods that do not have to be diffs. I reworked dynamic war, evolution, and fill. I still call it God, but it is not a static start of game change diff mod. I wrote a custom logic for ordering/expanding/designing stations and accounting for their loss. I still call it Jobs, but it is not a static diff mod that relies on the vanilla job engine. I wrote a custom logic for ordering/strategically placing/replacing/recycling ships. Gate still requires some diff work and there is no way around it. Egosoft haven't implemented a script based gate system but all the gates that I add are optional. In fact it give the player control over ALL gates. Almost everything in the mod is OPTIONAL, if you don't turn things on then they don't do anything.
4) My factions have the dependency on Eco, because they are built from the ground up accounting for my station changes. I am not maintaining multiple versions of my mods for people.
5) The readme on scripts and ECO are out of date. I have been doing a ton of changing, testing, and improvements for my mods. I do not even consider them full done, that is why I put on the releases `Initial public testing release.` I have also been even busier dealing with the upcoming 7.0 stuff.
6) When my stuff is ready for 7.0, the only mods I plan on maintaining are TaterTrader, Eco, Scripts, Amarr, Caldari, Gallente, Minmatar, and the faction shared items.

So if you are on 6.2 and want to use my old stuff: Go right on ahead like in the past.
If you are on 6.2 and want to help me continue to develop and improve my new stuff: Try out Eco and Scripts.
If you are on 6.2 and want to try the new stuff and the eve factions: Eco, Scripts, and the latest releases of my factions.
If you are on 6.2 and want to play with the eve factions and my old stuff: The faction mods have an earlier release labled v6.0.3 - v6.0.0
If you are on 7.0 beta and want to use tatertrader/deadtater: click code, and download the zip.

Peppi

Post by Peppi » Tue, 7. May 24, 01:12

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 00:50
Peppi wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 00:14
So i am braindead when it comes to lingo dealing with mods lol, can i use the eve factions on 7.0 or are they not updated yet?
The only thing that is beta compatible from me, is tatertrader/deadtater mod on my github (not the release)
thank you

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”