[6.20] 100% Hazard protection is not quite 100%? - Fixed in future version

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[6.20] 100% Hazard protection is not quite 100%? - Fixed in future version

Post by LameFox » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 07:46

Steps to reproduce:

-equip a ship with the tier 3 mod "tenacity" for 100% hazard protection (and some bonus hull hitpoints).
-keep it in Avarice during the Tide.
-note that afterwards, despite reading that its hull is at full durability, its health bar will now display on the map as if damaged.

I am guessing the 100% value in the game is being rounded up from some lower value? Not really critical as the ship won't die anytime soon, but kind of annoying, as the game basically trains you to see the healthbar and think something has been damaged. And on the flip side, with ships like this in your employ you'd then be unable to rely on that as a sign of a ship having received damage.

This can be repaired with the suit laser, but is so small it doesn't register as repairable at a wharf.

Here in this save you can see the Raleigh (Condensate) attached to the Solar Power Plant in Avarice has its hull showing on the map all the time, because at some point it was docking/undocking during the Tide warning and did not leave in time:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19q5oHx ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Tranxalive on Thu, 22. Feb 24, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editing the title to say it's fixed in a future build.
***modified***

NilusBavarius
x3

Re: [6.20] 100% Hazard protection is not quite 100%?

Post by NilusBavarius » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 10:14

By my personal observations it's the bonus to hull points which has issues , as the other hull mods with this particular bonus (T1 Buttress f.e.) show the same symptom on some vessels.

Bigger Vessels don't seem to be affected, but Discoverer Vanguard for example do have the same issue after each game load.

I noticed it because they where always traveling to the nearest carrier/aux to repair after loading a save as they all got at least a T1 Hull upgrade due to the laughable durability.

Edit: Wording

LameFox
x4

Re: [6.20] 100% Hazard protection is not quite 100%?

Post by LameFox » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 12:21

Possible. This is something I use exclusively for small ships that will be active in Avarice, so if it happens in other cases I would not be exposed to it.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”