3.20 Menu Bugged - Fixed in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Crewman87

3.20 Menu Bugged - Fixed in a future build.

Post by Crewman87 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 21:59

Hello,

After the update my in game menus are not working properly.

During troubleshooting the issue, I have removed all mods and save games. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, as well as starting a new vanilla save after all that.

At this current time, it seems I am unable to play the game after this update.

Issues encountered so far:
- Cannot look at ship menus such as crew, loadout, behavior, etc. Buttons are unresponsive when clicking.
- Cannot change from current ship information being viewed by selecting another ships information. Menu does not update.

There could be more that isn't working for me, however I have been trying to resolve this for a few hours now and I am at a loss on what I could possibly do further.

I am new here, so if there is anything else I need to provide please let me know! Thank you.

Abaws
x4

Re: 3.20 Menu Bugged

Post by Abaws » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 22:06

Crewman87 wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 21:59
Hello,

During troubleshooting the issue, I have removed all mods and save games. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, as well as starting a new vanilla save after all that.

- Cannot look at ship menus such as crew, loadout, behavior, etc. Buttons are unresponsive when clicking.
- Cannot change from current ship information being viewed by selecting another ships information. Menu does not update.

There could be more that isn't working for me, however I have been trying to resolve this for a few hours now and I am at a loss on what I could possibly do further.

I am new here, so if there is anything else I need to provide please let me know! Thank you.
They added a second information menu on the right. So if you were using any mods related to that....its probably screwed. I know it sucks....but clean install?

Crewman87

Post by Crewman87 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 22:16

Hello Abaws,

I was not using any menu modification mods. To answer your question, yes this is still happening on a fresh install with a new vanilla game.

Not sure if there is anywhere else on the PC that isn't getting 'cleaned', but all mods are removed.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 22:38

Since others aren't having this problem, it definitely sounds like your game is corrupted somehow, whether by mods or something else. I suggest you perform a file verification and also manually check that there's nothing other than "ego_*" sub-folders inside your "extensions" folder, which is itself in the game folder.

SirNukes
x4

Re: 3.20 Menu Bugged - Cannot replicate.

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 22:45

I've been getting this problem as well, and throughout the recent beta. With or without extensions (including cleaning the extensions folder), steam file verification, or new game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 22:58

Well the same suggestions apply to you then. Given that you appear to be active in the modding forums, I assume you are also running mods which could be causing this.

It would also be useful to know from both of you more about your specific setup, particularly your resolution and UI scale, just in case that has any relevance.

Crewman87

Post by Crewman87 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 23:22

Extension folder only has Split Vendetta in it. This was after removal of the folder and a fresh install.

All subscribed mods are unsubbed and not downloading upon launch. Mods from Nexus have been manually removed.

Setup
Memory: 8GB DDR3
CPU: AMD FX 6300 Six Core
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Storage: WD Blue 1TB SSD
In game resolution: 1842x1036 (TV resolution).
UI Scale: 1.5

No issues prior to the 3.20 update. I also want to note that I have two information icons, the original one and the new one the right of the screen. Not sure if both are supposed to be present. Just figured I'd mention that in case.

UPDATE:
After the UI scale was brought into question I decided to bring it down to 1.0 which made the buttons work again. Changing back to 1.5 scale the buttons quit working again. Not sure if it's just me or if the the larger UI scale is causing an issue.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 23:43

That's an unusual resolution, especially in combination with that UI scale. That might indeed be a clue as to why most people don't have this problem.

Crewman87

Post by Crewman87 » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 00:10

I would agree with that statement as well.

My settings are because I am on a TV and not a standard monitor. The UI upscale is to help see the text at a distance. Pretty unlikely most people have this odd setup that I do.

Thanks for the help! I may have a harder time reading but at least I can play. :)

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 02:22

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 22:58
Well the same suggestions apply to you then. Given that you appear to be active in the modding forums, I assume you are also running mods which could be causing this.
I clean out mods, verify files, and start a new game to reproduce a problem before mentioning it.

The ui scale indeed appears to be part of the issue. At 1680x1050, scale 1.2x works but 1.3x fails to open the loadout tab. Log error:

Code: Select all

[General] 50.02 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 50.02 stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'TraceBack'
	P:\SVN\temp\helper.lua:4543: in function 'createDescriptor'
	P:\SVN\temp\helper.lua:3731: in function 'display'
	P:\SVN\temp\menu_map.lua:4973: in function 'createInfoFrame'
	P:\SVN\temp\menu_map.lua:5179: in function 'refreshInfoFrame'
	P:\SVN\temp\menu_map.lua:2592: in function <P:\SVN\temp\menu_map.lua:2582>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	P:\SVN\temp\widget_fullscreen.lua:16239: in function 'CallWidgetEventScripts'
	P:\SVN\temp\widget_fullscreen.lua:2325: in function <P:\SVN\temp\widget_fullscreen.lua:2310>
[=ERROR=] 50.02 Frame content of type 'table' was not created successfully! Aborting display of frame!

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 14:52

Fixed in an upcoming build.

jaspericus
x4

Re: 3.20 Menu Bugged - Fixed in a future build.

Post by jaspericus » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 20:14

Crewman87 wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 21:59
Hello,

I am getting this issue as well. It appears to be linked to clicking on the loadout tab in the ship inf screen and only that button. If i dont select the loadout out tab i can view any of the other tabs in ship information as many times as i want, but as soon as i select the loadout tab, not only does the loadout iinf not come up , but the rest of the horizontal ship information tabs no longer work. This has happened since the 3rd of this month (was last time i played it no issues) . I have also seen it mentioned several times in the steam forums that others are having this issue. One has gone so far as to not only remove all mods, but to do clean reinstall and new game start, still gets same issue.

EDIT the changing UI scale worked for me . Had it set to 1.5 , dropped it to 1.4 bingo loadout now works. Thank you.

aph73
x4

Post by aph73 » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 11:11

Same issue here, its stopping me from accessing the loadout tab in my spacesuit which means no EMP bombs! Any date for the fix?

Thanks.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 11:20

No precise date yet, but as a workaround just changing your UI scale may help.

aph73
x4

Post by aph73 » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 14:18

Thank you

beko
x4

Post by beko » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 22:21

florianlt wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 14:52
Fixed in an upcoming build.
ty, this is driving me crazy already =)

I purchased on GOG / Linux and playing Vanilla so I get no patches. It's reinstalling the whole game all the time so broken files are basically out of questions (installer verifies it's integrity).

z-wing-rolls

Post by z-wing-rolls » Tue, 6. Feb 24, 02:48

Hi, all. I just wanted to add my own fix to this issue, and clarify in more detail the problem I had, as this might help others and the developers possibly (though it was a mod for me). I know others have said they aren't using mods, so this fix might help some but not others.

The only fix for me was -> Remove "Subsystem Targeting Order" mod. This fixed it immediately.

The problem I had was that attempting to click the loadout tab on a capital ship would appear to do nothing, and after this none of the tabs would work properly on any ship. BEFORE clicking the loadout tab on a capital ship, I could click all the other tabs for that ship without a problem. I could click the loadout tab on sub-capital ships, even those with turrets. I only have the free odyseus as a captial ship, if that matters. Often after the capital loadout tab failed to open, the map would no longer appear, requiring a re-load.

After quite a bit of testing, in my particular case, it was definitely clicking on the loadout tab for the capitcal ship that sent things haywire.

I looked through the forums across the internet and saw the UI scaling thing, so I experiemented with that from 1 all the way up to 1.5, no change. I fiddled with fullscreen, borderless window, etc etc, no change. I tried various graphics settings, no change.

Then I found a reddit post about removing the subsystem targeting mod and it was fixed immediately. Hope this helps some people. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 6. Feb 24, 03:23

This thread is nearly four years old and the issue has been dealt with. Please don't dredge up old threads. If you have a current issue to report, please do so in a separate thread and provide the required info listed in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”