v7 Support Ship with assigned Trade Ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buck
x4

v7 Support Ship with assigned Trade Ships

Post by Buck » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 16:21

Are you guys planning on fixing this as well as balancing the scrap processing ?

Edit;
Also being able to add trade ships to the Carriers that have repair / rearm wares storage
Everything has to be done manually & its been that way forever.
At one point other trade ships would bring wares to the support ship, don't remember the build, if available but that has stopped as well.

Sp0ngeB0b
x4

Re: v7 Support Ship with assigned Trade Ships

Post by Sp0ngeB0b » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 18:36

By support ships I am assuming you mean auxiliary ships. Apologies if you know all of this already but for anyone else reading who might not know:

Currently my auxiliary ships do project trade offers for trade ships to accept. Assigned traders to the auxiliary ship do also actively look for trades much like when assigned to a station. In my experience this only works when an auxiliary ship is assigned the default command 'supply fleet', be it for an actual fleet or at a specified location in a sector. Issuing a 'fly and wait' command on the auxiliary ship seems to interrupt this functionality. Something else I have noticed is that maximum gate distance for assigned traders is not based on the auxiliary ship pilot or management skill level like for stations, but is based on the trader's individual pilot skill level like for autotrade.

I assume the reason carriers have not been given these quality of life functionalities is that it would significantly reduce the usefulness of auxiliary ships in a fleet? Carriers are able to repair without the need for wares in its storage, at least for s/m ships, but cannot rearm.

Additional things I have experienced in the v7 beta:
If an auxiliary ship is assigned to supply a sector location, the auxiliary ship may send ships within the sector for repair/rearm at an available wharf if player owned. Also if a ship is assigned to defend a station that has a wharf, the station can send the ship for repair/rearm much like how an auxiliary ship does for a fleet.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 19:43

Buck wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 24, 16:21
Are you guys planning on fixing this as well as balancing the scrap processing ?

Edit;
Also being able to add trade ships to the Carriers that have repair / rearm wares storage
Everything has to be done manually & its been that way forever.
At one point other trade ships would bring wares to the support ship, don't remember the build, if available but that has stopped as well.
Actually at one point earlier in the game, Carriers were able to field trade ships before auxiliary was rolled out. This was a deliberate decision to for Aux to have such gimmick.

I saw a Teladi scrap processing built completely without storage. Most useless station ever built.

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 20:27

I don't believe I've seen anything in the current Beta patch notes that affect their behavior, but at least in v6.20 it should be noted that trader ships attached to Trade For an aux ship commander do not use the aux ship captain's Piloting nor Management stats. The individual trade pilots must be at 5-stars of Piloting to be able to trade up to 5 sectors away, which deviates from how subordinates usually inherit the higher stats from station managers, and can potentially be the reason why they feel like they don't work sometimes.

I do think they should make them inherit stats because that's how most of us learn it works due to attaching subordinate miners and traders to stations, and leveling multiple traders to 5-star piloting for this is sort of insane in the early/mid-game, but this is how it currently works. The other issue is that they tend to float around as idle ships tend to do, except that when the aux ship moves out, it doesn't seem to obey the Recall Subordinates order and gets left behind either defenseless in space, or by some random station; the former of which could be bad news for that expensive 5-star pilot if it had just delivered a load to an aux ship on the front lines, which has now retreated from the area and the trade ship is now floating defenselessly....in enemy territory.

As for carriers, yeah they seem to want to give each ship type its own niche -- While both can basically function as carriers, Aux Ships get the trade/resupply thing, and Carriers get Position Defense, which is a bit arbitrary but that's the unfortunate state of these ship types overlapping so heavily.

Return to “X4: Foundations”