X-TRA POLLS Round #3 | How long have you been playing your current savegame?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

How long have you been playing your current savegame?

Poll ended at Wed, 1. May 24, 20:37

Less than 10 hours
8%
10 - 100 hours
28%
100 - 500 hours
34%
500 - 1000 hours
15%
More than 1000 hours
15%

Total votes: 166

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X-TRA POLLS Round #3 | How long have you been playing your current savegame?

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 20:37

Greetings, Members of the X-Community!

The last poll has concluded and we’ve once again received some really interesting data.
Thank you for voting, especially if you took the liberty to voice your opinion and gave us feedback!

The next poll is: “How long have you been playing your current savegame?”
Note: You can check this by going to the game's main menu, load game, select your current savegame and it should list your in-game time on the right side with other details Longer play sessions will be indicated by days.

A tiny help to convert:
100 hours = 4.167 days
500 hours = 20.833 days
1000 hours = 41.67 days

(there are also some cool days-to-hours converters on the internet if you are lazy like me)

How does the Poll work?
Every two weeks, we’ll be rolling out polls in the forum where you can weigh in on crucial aspects of our games. Your votes will play a key role in helping us gather valuable insights to shape the future of our games!

But hold on, there’s more! Beyond just data collection, we’re keen on fostering discussions and hearing your thoughts. Alongside each poll, there’s a dedicated discussion thread going on where you can share your insights, ideas, and feedback related to the poll topic. It’s not only a great way to engage with fellow gamers but also an opportunity for us to gather additional valuable input.

However, it’s important to note that while we value your input, the results of the polls won’t necessarily guarantee implementation or consideration.
These polls are primarily for fun and data gathering.

So, get ready to have your voice heard in The X-tra Polls! Let’s shape our beloved X-Universe together!

Previous Polls:
Poll #2: Which phase do you enjoy the most in X4: Foundations?
Poll #1: In your opinion, which X4: Foundations expansion was the most worthwhile?

xant
x4

Re: X-TRA POLLS Round #3 | How long have you been playing your current savegame?

Post by xant » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 20:42

Over 1000, by far. Started a new Terran game when CoH came out, and never left that save and the safety it provides me. Even after longer breaks from the game, loading that save up is like coming home.

I also want to say that despite dearly loving my save, I wouldn't have minded way more severe overhauls of sunlight intensity. They were too cautious for my taste. I'd have adapted, such is the nature of the game.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: X-TRA POLLS Round #3 | How long have you been playing your current savegame?

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 21:28

Current game is at about 568 hours. This is typical of a fairly late game for me, will likely be restarting before too long. Most of my games run for around 600-800 hours before I decide I've got too much stuff, or have run out of plots & planets to terraform, or a shiny new DLC has just been released, & will have more fun if I restart so I can do it all over again but in a somewhat different manner (i.e. different plot choices, ships, allied factions/enemies, overall approach to station building & military matters, etc). Current game is my 9th.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 21:32

700 hours - the save that carry on since 1.0, albeit I think about starting fresh after dealing 7.0 crisis and Timelines as my universe seems rather out of balance.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 23:29

My first and only save of X4 have started since 3.00 was released as I bought the game. So there's currently over 1200 hours (50d xxh).
Real spent hours in the game is way much more than that (game paused while organizing, reloaded due tests or failures etc).

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 00:04

BitByte wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 23:29
My first and only save of X4 have started since 3.00 was released as I bought the game. So there's currently over 1200 hours (50d xxh).
Real spent hours in the game is way much more than that (game paused while organizing, reloaded due tests or failures etc).
I probably rewound 8+ days in the current save due to testing stuff half a day and then reloading.

Turns out I had the Timelines DLC all along.
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

Darkhan
x4

Post by Darkhan » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 00:14

My current save sits at about 1870 hours.
All terraforming done (took a chunk of that time).
And it was a re-start since my original 1.0 save got corrupted by a power outage and my backup was too old.

Learned that lesson.

Irushian
x4

Post by Irushian » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 00:52

xant wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 20:42
Over 1000, by far. Started a new Terran game when CoH came out, and never left that save and the safety it provides me. Even after longer breaks from the game, loading that save up is like coming home.

I also want to say that despite dearly loving my save, I wouldn't have minded way more severe overhauls of sunlight intensity. They were too cautious for my taste. I'd have adapted, such is the nature of the game.
Same here, it would be very easy to quickly adapt to that change though I believe it may be more for the AI empires than for us. I'm sure they would adjust given time and I do wish Egosoft would be less cautious in these sort of balance changes. I don't think the games economy is as fragile as it once was.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 01:03

I mostly lose interest in continuing a save once I have reached a critical mass, which usually happens before 100 hours.

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 04:24

一个月前买的游戏,目前500h,大概重开过4、5个档。每个档或多或少100h吧。
特别喜欢这类游戏,来提一些个人的感想,仅供参考,自己玩的游戏不多,但喜欢的游戏都会玩很深入。

1、后期没有什么好玩的了,玩家已经无敌。没有挑战。地球改造这种真的提不起兴趣。
——这方面建议参考rimworld,轻轻松松上千小时。a.一点一滴打造基地(建造需要有归属感),b.培养小人(自己的战舰需要有归属感,及亲自培养的舰长等)。c.有一个最终目标,rimworld是飞升,那x4是什么?终局挑战就算了吧就一个战役,玩家并没有为此辛辛苦苦奋斗一个存档。或者说当你产业差不多之后你已经无敌了。

2、B族做完主线之后基本没有什么存在感了,那它存在的意义到底是什么,扮演英国女王?这方面建议b也别独自清高,配件不通用了。要不让b的配件通用化一下吧。也能拿来配配船玩,有点参与感。或者说麻烦让b融入星门网络吧,这dlc草率了。或者能解锁或研究b的科技,别的种族可以研究其武器拿来通用化。

3、妖王真的太无敌了,一舰畅行无阻,阿斯加德主炮也太夸张了,一炮一个k或者i,别说席恩了,开个巨兽就基本无敌了。当你开上这种船之后,就真的没有挑战了。无敌是多么寂寞。此处应该好好重新设计一下改装系统,属于官方开挂有点夸张了。数值过分了点。
——这方面请参考我另一个喜欢的游戏,怪物猎人,14种武器等于14个完全不一样的游戏,玩怪物猎人的人轻轻松松上千小时,因为要玩精一个武器很费劲,目前x4太自由了,做个任务你可以开s可以开m可以开战列舰,是否可以这样,每一类战舰,可以给予其意义,战役,副本,比如argon给你派个任务,去消灭一群敌人,但你只能带1s或者1队s或者1队m,那么玩家就有兴趣去配好这仅有的战舰来应对这场副本。
或者可以参考远行星号,赏金任务。你知道这个敌人有多少船,或者一些主要的船是什么战舰,那你就知道你要带多少船去挑战这个任务了。

4、玩家势力太圆滑了,没有对手,各个都可以满声望,海盗sca也就是对你小打小闹。那我辛辛苦苦建造舰队,没有一个敌人去痛揍,建造舰队来干嘛,推X吗?X这么菜,保护还来不及。还是一样,无敌了,太寂寞了,没劲。
——这方面请参考神作xcom2,上面第三点说了游戏的战术层面,那么在战役层面,玩家需要一个真正意义上的“终极挑战”,否则时间没有紧迫感,我随便开个seta挂机,钱分分钟刷到几个亿,玩家的头上需要悬着一把刀,让他玩这个游戏需要战役上做取舍,去推进,比如想要和a好,那必然和ter不好,不能什么都要,所有声望都20,太无聊了吧?
另,学习一下2k的随机系统,比如,我只是举个例子,我今天得到一艘席恩,他可以改引擎,但他不是什么改装都能装,这艘(x4里每艘船都是独立的id)特定这艘船,在杀了多少敌人之后,或者多少经验之后,才可以改装引擎,具体能改装什么,比如现在能改4种,但这艘船只能改2种中的1种,让玩家做选择,做取舍,选了其中1种,就无缘其他另外3种。要有随机性。否则x4就是批量造船,老样子,无敌,太寂寞了。我对我这艘船也没有归属感。就一个交通工具。

5、必须,必须,必须要有难度选项,游戏是个好游戏,一个好好框架。我玩了500h之后现在就想玩炼狱模式的x4基石。

——————————The following content comes from translation software——————————

The game I bought a month ago has been running for 500 hours and has probably been restarted for 4-5 levels. Each level should take more or less 100 hours.
I really like this type of game. Here are some personal thoughts for reference only. I don't play many games myself, but I enjoy playing them in depth.

1. There's nothing fun in the later stages, players are invincible. No challenges. The transformation of the Earth really doesn't arouse interest.
——In this regard, it is recommended to refer to Rimworld and effortlessly spend thousands of hours. a. Build a base bit by bit (building requires a sense of belonging), b. cultivate villains (one's own warship needs a sense of belonging, and personally cultivate a captain, etc.). c. There is an ultimate goal, rimworld is to soar, so what is x4? The final challenge is just a battle, and players have not worked hard to save it. Or in other words, when your industry is almost complete, you are already invincible.

2. After completing the main storyline, the B tribe has almost no sense of existence. So what is the meaning of its existence, playing the role of the Queen of England? In this regard, it is suggested that B should not be arrogant alone, as accessories are not universal anymore. How about making b's accessories universal. It can also be used to match boats for fun, giving a sense of participation. Or rather, could you please let B integrate into the Stargate network? This DLC is hasty. Or it can unlock or study B's technology, and other races can study their weapons for generalization.

3. The Demon King is really invincible, with a smooth sailing ship and an exaggerated main gun in Asgard. Each gun has a k or i, not to mention Sean, opening a giant beast is basically invincible. After you board this kind of ship, there really isn't any challenge left. Invincible is so lonely. The modification system should be redesigned properly here, as it is a bit exaggerated to be an official feature. The value is a bit excessive.
——In this regard, please refer to my other favorite game, Monster Hunter. 14 different weapons are equivalent to 14 completely different games. Players can easily play Monster Hunter for thousands of hours because it is difficult to master a single weapon. Currently, x4 is too free. When doing a task, you can open S or M and open battleships. Is this possible? Each type of battleship can be given meaning, battles, and dungeons. For example, Argon sends you a task to eliminate a group of enemies, but you can only bring 1s or 1 team S or 1 team M, so players are interested in matching these only battleships to deal with this dungeon.
Alternatively, you can refer to the Journey Star and bounty missions. If you know how many ships this enemy has, or what major warships they are, then you know how many ships you need to bring to challenge this mission.

4. The player's power is too smooth, there are no opponents, and everyone can enjoy high reputation. Pirate Sca is just playing around with you. So I worked hard to build a fleet, and not a single enemy went to beat me up. What are we doing to build a fleet, pushing X? X is such a dish, there's not enough time to protect it. Still the same, invincible, too lonely, boring.
——In this regard, please refer to the masterpiece XCOM2. The third point above mentioned the tactical aspect of the game. At the battle level, players need a true "ultimate challenge", otherwise time is not urgent. I casually open a seta to hang up, and the money can reach several hundred million in minutes. The player needs to hang a knife on his head, and playing this game requires making choices and pushing forward in the battle. For example, if he wants to be good with A, he must be not good with TE, and cannot have everything. All reputation is 20, which is too boring, right?
Also, let's learn about a 2k random system. For example, I just gave an example. Today, I got a Sean that can modify its engine, but it can't be installed with any modifications. This particular ship (each ship in x4 has an independent ID) can only modify its engine after killing a certain number of enemies or gaining a certain amount of experience. What specific modifications can be made? For example, there are currently 4 options available, but this ship can only modify one of the 2 options. Players can make choices and make choices. If they choose one option, they won't be able to modify the other 3 options. There should be randomness. Otherwise, x4 will be mass shipbuilding, as usual, invincible, and too lonely. I don't have a sense of belonging to my ship either. Just one means of transportation.

5. Must, must, must have difficulty options, the game is a good game, a good framework. After playing for 500 hours, I now want to play the x4 cornerstone of purgatory mode.

Pearl_Canopus
x4

Post by Pearl_Canopus » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 13:23

It would be great to have the opportunity to convert a savegame in order to provide all the new features after update. Maybe I had to "reexplore" some sectors of the map. That would be easier to accomplish as a restart. It's my opinion.
As I had to start a new game for new content after every master update, I have not more than 100h in a savegame usually. Only my first one (1.0) I played for a longer period of time (~250h).

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 13:52

Current is 10-100, previous 100-500. I rarely if ever go far beyond that.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 14:36

Current long-term vanilla Boron DLC gamesave is 587 hours. I had about twice that for original release gamestart, and about the same as the Boron for each other DLC start (except TOA maybe which seemed shorter). There was a lot of time in beta testing too making up my 4,000 hours total in-game (little SETA and no AFK play).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:35

On my third game currently & been at it for 500 hours. First game was the shortest, played at game launch & only lasted about 100 hours I think.
Gave it a go again with the launch of Cradle of Humanity & that one lasted about 500 hours till the Fall of Sol (Xenon took Sol all the way to Earth & Jupiter). Went with various plots to unify factions & bring peace. Xenon still crushed all (Split were fine tho, so guess the rest of the universe got the Xenon attention normally reserved for Split) Still one of my most memorable games, Xenon were very aggressive & I was learning the game still.

Restarted with the launch of Tides of Avarice with the pirate questline, currently running a large & vast trade-empire (overthrew Northriver, but it was more a case of 'Meet your new boss, same as the old boss'), picked plots that ignited more conflict in the universe & created more factions & befriend them all so my factories & traders got everlasting customers. Paranid Tri-war, Split civil war & the only enemies I have is Xenon & Khaak, everyone else I got 20+ rep with. Works like a charm, I earn credits faster then I can spend it.
Currently expanding my trade-empire to solve antimatter converter shortages, the NPC shipyards produce near constantly new ships to fight with & they need constant replacing.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:42

Can there be an option for "since launch"? :twisted: :mrgreen: :eg: :x4:

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:51

vr01 wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:42
Can there be an option for "since launch"? :twisted: :mrgreen: :eg: :x4:
It's too late to revise the poll at this point, but I will keep in mind that there are extreme ends to these questions.
This time, it's enough if you declare it by posting here :D

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 17:26

Greetings,

Last time I checked (Feb'24) the current save/fork was at around 46d+, which would translate to 1104 hours+.

... would probably have been more if I had the chance to update it properly within the last 7 months (lack of internet connection), but that's hopefully solved next week.

The fork before that reached 49d+ (December '23), before I chose another path on the 34d+ mark.

This particular save was created around 4.2 if I remember correctly, and was my 3rd fresh start back then.

As soon as I get the connection back, I will probably start a new one for the 7.0beta (vanilla testing) and a new long run in earnest, when 7.0/7.1 (reliably patched 7.x) drops, which will also run for at least 30d, or 720 hours.

Even tho it was subject to the last poll, I really enjoy the late game when the groundwork for long term market manipulation and political intervention is set which usually starts at around 10d, or 240 hours into a save, not to mention the established personal emotional attachments to different Vessels /Captains /Crew (and later even Stations) at that point.

While I haven't played since March this year, due to multiple reasons besides lack of internet access, I am very excited about the 7.x version and going forward (only overflew the first patchnotes as it dropped).

Thank you all @Egosoft for the great work you did and do while creating and polishing the game of the decade and a real piece of art!

Cheers

Codejnki
x4

Post by Codejnki » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 18:27

My current save will probably hit 48 hours later today or tomorrow.

But I did start a completely fresh save to test 7.0 beta features so this number is skewed.

Steam says I have 2644 hours in X4. The bulk of those hours were on a single save that ran 24/7 for months pre ToA release.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 18:37

3007.2 hrs. (92d, 17h, 20min)

I suppose that it's too late to worry about getting a life, but at 76 it seems that this is my life.
Last edited by Scarecrow on Thu, 18. Apr 24, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 18:50

Hi,
My current and 2nd game is at 195h and I'm far than done with it. I think I started it with 3.0 update/ Split DLC launch. Is there a information in the game file to know that?
SETA mode 12 min / Time saved: 10 min.
I"ve not played it since new year, I like to change regularly and I've a good number of game... to finish :D .

My first game at launch is probably over 100h but less than the current, I will check my old PC if I have some old backup.

Bye

Edit: Total Steam 345h. Mostly of played gaming hours.
Edit2: Added SETA information, it's trending in latest post so why not ;)
Last edited by Loltak on Fri, 19. Apr 24, 17:03, edited 3 times in total.
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Return to “X4: Foundations”