Notifications / Logs / Pause

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CptJennifer
x4

Notifications / Logs / Pause

Post by CptJennifer » Tue, 20. Feb 24, 20:19

I strongly suggest one simple rule regarding all notifications including bottom left corner popups, center screen text notifications, bottom right notifications and/or comms.

If any such notification should be raised, do either of the following:

1) Show the notification as it is shown now, but ensure at least one of the following conditions:
a) The notification popup is paused when the game is paused and does not fade out
b) The notification can be found in the log

2) Do not even try to show the notification, just forget it and don't frighten or frustrate the players, because they may not be fast enough to leave whatever menu they are just in, find out where the message is on screen, and then read it before it disappears and cannot be found again.

Some examples: Ship taking hits, last order could not be completed, temporary reputation loss, ...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Notifications / Logs / Pause

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Feb 24, 21:56

These are suggestions and not Tech Sp requests. Over we go to the gameplay forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CptJennifer
x4

Post by CptJennifer » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 00:23

Fine, I appologize, I really thought it is quite a technical issue if pause doesn't pause, notifications are not visible when you're in the wrong place, message logging doesn't work and the general compatibility with low-performance "player hardware" (hands, eyes and brains) is questionable.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 01:08

Greetings,

There are some messages which can be en- and disabled and adjusted to be logged or not in the "global orders" Tab if I remember correctly.

Some of the more important things still get buried under useless bits (left bottom info screen f.e.) and I'd love to have a bit more control over "what" and "where" it's presented.

Anyway, you are not the only one who has some compatibility issues at times in that regard with the installed hardware.

Regards,
Nilus

Return to “X4: Foundations”