[4.20 HF2] Graphical Gliches

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franc Kaos

[4.20 HF2] Graphical Gliches

Post by Franc Kaos » Wed, 23. Aug 17, 07:12

Was kind'a hoping to post this with images but screenshot just creates a 1k text file, so here goes...

1) non stereo white glitches on stations, almost like half the stereo image loses the bitmap and is white. It doesn't happen often and only on like a small area and also seems like it changes when at certain angles.

2) Sun bloom (in certain zones of Albion) also seems to hit at certain angles (tho I may be affecting the change hiding it behind the semi transparent screens), tried finding a setting to turn bloom off (or at least tone it down somewhat) to see if it was that but no joy, not a glitch so much as annoying to the eye as it almost feels like a switch Bloom on / off as you move about.

3) The UI definitely requires a do over, the sidebar is clunky as heck, the monitor wrongly placed. Like Dertien suggested in an earlier post, the virtual Quick Menu circle needs to be expanded to replace sidebar. When in Comms it's tiring to flick between legacy dialogue in front of you and info dump on monitor (esp when there's a virtual screen when down on the platform that's right in front of you and exceptional) - needs fixing as a matter of urgency and maybe fold dialoge into the monitor so it flows better.

If anyone knows of a way to turn off bloom (via game text file), would be eternally grateful. Cheers.

Edit: The bloom thing happens when the sun is out of VR view, which is kinda realistic I guess, but the transition is too sudden and when throwing the ship around in a fight it almost feels like random blinking - on / off / on for a microsecond then back off...

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 09:13

All settings maxed out, 16GBs RAM, 1060 Nvidia, i5, no mods:

Whilst on platforms, distant parts of the station disappear as you look at them, super distracting, better to not render them at all, plus things like clouds also fade in out depending on where you're looking.

Gun on the left side of the ship blinks into existence on the periphery of vision.

If the stations are not going to be populated like in the original maybe you should make the platform sections of the game more like a static screen where you can interact with NPCs.

Docking request sound file still playing as you materialise on the platform, probably best to disable it, esp as Yisha is no longer a copilot.

Put Yisha back #missingourcopilot

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 00:37

OK, last post, finally got an image - prntscr wouldn't work, even Fraps wouldn't screenshot but good old windows Snip tool did the job. This was one of the worst examples I found, Home of Light does seem slightly worse than Albion for glitches tho'.

http://imgur.com/a/zgmPd

Cheers.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 12:23

Do you get the station texture glitches in 2D play as well as in 3D? Is that also what you meant by non-stereo, or just that it only affected one side of the imagery when in 3D and this was exclusively a 3D issue?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 00:32

It shows up in both displays (2D & 3D) which is how I was able to get a screenshot, but the monitor is set to display only one image. Tho' I've not played in exclusively 2D, just trying to get the pic.

It's a hard one to capture as moving your head literally millimetres makes it vanish.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 08:23

I came across a glitch last night when I captured my first Titurel. From a fairly close distance, a good deal of the external piping on the ship would render...weirdly, a bit as if the two eyes weren't synchronized (hard to describe, I know). This kinda resolved itself if I moved around a bit, but then other parts of the ship would do the same. If I moved about 2kms away, there was no problem.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 05:30

I emailed Egosoft about the issue with textures/lighting not matching in both lense, so they should know about it as they replied. It gets worse when the map is open.

With a Vive it's happened on both of my PCs:

i7 3770 / 1070
i7 7700k / 1080ti

It happens regardless of graphics settings or GPU drivers.

http://i.imgur.com/vMbyGia.jpg
Look at the orange area. There's less/no shadows in the left lense.

There's a thread on here where Oculus users are having the same issue.

gapper4 wrote:I came across a glitch last night when I captured my first Titurel. From a fairly close distance, a good deal of the external piping on the ship would render...weirdly, a bit as if the two eyes weren't synchronized (hard to describe, I know). This kinda resolved itself if I moved around a bit, but then other parts of the ship would do the same. If I moved about 2kms away, there was no problem.
I have the same problem. The top of the Arawn on the intro screen has the problem with lighting as well.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 14:30

Could someone send us a savegame of a location where this can be observed to crash@egosoft.com with a reference to this forum-url ?

Or alternatively, make a screenshot and send both the screenshot and the matching .txt file ( the textfile contains the position in the universe, we can use that to jump there ) ?

Please also include your config.xml ( from documents\egosoft\XRebirth VR ), just in case this only occurs with some specific graphic-setting/quality.

Thanks!

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 15:47

Franc Kaos wrote:OK, last post, finally got an image - prntscr wouldn't work, even Fraps wouldn't screenshot but good old windows Snip tool did the job.
Printscreen should work in 4.21, screenshots stored in the game's data-folder.

Alternatively, run in windowed mode, make sure the game does NOT have focus and then press print-screen to capture the entire desktop (and then crop in paint).

Fraps won't work, because XR-VR is a Vulkan game, which is not supported by fraps.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”